It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Charged With 24 Counts of WMD Possession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Police found 6 bombs in a car he was driving, more in his home.

August 11, 2004
ESTES THOMPSON
Associated Press

RALEIGH - A teenager charged with possessing two dozen pipe bombs didn't appear to have any targets or a plan of action when he was arrested after fleeing an accident scene, police said Tuesday.

link to story here, john

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I used to play with explosives as a kid... It was an intellectual challenge, and I let them off in remote areas, etc. Face it, many teens are pyros, and most find harmless outlets for it... Think about the explosions used in entertainment, of course it's an interest...

However, if a kid now (post 911), I damned sure wouldn't be making pipe bombs... Pretty stupid for an apparently smart kid...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Until France, Germany and the U.N inspectors can get in to his car and verify the existence of the supposed wepons we owe it to world peace to contain this young man and not invade his peaceful car.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
eh? how are pipe bombs WMD's, or am i missing something?

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
crmanager

I bet he was in cohoots with Saddam. Now we have closure on this issue.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yikes! I blew up my fair share of 'things' as a youth too... Never drove around with 6 pipe bombs or anything though either... Kids today...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The good old days when we used to buy Dynamite for 7.50 a stick and make bombs out of many other things. We would take them out on our farm and blow up stumps and such, never had any desire to hurt anyone and never did but I sure would not posess the stuff now.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It just blows my mind how these can be considered WMD's. Yeah, I could see getting WMD charges if he was making hi-tech plastic explosives, or if they found a couple reels of det cord, or 55 gallon drums of napalm, but jesus... pipe bombs?!?

Man, we have so many fireworks stands around here full of WMD's!!! AND MOST OF THEM ARE SUPPLIED BY CHINA!!! They gonna get in trouble, man... I'm tellin ya!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
these are considered to as WMDs because of teh high blast radius with a small bomb that sends shrapnel our and can harm man ppl in a confinded area. its not the same wmd as a nuke.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
eh? how are pipe bombs WMD's, or am i missing something?

-koji K.

Yes, its stupid. The case is probably there to give Bush closure on the WMD. Americans are walking around with loaded rifles, which are far more dangerous than a simple pipe bomb. I don't know what Quicksilver is on about, but after reading about kids being charged for firing pellet guns, MM's Bowling for Colombine, teens re-enacting Grand Theft Auto by shooting from a bridge and the WTC disasters; cops are going to get edgy about this kind of thing.

The 24 pipe bombs were in his car in which should he have gotten into an accident, then they would all go off at the same time creating a devastating explosion.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by websurfer]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well US citizens as our civil right are being strip out from under our noses by the patriot act things like having pipe bombs or fire crackers with label you as a terrorist and you will be prosecuted as such.

On the other hand what in the world the kid had pipe Bombs for in his car?

That does not sound right.

new topics

top topics

join