It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Use Missing Man's Skull As An Ornament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is unbelievable.

Talk about a sheer lack of respect for human life.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89ea10b04425.jpg[/atsimg]

web.orange.co.uk...

Police Used Skull As An Ornament

Czech cops who used a suspected murder victim's skull as an ornament are being sued by the dead man's relatives.

The man's skeleton was found three years ago but the murder investigation was closed because it was not possible to find out how the man had died.

But the body remained unidentified until recently when a new computer program allowed police to identify the body had belonged to missing Francis Vandas by taking a scan of the skull.

But after it was cleaned the skull ended up being used as a bookend - with a police cap on the top - by officers at Volary, in the Czech Republic.

They even took pictures of the skull, which are now the subject of a legal case by the man's family, and posted them on a social networking site.

Relative Ruzena Breznanova, 59, said: "When I turned up to collect the remains I saw the skull sitting on a shelf next to a beer mug with a police cap on it.

"It was shocking. The chief of homicide led me into his office, took a cap off this skull and handed it to me saying here's your brother-in-law. I was really appalled."

When the woman's complaint ended up in local newspapers readers pointed out that the snaps had even been posted on a social media site.

Police spokesman Radek Sandorova said: "We are carrying out a full investigation and if it turns out to be true then we will take disciplinary action against the officer concerned.

"I want an explanation. No one deserves to have their head used like this after death, having no respect?"

Homicide chief Thomas Tesarka has refused to comment.

edit on 5-7-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Wow i'd sue the police to if it was my relatives skull. But since it's not I got a nice chuckle out of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Its good to see that the police are the same unsensitive,
, knuckle dragging
the whole world over.

Were those cops really that stupid? Taking him into the room with the scull on the bookcase with the hat on it and just handing it to him just like that? You would think they would have at least had the sense to put it back with the rest of the body before he came in to claim it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes to put it all baqck together would be the logical thing to do.

But is this a country where the police have the Leo complex & are use to doing what they want & getting away with it, hence have had little reason to fear, yet alone understand causality.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

It sounds as if the family at least may gain some respite through legal means...what a deplorable way to live. I feel pity and sorrow for those so desensitized by war and despot govt's that this is just in another day's adventures.

ColoradoJens

top topics

join