It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fear of change or?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
have noticed over the last years I have been subscribed to ATS, as well as general people watching as I'm going about my business that it has enabled me to come to a conclusion (whether right or wrong) that we as a society are afraid on a constant basis.

I'm only going to pick a couple as thats all I have time for this morning.
So please flame and comment as you see fit.

Is it a fear of the people not in the same colour skin as ourselves, those that believe their God is better than ours, or that those that have more money than us are out to get us shackled up as slaves.
We are bombarded day and night by fearmongering either through the main stream media, TV and radio, advertising bill posters friends and family, colleagues at work, Government notices. We are not allowed to be unafraid so let me take it one small section at a time.

Religeon - take it or leave it, it is the biggest control we have, you are told to believe in spirits, ghosts in the ether who control our destinies and the eventual outcome of our souls journey through the cosmos and time. If we don't believe then we are destined to spend eternity burning in hell where pain and fear will envelope you and theres no escape, no religeon that I am aware of actually says 'find out for yourself, all we can do is give you alternatives'.
Christianity and Islam according to ATS and other media will not accept each other and any other belief system you may have as an individual is simply not allowed.
To choose your right path one only has to simply follow your own moral compass, you know whats right and whats wrong, IMHO killing those who have not as individuals wronged you simply because you are told to is wrong end of. It's your choice to be afraid to deny Hell ( if there is one).

Society - We have good people and bad people in every aspect, look at all the police brutality stories going around both here on ATS and other media they hardly ever mention the good ones, the ones that stop crimes, help the vulnerable, we only ever remember the bad, we are told to fear the bad.
Actually to prevent bad things from police try to stop and be polite as you would your grandparents or a stranger, politeness never kills, doesn't cost anything and could help in the long run.
Gangs are another problem, they're a global fad, they see that the gangster culture is a quick route to riches ( which you must have to be popular ) again its a choice, one that is morally ambigious, should I or shouldn't I join a gang to simply fit in or beause I'm told to by someone who is a bully?
Again it's your choice, free will is a gift one not to be given up for the sake of money. Honour goes further and real repsect cannot gotten though violence , it must be earned.

Money/ possesions - we weren't born into a world carrying a wallet, and we certainly won't go to our graves carrying one thats full, all we'll take with us to the grave are the events and memories and experiences of our lives so why chase after something that never existed when instead we can better ourselves through being ourselves?
Money never buys happiness, it buys the ILLUSION of happiness, someone else always wants it and thinks they deserve it more, We are not given the opportunity to discover any alterantive as the TV and newspapers constantly tell you that you MUST have the latest gadget to be popular with the ladies ( or guys if you are a lady) to be popular and 'loved'.
Its your choice to deny this lie and be nice to your friends by soft words, compassionate deeds and certainly not through social networks, We have the best already, our mouths, heads and hearts, there's no emotion from your fingers tapping a screen.
And there's those that have the most to lose, those that think they are so rich that they can buy respect, loyalty and love buy simply BUYING it, sorry guys it doesn't work like that, people hate you because you want to keep it , sure earning it cost you a lot of time and effort but its a momentary fix to fill a hole in your heart, one that should be filled with understanding and compassion, like I said earlier you can't take it with you and the only thing that will come of it is people will fight over it on your grave, your respect and loyalty and 'love' will disipate as soon as the dirts thrown on your coffin, If you want immortality then do something people will appreciate and remember the good for.
Its your choice to change, but you are afraid of it aren't you?.

There are many other aspects of our lives we are fearful of, the kids on the street are told to hate authority, elders, other life on the planet after all everything comes easy doesn't it?
People are afraid of changing not only themselves but their lives, we are comfortable in our domains that we have built up around us and so they don't even contemplate changing.

If we as a society actually said "enough of what I want how about what WE want" then maybe we can stop fearing change and start to understand that we are and can be better than what those that have the most to lose tell us to.

I need a coffee now so enough rantng about the ills of the world, whether Aliens, Elenin , NWO the Apocalypse whatever live each day and look forward to the future no matter what happens, be good to each other and appreciate that you did good instead of bad.
Its your choice in the end.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You are clearly cluless and you obvioulsy go along with the mainstream view of things.
I'm not even going to get started where you are wrong with what you think because i would be here for quite a while.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Groupbehaviour.

Fear what we fear and be part of the gang. The Sheep Says “Baaaah”, can you say baaaahhh?

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
You are clearly cluless and you obvioulsy go along with the mainstream view of things.
I'm not even going to get started where you are wrong with what you think because i would be here for quite a while.

Actually no I'm not clueless but I'll forgive you for your comments, thats why I said flame away.
I am my own person and I do not subscribe to the mainstream view of things and there is no way to convince any of you otherwise, I follow my own moral code and that means treat everyone with respect and dignity and those that seek to wrong me I simply walk away from, which is what we should all be doing.
So your point is now what? Will you simply hate for hates sake or think for yourself?
We should make our own choices right or are you scared of being your own person as well?.
I am not fearfull of most things ( except sail boats but thats a story not for your ears) but I take each day as it comes and seek to understand what I do not already.
So please enjoy your day.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Groupbehaviour.

Fear what we fear and be part of the gang. The Sheep Says “Baaaah”, can you say baaaahhh?

Peace

I don't follow any herds I make my own way, and for some people who think I should follow them throw insults when I don't, they say I'm scared to do so, see how the fear we have to fight everyday seperates us for simply accepting that someone else has a different opinion, respect them for it.
And if they don't respect your opinion then simply say " it's your choice ". and leave it at that, you should never knock it down to childish tantrums and name calling.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

One should not forget the important social function of shared fear......

The fear of hunger, the fear of predators, the fear of isolation.....it's what brought us together in the first place. Since the fears that brought us together are not relevant anymore, we need to come up with new one's to keep society glued together.

I think you'll find most of the ATS'ers are in line with your assessment on society. That's why we congregate here and talk about things we should fear instead of the things the "sheeple" fear.

.........thus, through our own fears, we create this wonderful community called ATS.

Or something like that...

Peace

join