It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenpeace: City 60k from Fukushima w/3-4 times radiation levels at which Soviets evacuated everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
“Unbelievable”: Large city 60 km from meltdowns has 3-4 times radiation levels at which Soviets evacuated everyone - hotspots up to 500-700 times normal.

"I personally find it very disturbing, because on the one hand you see the Japanese authorities forcing people and society to get back to normal... And yet at the same time there are still extremely high levels of radiation and the contamination of the soil, and also potentially in the food," the activist told RT. "This is just unbelievable because at those levels of exposure it certainly poses a risk to the lives and health of the people. If you draw a parallel to the Chernobyl disaster, then actually the Soviets decided to evacuate everyone living in the place, where radiation was three or four times lower than what we see in Fukushima City today,"

I still can't believe the rest of the world is allowing the Japanese government / TEPCO to brush this under the rug and pretend like it's not a MAJOR catastrophe.

Source:

edit on 5-7-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The media here in Canada and the US is strangely silent on what's happening over there. I found this recent article on Reuters:

FUKUSHIMA, Japan (Reuters) - They scoop up soil from their gardens and dump it in holes dug out in parks and nearby forests, scrub their roofs with soap and refuse to let their children play outside.

More than three months after a massive earthquake and tsunami triggered a nuclear meltdown at a nearby power plant, Fukushima residents are scrambling to cope with contamination on their own in the absence of a long-term plan from the government.

af.reuters.com...

I fear that the residents of Fukushima and Japan are in serious trouble. The government can't help them

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
personally I think they put people lives to one side as not being worth the damage to the global economy (and their wealth) that telling the truth would create.

In my opinion this is about the elite maintaining their wealth at any cost which is a really sad indictment of our species..

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I think you are partly right on both counts but think about it....
The problems of evacuating maybe millions of people from japan to????
The PTB want to reduce the current pop level anyways so maybe this fits right into their plans.
There will be lots of long painful deaths from this that will reap ritches untold for drug companies....
The truth is far worse than just japans danger....the whole pacific rim is in danger....perhaps the world....
These are slow moving atom bombs exploding in slow motion, but just as deadly, perhaps even more so....
The criminal neglect of the PTB in dealing with this and other issues makes it obvious that the people are being written off wlly nilly,its all about the bottom line now......

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Sadly this does not surprise me much at all. Makes you wonder how much is hitting the West Coast and further. I really if the Soviets were moving people out that fast that should be a good hint to move your people the Soviets never did things faster than other countries, just look at their submariners on the K-141 for an example.

top topics

join