It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$15 Billion Treasure discovered in India.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

During the past week, a team of experts appointed by India's supreme court has opened five vaults dedicated to the deity Lord Vishnu to uncover an enormous hoard of gold idols, jewellery studded with diamonds, emeralds and other precious stones, antique silver, and even two golden coconut shells studded with rubies and emeralds

Article

This massive treasure was discovered at a temple in India called Kerala. Apparently this treasure has been locked up since the 1930's, and only now permission was given to open the 6 vaults that is under the temple. So far 5 of the 6 vaults have been opened, with one obviously still locked.

The treasure is basically offerings that was made to deities over the past 500 years.

The entire operation is going on under heavy police security, but nothing is being filmed or photographed. "Taking photos within the sacred space of the temple is strictly prohibited," says Kumar.

That is not really surprising, considering this massive discovery.

This type of discovery always makes me wonder, how much undiscovered treasure is there still out there? Things locked up and long forgotten. Seems there is still much to be discovered in this world.

vvv

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'm not saying that I completely agree with sacrificing or offering to appease the gods, but, wouldn't you think it would be a good idea to just leave it alone, just in case.

I fully believe in karma, so, I can definitely see stealing 15 billion dollars worth of treasure from lord Vishnu biting the Indian government in the backside in the near future.

Oh, another thing, let's just play the hypothetical game for a minute...
If extraterrestrials do exist and they are these "diety lords", what do you think they would do if they returned to earth and all the treasures they had commanded humans to give up (offerings) weren't available.

A step further.....

What would they do if they found out the ancients had made offerings that were later stolen by greedy governments.
edit on 5-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Personally, i don't think there is a "curse" or any such thing surrounding the treasure. I think they discovered alot ot treasure, and should use the money for themselves.

It can be perceived that the deity, "protected" this treasure until the time was right, when the treasure was needed. In that case, it would be considered a "blessing" from the deity.

vvv

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Personally, i don't think there is a "curse" or any such thing surrounding the treasure. I think they discovered alot ot treasure, and should use the money for themselves.

It can be perceived that the deity, "protected" this treasure until the time was right, when the treasure was needed. In that case, it would be considered a "blessing" from the deity.

vvv
I would agree if there was proof that this deity had given his blessings to open these vaults, but, I highly doubt that this is the case. What human made contact to receive this blessing. Who can be trusted enough to accept that a deity had actually told them to open the vaults. Personally o do not think these vaults should be considered a bank account for the government. Why would any culture hide treasure in vaults that could be used to better their society. The only way an entire society would agree to "toss out" treasure is if they truly believed that it was an offering to appease the gods to better the cultures ability to survive. Gods who also, if they existed, would probably understand that the offerings requested could be used for better purposes.
edit on 5-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The way I see it is, Lord Vishnu was most likely not a greedy God. He would not smite the world if 15 billion dollars went to the people. But if it went into greedy hands (which is will)? Best left untouched.

Fifteen billion dollars is a lot of money. Depending on how broad the news of this discovery reaches (aka promoted by MSM) we could see some serious uproar over this -- once again, provided the wealth is not distributed evenly, heh..

Great find.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I heard it was 22 billion 2 days ago when I first found this article. Did the amount go down....or downsized? I also like how the article starts out with "A team of experts" what experts do you know of that don't take pictures of their discoveries!?!?!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

top topics

join