It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defying mayor, police arrest citizen at city council meeting claiming corruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I tell people to attend a city council meeting when they have a beef with the local law. County board meetings for sheriffs dept..
These elected officials call the shots with their respective public servants. But to defy the man who can fire him on the spot, I think this law dog has something he didn't want aired in this room full of people.
www.dailypaul.com...
www.therightscoop.com/woman-arrested-for-speaking-at-city-council-meeting-in-quartszite-az/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kku4FymGibo&feature=player_embedded

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
oops
edit on 5-7-2011 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
ops video

From what I can tell, it is a soap opera.
edit on 5-7-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

Quartzsite, AZ- Tuesday, May 10, 2011, just prior to the regular meeting of the Quartzsite Town Council, Mayor Ed Foster was arrested, cited and released on 3 charges pertaining to a May 5th incident involving the arrest of Jennifer “Jade” Harris-Jones.

desertmessenger.blogspot.com...

Quartzsite, Arizona – June 12, 2011 - Members of the Quartzsite Police Officers Association, representing 80% of the Quartzsite Police Department, would like to make the following announcement. We have notified the Mayor, members of the Quartzsite Town Council and AZPOST of town policy and criminal violations by Quartzsite Police Chief Jeff Gilbert. We have expressed a vote of “No Confidence” in his leadership, and have requested his resignation.

desertmessenger.blogspot.com...
edit on 5-7-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Makes me physically ill.

Happy Independence Day...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I would def like more context on this one, holy crap, this makes me so mad i dang near got tears in my eyes. NO FREAKIN WAY she goes to jail alone if I was there. Guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Was about to post this story...

Woman arrested for speaking at city council meeting

The Mayor is challenged under a recall election beginning next month. Accusations have been made. The city council is persecuting the Mayor for giving the people a voice. The Chief of Police is also involved in the scandal. Jennifer Jones is given the floor at a city council meeting open to the public. While she is speaking the council realizes she’s about to air their dirty laundry and quickly beckons their henchman to cart her off.
The Mayor steps in and says Jones has been recognized to speak and has not violated the council’s rules, but the council ignores him and has the woman removed even as the Mayor continues to contest. The police officers ignore the Mayor of the city and remove the woman. It’s obvious who those cops work for, and it’s not the people.

Truly sick.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You are a scholar and a gentleman, thanks for embedding the vid!

Well, I can't believe I witnessed the police disobeying the Mayor and the law, only to arrest a woman on the grounds of suspending her free speech! Or as the police like to say, stop resisting arrest. I was arrested 1 time in my life. Do you wanna know what I was arrested for? Resisting arrest
that's it, the only charge!

So watching this unfold I have to laugh and ask, is this real life?
edit on 5-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
appaerntly she has been arrested here before:

Here;s the blog: www.quartzsitearizona.blogspot.com...
Here's the April 19th arrest video: youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
appaerntly she has been arrested here before:

Here;s the blog: www.quartzsitearizona.blogspot.com...
Here's the April 19th arrest video: youtu.be...

And I'm sure this won't be her last. That is, until they clean up that corruption, which she and the major are trying to do

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I served in the USMC and this is the reward of my service!
If I were now enlisted I would sue to get out. The US democracy is dead and tyranny is rampant.

Rest in Peace. Liberty. Justice. The "American Way" is dead.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've been reading up on this town and I'm glad I do not live there. The people seem to have little choice but to submit, leave or rebel. They clearly have a corrupt council and corrupt police department. They've carved out their own little thiefdom.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Does anyone know who the dirty councilors and cops names were?
They are clearly in violation of the right to free speech and need to be investigated.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by jam321

You are a scholar and a gentleman, thanks for embedding the vid!

Well, I can't believe I witnessed the police disobeying the Mayor and the law, only to arrest a woman on the grounds of suspending her free speech! Or as the police like to say, stop resisting arrest. I was arrested 1 time in my life. Do you wanna know what I was arrested for? Resisting arrest
that's it, the only charge!

So watching this unfold I have to laugh and ask, is this real life?
edit on 5-7-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

You cannot be arrested solely for resisting arrest.

You must first give them grounds to arrest you so that you may have an arrest to resist in the first place.

A lawyer told me that one.

I've actually seen a man arrested for "driving while insured". Beat that.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Does anyone know who the dirty councilors and cops names were?
They are clearly in violation of the right to free speech and need to be investigated.

Sadly investigated by whom there own brothers of the blue code? This is the problem the ones we rely on to protect us from this obv obliteration of the first ammendment are the very ones committing the heinous act. The only recourse sooner or later that will actually allow us to investigate. \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new government."

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is exactly why people should and do record the actions of the police. How can you ignore the Mayor for a council member? This would NEVER happen in NY!!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Call them up and tell them how much in the wrong they were.
1-928-927-4644
Quartzite police non emergency line.

If we just gripe about things like this to each other and never confront the wrongdoers we are doormats and will continue to be treated that way

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This town is very similar to Bell, California -- it's RIFE with corruption. I found THIS site that's belongs to the Mayor quartzsitemineshaft.com The regular news site there seems consistent with support for the arrested woman and talks about what lead up to it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
FnS saw this story this morning really sad how far things have gone in the USA

hope people wake up and take back their country by electing more like this mayor.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
This really has to make one wonder just how many other small town and/or big city councils and police forces, etc. are as corrupt as, or more than, the one shown in this video. The sad part is that the majority of people have absolutely nothing to do with these types of meetings, nor partake in any kind of civic responsibilities other than getting the "I Voted" sticker every now and then, if even that... It's no wonder the citizens are getting the dirty feet of the government wiped all over them.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The idiots in charge (for the moment) in Quartzsite AZ still haven't learned from their mistake. They arrested the first woman and now the whole country is watching...now they've done it again

consumerist.com...

top topics

join