It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone needs to watch this movie.... it is that important.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

I think you misunderstood my response. Sure, you can go with the lesser of two evils argument. I'm not arguing that oil is an infinite and clean source of energy. I was arguing that anyone with half a brain KNOWS that it is not. They KNOW we must change. The problem lies in a FEASIBLE ALTERNATIVE.

There is no argument, only that saying "we should change" without the appropriate means to do so is about as useful as a one-legged sled dog.

Oil sands really do not account for that much oil in the grand scheme of things anyway.
edit on 5-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There's currently 5 million people being added to the human population every month, thats a city's worth of people, and the amount is still growing...all of them want shelter, water, food, transport and medicines...you still think theres enough oil to go around?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Try cheaper.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
all of them want shelter, water, food, transport and medicines...you still think theres enough oil to go around?

But few will have them, anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

So what happens when they do want them?
edit on 5-7-2011 by celticpride because: missed a bit

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Booking my seat here - will check back in after watching! Thanks for bringing

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by stuncrazy
this is not an if this is a when, and the when seems to be in a couple of years.

I didn't watch it yet, but if he really did say that it completely ruins his credibility. It implies that we will "hit the wall" at some point as if the oil supply will disappear overnight, and this is not at all what will happen.

This is common knowledge among "peakoilers;"
Ruppert discusses this"bumpy plateau" in the film. had you watched first.

As per his" credibility" he called the economic crash of 2007 for 4th qtr of 2006! I'd say he's "pretty good.

st we will reach a tipping point at which supply cannot keep up with demand. The obvious result of this to anyone who has ever taken high school level economics is that the price of oil will climb. As the price goes up, demand typically goes down as people make efforts to save energy (through higher mileage cars, etc.) If the demand still outstrips the supply, the price will just keep going up. When the price gets high enough, new technology that was previously not cost effective (such as solar & wind power, natural gas & electric cars, etc.) will become more viable and as people jump into the technologies, the technologies will become more mainstream. These technologies are already in place, they need no development at all. They're ready to use. The only thing preventing their widespread use is oil is TOO CHEAP. When oil is no longer the cheapest energy source in the world, it will be replaced. It's as simple as that.

he also says it could take anywhere between 20 - 100 years before a civilized society will start. so prepare yourself and prepare those you care about because it just got real

We only need turn to Argentina, Iceland and Greece to see the folly of this statement. All have suffered complete economic collapse in recent years. However, all continued on as civilized societies.

Economic collapse is different than "no fuel"; or "hyper priced fuel" where trucking stops being economical and food doesn't get delivered to store regularly.

but the great thing about this movie is that it is not doom and gloom. he states their is a problem and provides a solution. and the solution is you. and what you must learn to do and prepare to do. be a simple person and don't panic.

He'd do well to heed his own advice. There is no reason to panic at all, because the BEST thing that could happen for the world as a whole is for the price of oil to continue to climb. It will make it more cost-effective for the world to ween itself off of fossil fuel and adopt new clean technologies.

edit on 5-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

I hope you have some work gloves/time off and are handy with a rake and a hoe. because until these as yet undeveloped technologies come "online". I don't sea anyone building electric farm implements and the price of your food just became unaffordable. Quit with the "pie in the sky" magic unicorns will save us" rationalizations.
Do we need to rethink out entire infrastucture?
yes.
Can we plant a crop in the field; harvest it and moved it to market without oil?
No.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So I finally finished watching it and I like this guy......he's got a lot of good info but I can't say I learned anything new, but a lot of good info.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by celticpride

They'll be outbidded by those richer than them. Which will drive up prices.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
As per his" credibility" he called the economic crash of 2007 for 4th qtr of 2006! I'd say he's "pretty good.

Crash was 2008.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

And then what? At what point do people take what they want by force?

Oh look...thats what is already happening...
edit on 5-7-2011 by celticpride because: added sarcasm 2nd line

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Bankrupt people/nations don't win wars.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
lol Who's bankrupt though? or near bankrupt....the Germans were bankrupt when WWI and WWII were started

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Do you ever add anything to a discussion except 5 words?

Its all ive seen on this whole thread is 5 word 1 liners... Surprised the mods arent taking points or something

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

yes...no...maybe...don't know...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

And did they win?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You just missed the point, USA, UK and Europe are skint....and we all want the oil. The Germans were beaten by bad weather and the fact that Russians torched hundreds of miles of their crops and starved into the bargain with some people turning cannibal. Soooo, is the west gonna win their fuel wars? Is it possible that the west will lose this time around? Hope you can handle a shovel...for the graves and for planting food.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I hope you can. I happen to live in a resource rich area in my country and most of our exports go to the likes of Japan and China.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Crash was 2008.

That would depend on who you were reading at the time..wouldn't it...
I'veseen2007 declared on more than on forum or blog...

The collapse of the U.S. housing bubble, which peaked in 2007, caused the values of securities tied to U.S. real estate pricing to plummet, damaging financial institutions globally.[4] Questions regarding bank solvency, declines in credit availability and damaged investor confid

en.wikipedia.org...

Even If Ruppert was off a full fiscal year it still puts his prediction closer than 90% of any predictions here on alien invasion;"disclosure"; teotwawki" ; Iran ivasions etc..it happened and it is unravelling before your very eyes.
I'm not here to quibble over perceptions...The collapse of the "housing bubble" saw ( some say created) the beginning of the storm.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

That would depend on who you were reading at the time..wouldn't it...
I'veseen2007 declared on more than on forum or blog...

The crash was on Sept. 15, 2008. Subprime crisis still technically was not a crash.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join