It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone needs to watch this movie.... it is that important.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Ok but I dont see how not "preparing" to have oil will have a hand in my ultimate demise?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Robfire

Think of it like a food surplus. A survivalist might have 5 years worth of food stored in a bunker somewhere, but he or she will go the store and eat restaurant food for as long as the situation is stable.

North America has HUGE deposits of oil that have yet to be tapped. If we include off-shore and arctic reserves then we are sitting on what is arguably the world's richest oil deposits. Fact is that the Middle-East already has the infrastructure in-place to keep oil flowing smoothly. What shocks me is how few people realize that the amount of oil we import from Middle-Eastern countries is miniscule.

When you hear people talking about our invasion of the Middle-East being based purely on oil it is laughable. Might be the most idiotic "investment" move we could make in terms of oil and money. If it were the case, Mexico, Canada and Nigeria better look out!
edit on 5-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by BO XIAN

you are correct! Why do you think the government is buying these now bankrupt farmers in the flood ravaged midwest? They will soon be big oil feilds my freind! The MAIN reason marijuana is not legal is because of all its uses. Clothing, fuel, medicine, and much more

No actually the main reason marijuana is illegal is because of its healing factors, it cures so many problems within the human body, disease etc.... that it would put the pharmaceutical industries out of business.

Think about it, you can grow it in your backyard for free, its illegal because they cant tax it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think we have found all 3 types of people aboard the titanic in this thread...

If you dont know what im talking about, you havent watch the video, which your supposed to comment on anyways

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think this guy is scamming us. I went to his website "collapsenet" to do some research but realized that I would have to join for $10.00 per month. They gladly accept Paypal though!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

Yeah if you actually read what I said and I quote "clothing, fuel, medicine, and much more" hence the word medicine!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Bump

Bump

Would be honored to debate anyone anywhere anyhow on his credibility.

Just note that no man is flawless. i.e. nitpicking will be debated with extreme prejudice.

He cares more for us than himself.

Listen...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

That may be but that does not change the facts however. He may have the most sincere intentions does not mean he is right! BUMP

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So, more of the same old fear-mongering we've come to know and love over the last decade or two.
Such a profitable business, that.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by moralcompass

i watched the entire movie and am actually watching it again as i type this. he in no way sold anything he wasn't trying to sell anything. he is just simply letting you know.

i'm sorry unless you provide hard and i mean hard evidence. then your argument is invalid. this guy provides all the proof. you either take his advice or you don't. the thing that all of you are forgetting is that oil is in everything. absolutely everything.

and your wishful thinking that we as a society can live like immature spoiled brats with no repercussions then you are severely wrong. i know you want to believe in your nice fancy car and nice house and watching that nice tv of yours but that's not the reality of the fact.

believe what you want, but there is no denying the truth, because the truth is true whether you believe it or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ok lets just end it here then because I think there are SEVERAL more important issues that mankind faces in the immediate future! We will be glowing green with arms growing out of our heads long before we see any real oil shortage and that my freind IS A FACT! you could bet your house on it if you truly owned it

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
I think we have found all 3 types of people aboard the titanic in this thread...

If you dont know what im talking about, you havent watch the video, which your supposed to comment on anyways

I know how to build lifeboats.
Even if he is wrong about the oil, this man makes a number of great points.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by Robfire

Think of it like a food surplus. A survivalist might have 5 years worth of food stored in a bunker somewhere, but he or she will go the store and eat restaurant food for as long as the situation is stable.

North America has HUGE deposits of oil that have yet to be tapped. If we include off-shore and arctic reserves then we are sitting on what is arguably the world's richest oil deposits. Fact is that the Middle-East already has the infrastructure in-place to keep oil flowing smoothly. What shocks me is how few people realize that the amount of oil we import from Middle-Eastern countries is miniscule.

When you hear people talking about our invasion of the Middle-East being based purely on oil it is laughable. Might be the most idiotic "investment" move we could make in terms of oil and money. If it were the case, Mexico, Canada and Nigeria better look out!
edit on 5-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason Totally agree with you and if the UK hadn't got sovreignty over the Falkllands and 'our' mass oil reserves you'll probably find the ' gud ole US ' having a go down there aswell !given)

edit on 5-7-2011 by Robfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2011 by Robfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Robfire

edit on 5-7-2011 by ateuprto Totally agree with you and if the UK hadn't got sovreignty over the Falkllands and 'our' mass oil reserves you'll probably find the ' gud ole US ' having a go down there aswell !

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Robfire

edit on 5-7-2011 by ateuprto Totally agree with you and if the UK hadn't got sovreignty over the Falkllands and 'our' mass oil reserves you'll probably find the ' gud ole US ' having a go down there aswell !

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
There are a lot of oil the world. But most of them are under the oceans. Besides, oil can be grown (not that I agree with burning food.)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
As if I would dare say anything other than….
A grateful thanks to the OP for putting this in front of my face.
Life is always about individual choices and I for one, am glad you chose to post this.

xa

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I've followed collapsenet, and Rupert for a while, and he's a bit off the mark.

The problem is he tries to point outcomes out of possibilities, without having a proper working model.

Deeper, the problem is that this is a novel situation in many ways, but there are similarities with some past events.

He seems to think that once supply can no longer adequately reach demand, collapse must happen.

Instead, we've seen that the situation is quite complex, and various forces are mitigating the situation to some extent as of yet.

The first wave of cheap peak oil may have kick started the "recession", and this caused many things to change.

People started consuming less resources.

If we can be proactive and flexible, we can ride this through.

One way or another, humanity will not allow the supposed energy crunch to wipe out civilization, but that could easily come from several other things this century, imo.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by stuncrazy

You make some very valid points, but if you honestly think oil is going to just dry up in a couple years then you need to do some research. There are DECADES of oil left at our current level of consumption and with only the KNOWN and TAPPED reserves.

I think it is good to spread the word, but sensationalism and misinformation works both ways.
edit on 5-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

I agree. Scarcity, whether real or imagined is what drives prices up, increasing profits. Ruppert may or may not know he is being used to spread fear but that is beside the point. We have oil reserves and alternative energy sources that remain untapped.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

my response is the same to you as it has been to everyone else. sir he may be wrong and if he is then awesome, but he may be right and if he is and you thought he was wrong your the one with egg on your face... he shows the problem and what you need to do for yourself to survive. don't be a deer in the headlights... and most definitely don't be one of the people who thinks the titanic is unsinkable

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join