It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous hacker group hits Apple, publishes data

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Anonymous hacker group hits Apple, publishes data

www.smh.com.au

The internet vigilante hacker group Anonymous claimed to have broken into an Apple server and published a small number of usernames and passwords for one of the US technology company's websites.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
LulzSec teams up with Anonymous

edit on Mon, 04 Jul 2011 22:44:18 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
it seems our friends at Anon are busy.

the article goes on to report on the links between Anon and LulzSec, and support of Wikileaks

I find it interesting that MSM reporting on this issue without addition of inuendos

not sure if this has already been posted elsewhere, could not find topic in search

cheers

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hacked Apple :/ damm.. guess I shouldnt have laughed when they took down sony, Uh oh..

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

Yet another thing apple does right.. taking care of business.. when will Microsoft learn

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Good.

crApple $ucks almost as much as windohs.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Anon will keep hacking sites
until corporate America begs
for it to stop, then internet
censorship will be implemented
as a solution.

That was the whole Psy-Op
from the beginning.

There will be more hacks,
u can bet on it.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
as a solution.

Or someone will stop being a lazy b-std & learn how to write code that isn't full of holes!

from the beginning.

yeah, right.....

There will be more hacks,
u can bet on it.

Gosh - really? wow!!

[yawn] - that's about as wild a prediction as saying there's going to be rain!!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That was the whole Psy-Op from the beginning.

Boon, you are so right, once again!

Obama is an alien hybrid and this is Anonymous' leader
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c00abd63ec1d.jpg[/atsimg]

But you are safe a hero is prepared to vanquish the EVIL EMPIRE of Anonymous
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39a63d3274b3.jpg[/atsimg]

Anon will keep hacking sites until corporate America begs for it to stop, then internet censorship will be implemented as a solution.

They can try...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab549c68bae2.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 4-7-2011 by Hijaqd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijaqd

nice pic lol

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Is Anon our frnd...or a govt. in disguise to justify the censorship of internet

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Why Apple?

I can list a dozen more relevant companies that should be "hacked".

I'm starting to wonder if Anon and these other hacking groups are just randomly hacking anyone they find with a vulnerability. Who next? Habitat for Humanity because they don't agree with their construction methods?

Senseless hacking isn't going to change the world for the better. Only for the worse.

EDIT: Maybe they are hacking Apple in retaliation of Apple's new Human CentiPad..

edit on 5-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by matito

Why Apple? Because Apple is like, the second largest corporation in the world (behind Exxon and above Microsoft). They got to this point through economic exploitation, specifically slave labour in the production of Apple devices and the people who pay for and use said devices generally have no idea of what actually went into producing such devices, nevermind how far Apple would go to rise up the transnational corporate elitist structure.

There's still too many people that just don't seem to get it- We are still in a class war, and it has never been as more divided as it is now. Instead of class wars being waged on national scales, the door was open to a global classwar in 1991, after the fall of the USSR. We face globalization, the single greatest threat to the vast majority of people (who happen to be economic slaves), and so we see movements rising without boarders. Anonymous is one such movement.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by matito
Why Apple?

I can list a dozen more relevant companies that should be "hacked".

I'm starting to wonder if Anon and these other hacking groups are just randomly hacking anyone they find with a vulnerability. Who next? Habitat for Humanity because they don't agree with their construction methods?

Senseless hacking isn't going to change the world for the better. Only for the worse.

EDIT: Maybe they are hacking Apple in retaliation of Apple's new Human CentiPad..

I can give you a good reason why Anon targeted apple.... Can you recollect when apple removed the wikileaks app from its products....
Well it looks like a little payback.... thats all

thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

I cannot really understand how anyone could have observed the activities of Lulzsec and Anon, and seen them as truely seperate organs . The anon culture is not seperated into groups and cells , but is a globe spanning non organisation, with every independant part acting towards an un united goal.

They do not have a modus operandi in the classical sense, because they have so many arms and appendages that to observe them at all , one must look only at the wider picture. They have no organisational infrastructure, they have no leadership, they have no main men, captains or corperals, but instead are a structureless feature on the intellectual landscape on this planet.

There ARE of course underground groups of hackers who do not see liberating information as a goal in of itself, but instead choose to profit from thier data mining attempts. It is THOSE groups who pose the greatest threat to the world, because thier modus operandi includes actual theft of funds, redirection of debits, the creation of shell companies and the manipulation of stock markets, and THIER forays into cyber crime are less well publicised.

The reason for this is very simple. Anon and its various wavering tentacles, is a group which is very loosely aimed (at the moment) towards absolute freedom of information. All information, everywhere. Although this ONLY poses a genuine threat to the status quo, and the global power structure which maintains that state of affairs, it is considered a higher priority than the hackers who take millions out of economies the world over, who actively mess with the markets, who actively attempt to make money from thier hacking skills, and who COULD do serious harm to ALL mankind by greed. This is because if the whole world gets screwed at once by those hackers intent on theft, the power brokers that run this planet will still be top of the pile, except the pile will be smaller.
But if Anon, and not for profit information liberators of thier nature get thier way, those power structures will themselves be the most seriously effected, because all the cancerous muck upon which they have built thier power, will be bought into the light, and the gaze of mankind will perish the matter of which it is made, and the foundations of the elitist control system will crumble , leaving the playing feild open , and the big players floundering under the wieght of thier sin, and its consequences.

For the powerful , this would seem a very much less plesant scenario, even though for most of us, it would seem a better outcome, than say the world being thrown into darkness because some greedy halfwit nerd took a billion out of the wrong account at the wrong time, causing a more horrific collapse of the banks.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Who do you think programs the security for these sites?
The same people who hack em'.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

If you remember, Apple almost went bankrupt years ago. Microsoft was a monopoly for years. Take down Apple and MS may return to unchecked power. I praise Apple for taking back a part of the OS market from MS. MS has more haters than Apple. I don't support Apple, yet without Apple, another corp (like MS) will walk in and take their place and with substantially more power and more market share. This would be a move backwards.

You will know what I'm staying if you take a look at market share statistics. When market shares are equally balanced - it's a good thing. When a corporation has a market share of say 75% then we better start worrying. I was becoming worried with Apples excessive growth, yet then Android was introduced and leveled out the smart phone market shares. Apple's growth is in standstill now with competing Android smart phones and tablets. Just like Facebook is challenging the unchecked power of Google (that is another story). What I'm saying is that competition is essential in preventing a corporation from developing narcissistic unchecked power.

Exploitation is a sad consequence of a materialistic society. What fortune 500 corp doesn't exploit these days? They all do. ALL corporations exploit. I understand economic exploitation and slave labor. Each country should police this. If governments do not police exploitation within their own country then who will? By ignoring this, they are ultimately the blame for letting the abuse continue. Aside from Apple, what electronic is made these days without some form of exploitation. I think most are. You might as well as avoid most electronics.

You mean how far would ANY corporation go to rise up the transnational corporate elitist structure? All corporations have this same elitist mentality, not just Apple. Our broken capitalistic society promotes this.

Don't get me wrong, I despise corrupt capitalistic corporate America, I just beleive there are better targets out there than Apple. Anon is already targeting some of these*. To what avail I don't know.

*Pharma, petro, war corps, genetic crops, banking, wall street, etc.

Regarding the Wikilinks app. I think that is somewhat frivolous. I mean there are all kinds of apps that are banned by Apple. That is why people jailbreak their phones. I mean why waste valuable time and resources over an app? Again I can name better targets and better causes.

See the ATS Anon Monstanto thread. Now that is a real cause worth supporting.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by matito

You brought up the very point that you seek.

Anonymous is doing this to get people talking, asking "why THESE targets?".

The oppressors of society work hard to divert our attention, to erase bad history from the books, to control what petty information is to be available to the masses, and to police anyone who gets too smart.

All we have to do to beat them is understand. Understanding takes effort. If we are to understand the modern world, we have to fight for information because we will never be handed reality for free.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men do nothing" -- Burke

edit on 6-7-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You make a good point

By having me express my views here on ATS, it may help open the eyes of others or my eyes even more.

Any way all these DDoS attacks are going to push cloud tech above and beyond what it currently is.
Hopefully that will be a good thing, yet I'm personally apprehensive about cloud privacy/security.

I'll wait and see...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Attacking sony and apple seem to be rather fruitless ventures, why not hit the federal reserve? I'm sure there is oodles of information just waiting to be snatched up that would as a result cause the citizens to set their government officials ablaze in a pyre of glory and justice.

These attacks that are ignoring the real problems at hand and really accomplish nothing scream to me that they're false flags setup only for the purpose of gaining more control over the internet.
edit on 6-7-2011 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by boondock-saint
as a solution.

Or someone will stop being a lazy b-std & learn how to write code that isn't full of holes!

from the beginning.

SKYNET

2nd

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join