It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell are we celebrating?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
Comments from a friend not a member on ATS

"please allow me to post something here i wrote a couple years ago and which some of you will remember it just seems appropriate today:

As the time for war draws near, I am experiencing feelings I never thought I could feel at a time like this.
A calm, even a peace has washed over me.
The reality of what must be done has taken hold.
I have become a machine, with a singular directive.
My mission is clear, as is my conscience.
I will kill without mercy.
I will take no prisoners.
I will not honor white flags.
I will not honor submission.
Those who would end my life will be ended.
Those who wish I lose my freedom will lose their lives instead.
There is no surrender, only death.
Whether it be mine or his, death is the only finality.
My mind is focused, my eye is sharp, my aim is true.
AND MY HEART IS COLD."

Patriot Jon CSGM NCCM:

I absolutely love what was written, I agree with you 210% This is exactly what needs to happen. It reminds me of the use of force ladder. You use one step above the use of force your opponent is using to control the situation. I believe in what you said about firing that first shot though. Unfortunately we are already being ruled by tyranny, and have been for a long while. Another thing that is unfortunate is that there are not enough people like you or I to do anything about this until a lot of the other sheeple wake up. It's people like you, I, and other like minded individuals that need to try and shake the apathy out of the people of this country, and focus on removing the people from office that oppress us. Like what was stated above, "I will not honor white flags"

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
... a bunch of rich white guys that didn't want to pay their taxes....

edit on 7/5/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

Janeane Garofalo... is that you? I wouldn't say that any of our founders were rich, a few of them were. You do realize that there were founders from different races, and they all weren't white? Of course you don't... instead of regurgitating what Bill Maher says or what you hear the teacher on "Dazed and Confused" say you should try looking it up for yourself. And yes, they didn't want to pay their taxes, but a more accurate way of putting it is that they were sick and tired of a tyrant king stealing their personal property.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

If you are going to start a star generating thread at least be accurate about it:

Ok, little education here:
on the fourth of july there was relatively little fanfare. Some of the founding fathers quietly came in, signed the paper and left and hour later. It took a month and a half to get it to the remaining signers. It wasn't created on that day, only signed by some members. It was hot, they shuffled in and shuffled out.

Did you know that 25% of the population supported the British?

Oh and guess what? There are not any female signatures because women were still property then.

As for my rights being taken 100 years ago, I wasn't born yet.

As for TSA agents, airports are the only public land that is an exception to the freedoms. Don't like it? Don't fly

While we celebrate our independance, fact is if the founding fathers were alive today they would have no clue what to do.
The middle east was unknown, it took 6 months to travel anywhere. Women didn't have rights, black people didn't have rights. There was no medical care.
There was no globalization, world wars, and hundred or more countries to deal with, and a global economy.
They don't have to deal with global monsters like Walmart, the oil companies, and OPEC.

So, I will risk a vaccination over my child dying from a simple cut due to infection, the horrible aches and pains of age, thank god for pain killers. Oh, and I like he can keep his teeth.
And if it were a girl instead of a boy, she can go to school, oh and college!

And cancer isn't removed with a saw and a piece of wood between your teeth. Want to see some torture instrumetns, look at surgical instruments at the civil war museum.

I can go to a public hospital and get care no matter my status. I don't have to pass off my inherited property to my husband. I don't have to teach myself to read. I am allowed to hold my job.

Banks and corporations suck. No doubt about that, but I would rather be here then there.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
Another thing that is unfortunate is that there are not enough people like you or I to do anything about this until a lot of the other sheeple wake up. It's people like you, I, and other like minded individuals that need to try and shake the apathy out of the people of this country, and focus on removing the people from office that oppress us.

There must be direction though. What will be built in its stead? Can it be done without violence?

Your choice of words ("shake") reminded me of my post yesterday which was met by the expected cacophony of silence.

It seems there is no middle ground. Either complain about those who are "asleep" or advocate a directionless and violent revolution. I see no solutions being presented or discussed, just "revolt!" or "Everyone is too asleep to do anything." I want nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Please, expand on your ideas for a better world, not just how this one should be taken down.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We are celebrating our independence from England, and thus the birth of our country. We are celebrating the fact that the hand of tyranny can be cut off by those who believe liberty and justice should be enjoyed by all men. We are celebrating that, even though as each day passes we are growing more and more dependent on an even more evil and subversive tyranny, we still enjoy freedom in our hearts and continue to enjoy liberties in our lives. The day may come where free men must once again battle that which wishes to rule them, it may have been yesterday, but we must always celebrate and remember our victories in this seemingly endless war.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The op brings up a valid point, yet while so many do not want to admit it that there are good point and bad points to the country at large. The people need something to believe in once again, and unfortunately the reasons why this document, this declaration is so important to all of us now. Apart from it being a message that was sent to a king who acted like a tyrant as to the reasons why our continued association was no long acceptable. And that to get the support of the other powers in Europe, they would need to justify their actions before the court of world opinion, in terms so plain that anyone reading it would say yes you are correct.
Civil wars and revolutions are messy things, as it often pits brother against brother, tearing families apart, and those who would promote such, often do not provide valid reasons for such, or consider the clean up that will have to be done after the war is over. Many times the population will get angry, however, the problem is not that the current system is corrupt, rather that the people just do not care about their country. Far too many people choose not to exercise their voice in the political arena, letting others do it for them. Far too many do not ask the questions or hold those accountable for their actions when they sit on those seats of power, and still even fewer understand the very nature of the government, rather sitting back and watching the events unfold out before them. We are swayed by opinion and a lack of doing the leg work ourselves.
For myself, this is a time to sit back and think and to resolve to take action, even by doing the one thing I can do, and that is vote. That is why I celebrate the 4th of July, to remember to vote in every election and to remember the reasons why 13 colonies with no hope, supplies or manpower was able to pull off one of the greatest of military victories. And hopefully some will come to the conclusion that just perhaps there is hope for this country yet. That all those who died to protect and giving their live in service was not in vain.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
We're celebrating your ability to present this, without getting arrested or shot or hung or stoned to death or burned at the stake or ... I ran out of steam ♥

I don't know man, there isn't a holiday left that I like. I can't even remember a time that I did like holidays... in my mind, for as long as I've lived, they've been money making schemes.

2nd line!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So Ats I ask you What the hell are we celebrating?

...errr....mah birthday, Duh!
edit on 5-7-2011 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
we are celebrating a nation of slave owning white aristocratic men who didnt want to pay their taxes to their fellow masons from over seas.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
we are celebrating a nation of slave owning white aristocratic men who didnt want to pay their taxes to their fellow masons from over seas.

AHHHH one of my favorite movies

hey guys one more thing hey, this summer when you're being inundated with all this american, bicentennial 4th of july bruhaha, don't forget what you're celebrating, thats the fact that a bunch of slave owning, aristocratic white males, didn't want to pay their taxes

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Great minds think alike. I asked my friends to reflect upon how they define freedom as opposed to how freedom has been defined for us. I agree with the poster; we are much too allowing and complacent when it comes to the so called powers that be. Freedom is not an existence of chasing green paper on a daily basis just to give it away to someone else when we find it. True Freedom is not possible in this "system". It is an unavoidable fact that we must start again from scratch and that does not mean ejecting everyone in power and replacing those people with new people. We need to change the system. Eliminate the monetary system, the federal reserve, the banking system and the IRS to start. We must change everything from education and health care to the prison system and beyond. We the people must no longer fear leading ourselves. We have the technology to do so all we need do is not be afraid of real change. I know these things will come to be however they may arrive forcibly since most Americans are NOT willing to act upon righting the many wrongs which we have allowed. I want all revolutionaries to have no fear for the new world shall be implemented and the new world order will be defeated. Keep doing what you're doing with Faith in your hearts that love will overcome tyranny and set us free. Amen! Many Blessings..Peace!
edit on 5-7-2011 by 13Godslivinglight because: correction

edit on 5-7-2011 by 13Godslivinglight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

[Jefferson] Well maybe but you have to awaken the masses and take over the local elected offices and fill them with principled people.

In the 2010 mid-term shellacking of the Left, the more profound wounds the Democrats suffered were felt at the State level.

The GOP made crushing gains in the Governor's and State legislative races.

You cannot play into Obama's hands and instigate violence and bloodshed. The ballot box is the best weapon.

...as long as the election is honest.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
July 4th celebration has no correlation with current events. It's to honor the civilians that took up arms against a tyrant and won our freedom through bloodshed and loss.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
We're celebrating your ability to present this, without getting arrested or shot or hung or stoned to death or burned at the stake or ... I ran out of steam ♥

I don't know man, there isn't a holiday left that I like. I can't even remember a time that I did like holidays... in my mind, for as long as I've lived, they've been money making schemes.

We're all products of our own education and firsthand experiences. How could you ever learn to think Independence Day is not worth it?

I'm 65 and mad as hell that it seems that our children are taught our Founding Fathers were white racists, and whose motives in declaring independence are being challenged.

.....by the effing New York Times and Washington Post.

I was fortunate to be taught by the Sisters of Mercy followed by the Jesuits.

I'm sure that if I were in a conversation with a high school senior...also an honors student...that their perceptions of the Founding Fathers is different from mine.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You're right! This is why America implements the "divide and conquer" system.

A few examples are (and just think hard, because these truly are just a few of them)

1)Repubs against Democrats (despite the fact they really are friends with an agenda against the people and are merely actors).

2) All churches divided amongst each other to instigate religious wars and disputes

3) Bush's' version of Christians... against Muslims...The Crusades all over again.

4) Blacks vs. whites ... self explanatory

5) feminists vs. MEN ...governments financial assistance and court system favoritism benefiting ONLY women, so as to oppress men into submission and to keep men from being protectorates of the country, as opposed to what most men are now,...weak-minded, weak-willed, women controlled losers, who can't even stand up against a nagging woman, hence the old adage 'a married man is never heard from again'. men today bow to women and cower to them, for fear of being 'taken through the wringer' in court via a child support lawsuit or alimony that will surely reserve them a permanent revolving front door on the prison they will soon call home. Either that or homeless and on the run for life (as there is no statute of limitations on child support, many serious crimes YES...child support NO!) This gets the men of the country out of the governments hair, because if they can't even stand against a woman....however humiliating that may be,...the men of the country certainly won't be able to stand against a tyrannical government trying to morph your peace loving country into a police state...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
....So thank every strong-willed woman everywhere, for their part in assisting the government with the destruction of our country.

6) Federal Reserve against the people ...1913 installation of the Federal Reserve to usurp our monetary system and replace it with a note-based system of paper that is balanced (no longer by a gold or silver standard), but a standard of nothing but inflation. Also, the commandeering of our very government system.

7) New version of Federal police against the people and the constitution,
Democrats AND Republicans against Patriots (or as they refer to Constitutionalists...Anarchists, no really, they do.)... Cops getting out of control on a regular basis, abusing the public en-masse, setting up gestapo stations around the nation, spying on people, search and seizures against the will of the constitution, (most of them don't even know the constitution), and the purposeful stationing and occupation of small towns and cities with armed vehicles in the attempt to make a police state a common event or sight, which is a tactic of conditioning the public to accept something simply by repetition and tolerance.

They muddy the water by creating useless groups like "Tea Party" groups, and put leaders, such as that bimbo Sarah Palin, who embarrasses herself and the "Tea Baggers", with uneducated statements in the media from time to time. This new "movement for the people" is a comical, ludicrous version of the Boston Tea Party movement of 1773. Instead of a rebellion of patriots,....now you have a group of fat, lazy people who carry around TEABAGS, stapled to their Minnie Pearl hats, looking like cartoon figures instead of threatening warriors making a statement, like "don't screw with my country and it's freedoms or there will be hell to pay." They look like they are saying "Please don't mess with our country and it's freedoms, we don't have many left...PLEASE, we beg of you!". Pathetic!

Anyway, this is how they keep us from accomplishing what they did in 1776. they divide us right down the middle in virtually every facet of our everyday lives,......and those things that we should reasonably understand...they obfuscate and try their best to make irrational and confusing. Communication devices separate all of us on a "human contact" level and if we do try to stage a rebellion against the government, it will be promptly eavesdropped upon and the FEDS will be on your doorstep to take you to your new home and their media controlled device CNN, MSNBC, FOX whoever.....will label you a terrorist and the rest of the country will demonize you because they will not hear but ONE SIDE of the argument...the side that brainwashes us on a daily basis. Divorces, which benefit only the women in court will divide the men and women and the children will grow up confused, angry and belligerant.....any males in this catagory will end up where their father went, either divorced and broke from child support and alimony, or in jail or dead while at war in the military or (if they survive that)......refer to the beginning of this sentence and start over....the government will not thank you for your service, you will burn with the rest of us men. I know, it all happened to me. As the steady increase in female individuality dictates, women are just getting richer and richer off of the backs of men and they get to have our jobs. Now we have a split 3 ways within the family structure that was the backbone of America's strength. Now tight families rarely exist and as per a 63% divorce rate (2011)....families are no longer a problem for the New World Order.

Matthew 10:36 (KJV) - "And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."

Yeah, I think it's safe to say our Fore-fathers would be very disappointed in us to the point of foaming at the mouth. They built America.......we allowed it to be stolen and destroyed...and they even warned us vehemently that the international bankers were waiting in the wings and what they would end up doing to our country. We didn't listen.....and what they predicted, did indeed, happen.

Thomas Jefferson's Warning To America : "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." Written by Jefferson in a letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802).
edit on 5-7-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

This is eerily similar to my thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You guys always talk about this. "Picking up arms and revolting" and "Saving our generations futures". But all i see is talk and no do. You try and justify the reason why you are not fighting with, ideas that if we educate and "enlighten" enough people that they will rise up on there own.

They will not. What we need is another Boston Massacre. Granted it will be a loss of life, but it will not go un-forgiven. It will be a small price to pay instead of the slavery, death and more puppet wars up ahead. Look at what happened in Tunisia. That man set him self on fire and protested, look what happened, now we have revolutions and uprisings occurring all over the middle east. And now slowly spreading into Europe and Asia.

The people are already tired, all they need is a reason, a push to continue and refresh Liberty and Freedom.

Now some of you are going to say, "what about you, talking all this smack", well im still in high school, just trying to make sense of this crazy-ass world. Dont take me wrong, im not blaming anyone, just saying its time to take action and rise.

edit on 5-7-2011 by Dinogur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Great Post

I too felt the same way The Celebration of 4th of July isnt like it was 10 years ago when it ment something

I went to my Local Fireman Field Day 4th July Celebration and Ive seen the Horror's of it !

back in the past it was for Everybody Im mean Everybody a Carnival for the Kid's with Games & Rides

Art Work, Face Painting, Venders Music Etc.. The Usual Tradition 4th July Celebration Event

To My Horror Before I enter Ive Seen POSTERS that Said Fireman's Field day That Showed Beer Cans
That Said Drink American Beer on July 4th and That was about it nothing Else on the Posters

When I got there around 8pm for the Fireworks Show with my kids as were Excited Ive seen Trash everywhere Beer cans Everywhere and Beer plastic cups and Drunks that can barely Stand Young & Old
while I was there ive seen The Drunks Fighting Screaming and just before i got there the Entrance ticketer that i knew personally well said there were Six(6) Fights that cops came and arrested before i even got there as i just came for the Fireworks

I said to my self WTF has Happened to this County People are just here to get wasted & bringing their kids with them I know this isn't Some kind of 1969 Woodstock but hell ..

This Should be for Family's to go to not some Free For All Beer Party Well I Did Enjoy the Fireworks Tho it was Awesome 4th of July isn't like it was when i was a KID to bad my kids didn't see what ive seen what 4th of July was truly about

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Sir,
I just wanted you to know that i nearly cried as i read what you wrote.What you said is exactly what i've been saying for a good many years.
A minuteman from Indiana

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

somehow I missed your post
I bet other people did as well
pity... cause I think you're brilliant
I wish I could've said it as well as you did ♥

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join