It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police given broad powers to remove facial coverings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
In regards to my balaclava comment, Im a 19 year old girl....and I wear them as an accessory to my outfit, colour coded and all you know! And I know many people that do this....Yet I would still be classed as a potential hoodlum, even tho I clearly pose no threat.

Are you guessing that you would be classed as a potential hoodlum ? Or are you speaking from personal experience of being stopped by the police for wearing one ?

Because I doubt that police would be too worried about a 19-year-old girl wearing a coloured, non-threatening balaclava as a fashion accessory !

Hail France!! Ban the burka.

France didn't ban the burqa because they were paranoid about a potential burqa-clad terrorist. They banned it because they were pandering to growing prejudice against the Muslim women who wear them, and to curry favour with the ''nationalists'' in their country.

ETA: My balaclava, reveals more than just my eyes, In fact it only covers your chin and nose...I wear them in winter sometimes just becuase they are practical, It does not conceal my sex or any bombs I may have attached to myself!!

Well, that's not a proper balaclava, is it ?!

It's practical to cover yourself up as much as possible on a bitingly cold winter's day. I do the same by wearing a scarf, pulled up above my nose, and the hood on my coat covering up my forehead. Therefore I am exposing no more than a woman wearing a niqab, yet nobody is calling for it to be illegal to wear scarves in this manner.

Why are you worried about a bomb being hidden underneath a burqa or niqab, when it can be just as easily concealed under a baggy coat or in a bag ?

All the calls for the burqa or niqab to be banned are based on prejudice against the Muslims who choose to wear them. If people genuinely wanted these garments to be banned for the reasons which they claim, then they also would be calling for several Western items of clothing to be made illegal for these same reasons.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Like i said in other threads, if they the Muslim's dont like the way we live and our laws, well............ $%#@ off back to the dark ages where you all belong.

The dark ages, eh. And how exactly does your clear emotional hatred for Muslims factor into a reasoned opinion regarding this Aussie law.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
WOW, finally.
I know that this is in regards all head coverings, but we know who this is directed towards and it is about time we did it too.
Im sick of these Muslims being treated differently from the rest of Australians.
Like i said in other threads, if they the Muslim's dont like the way we live and our laws, well............ $%#@ off back to the dark ages where you all belong.

Oh come on ... you didn't really just say that, did you?

Did you have a brain fart? You're like that bogun chick on Go Back To Where You Came From on TV the other night.

Shame on you.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join