It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow the money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I recently saw a blog that calculated the daily worth of David Icke's website & thought it might be interesting to check out a few sites we all "know and love"......

I found 2 sites that will calaculate a "website value" - both sites seem to be looking at the value based upon visits and not upon the presence and/or nature of any advertising - I have no idea how they do this.

1/ www.mywebsiteworth.com... - for which I will post the complete "review"
2/ www.websiteoutlook.com... - for which I will just post a value (it also gives some graphs of unique visitors back a year or so if you want to go look)

I looked up 4 sites - 3 "conspiracy", and 1 "debunking" -

www.rense.com
www.carnicom.com
www.aircrap.org, and
www.contrailscience.com

Rense:

rense.com has 5351 traffic rank in world by alexa. rense.com is getting 205569 pageviews per day and making USD 619.16 daily. rense.com has 579235 backlinks according to yahoo and listed in Dmoz directory. rense.com is hosted in United States at ATMLINK data center. rense.com is most populer in UNITED STATES. Estimeted worth of rense.com is USD 451986.8 according to websiteoutlook

and $180,180

Carnicom:

carnicom.com has 685146 traffic rank in world by alexa. carnicom.com is getting 1605 pageviews per day and making USD 4.82 daily. carnicom.com has backlinks according to yahoo and currently not listed in Dmoz directory. carnicom.com is hosted in at data center. carnicom.com is most populer in
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/website/public_html/info.php on line 389
. Estimeted worth of carnicom.com is USD 3518.6 according to websiteoutlook

- dunno what the error was, I kept getting it every time I reloaded

And $1467

Aircrap:

aircrap.org has 201033 traffic rank in world by alexa. aircrap.org is getting 5471 pageviews per day and making USD 16.41 daily. aircrap.org has 15054 backlinks according to yahoo and currently not listed in Dmoz directory. aircrap.org is hosted in United States at Corporate Colocation data center. aircrap.org is most populer in UNITED STATES. Estimeted worth of aircrap.org is USD 11979.3 according to websiteoutlook

and $4974

Contrail Science:

contrailscience.com has 1793992 traffic rank in world by alexa. contrailscience.com is getting 613 pageviews per day and making USD 1.84 daily. contrailscience.com has 260 backlinks according to yahoo and listed in Dmoz directory. contrailscience.com is hosted in United States at Linode data center. contrailscience.com is most populer in . Estimeted worth of contrailscience.com is USD 1343.2 according to websiteoutlook

And $56
- Uncinus you need to do better if you're ever going to make any money from this!!

For comparison:

David Icke:

davidicke.com has 7094 traffic rank in world by alexa. davidicke.com is getting 155060 pageviews per day and making USD 467.63 daily. davidicke.com has 707193 backlinks according to yahoo and listed in Dmoz directory. davidicke.com is hosted in United Kingdom at The Positive Internet Company data center. davidicke.com is most populer in UNITED STATES. Estimeted worth of davidicke.com is USD 341369.9 according to websiteoutlook

and $148,787

And the website that I found this on:

icke-exposed.co.uk has 5198083 traffic rank in world by alexa. icke-exposed.co.uk is getting 211 pageviews per day and making USD 0.63 daily. icke-exposed.co.uk has 116 backlinks according to yahoo and currently not listed in Dmoz directory. icke-exposed.co.uk is hosted in Canada at Peer 1 Network data center. icke-exposed.co.uk is most populer in . Estimeted worth of icke-exposed.co.uk is USD 459.9 according to websiteoutlook

and $19

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So this is based on the popularity of the website? That doesn't mean the website is making up lies to make money.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Indeed not - nor making up lies if it doesn't make any money....in fact I don't think I mentioned lies at all??

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Your right I did assume that.. Thats just what this thread seems about. What purpose does following the money have..?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

It is a meme that sometimes crops up in "chemtrail discussions" - from both "sides" (chemtrailers accusing "debunkers of being paid, debunkers saying chemtrail sites make money, etc) , so I thought I'd throw out some basic info on how you can actually "follow the money" in at least 1 respect.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Ahhhh ok so based on that can you say this supports one side or the other..

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

I would need to know the actual income from websites to make any supportable conclusion along those lines.

What I believe is that some people supporting conspiracy theories (in general, nost specifically including or excluding chemtrails) seem to be able to make a living from it, while I am not aware of any debunkers doing so - unless you count scientists as debunkers....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Have you looked in to any outlandish conspiracy theories like ones that are not popular.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Are there any unpopular conspiracy theories??
they all seem to have quite vocal followings!

Chemtrails caught my eye professionally late last year & I have tried to limit myself to them, although it can be difficult to resist the gravitational attraction of the factual back holes that most conspiracy theories seem to be!!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

haha I don't know I just figured that would be a good way to gather info..

Actually I think this can all be equated to one thing the power of assumptions and preconceived notions..
Basically people who don't believe the conspiracy don't need a website to back them up.
People that do believe a conspiracy will because they are looking for info.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

People that do believe a conspiracy will because they are looking for info.

..info that backs up their conspiracy.
Problem is....they don't care where that info comes from, nor if that info is correct.
To many people, if an opinion is worded authoritatively enough,. it is deemed "correct", and no fact-checking is needed.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Do you actually have a point or are you just sharing some information?

Does the value of a website dictate it's trustworthiness??
Is that your point?

I wonder what ATS is worth?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Just providing some info....this time

Why not enter ATS into the sites and see??

new topics

top topics

join