It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vlogger makes a good Point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is NOT my video. This is a vlog of a man from the US who has went and lived in Japan since 2006 (Maybe earlier). I've followed his vlog because of my general intrest in other cultures and he's been pretty helpful in that intrest when I've watch his vids.

I remember recently about this guy and then thought of the situation in Japan. Then I thought, "This guy must have said something on this". So I got on his channel and found this vid.

I find this vid important because it points out simple exageration of US media to produce fear for a goal. I just thought people here at ATS would be intrested in watching it. Even if you have your own theories, seeing this from another perspective should still be concidered.

And seriously, watch the WHOLE THING before posting...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-7-2011 by Passafist because: spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here ya go.

Keep in mind this is all from my point of view and my take on things. But I am, like all Tokyoites following the situation closely. Far more closely than anyone abroad is. Frankly we, in Japan, are getting tired of hearing outside, under-informed opinions. I'm open to other peoples opnions, but before expressing them please consider the following...

Watching now... His comments about the Daily News were amusing. "PANIC!". Also, he is right about the politicization of the matter. Here, and over there. But as much as he might dislike western news media (don't we all), I'm not sure Japanese media is so much more trustworthy, but I get his point.

edit on 7/4/2011 by Apokalypsis because: add

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Passafist

In my opinion it's highly inappropriate for you to post something from March 17th as if it has any bearing on the situation as we now know it. That was before they upgraded the severity of the disaster from a 4 to a 7 on the international scale. Each point is about a factor of 10 so they are now admitting it's about 1000 times worse than they admitted on March 17th when this video was made.

He's also all over the place and even contradicts himself wildly, on the one hand saying that the media is trying to cause a panic and on the other hand saying that the media isn't even paying much attention to it.

I can't believe you would post something like this as if it has any conceivable relevance to what we now know about the situation without explaining what you think is relevant. If you had posted it on March 18 it would be a different story but my god man, do you not realize how much knowledge of this incident has changed since March 17th? (Including admissions by both TEPCO and the Japanese government that it was more serious than they admitted back in March?)

And as far as things not being all that bad in Tokyo, I never thought they were, even though there were some fear-mongering threads posted on ATS about what would happen in Tokyo, that got lots of stars and flags but now stand as testimonials to failed disaster predictions for Tokyo. Things did get worse in Tokyo after he posted this, the last I heard the radioactive sewage sludge in Tokyo was piling up so fast they were running out of storage space for it. While that's not a reason for mass panic in Tokyo, it's also not a sign that everything is fine in Tokyo.

How about posting something recent and relevant, or if you're posting ancient history like this, explaining why you think it's relevant? You barely even touched on the contents of the video in your OP.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

join