It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The brown noise

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me

Originally posted by Ultron10
Hehe, they had an experiment using 'brown noise' on Brainiac: Science Abuse (a humourous science show they show here in the UK).

Anyway, they even got viewers in on the test. They transmitted the brown noise (so you could hear it through the TV) and asked viewers whether it worked or not.

Naturally me being a sissy I muted the volume just to be on the safe side.

I could see it making a good interrogation tactic or perhaps even a weapon.

Just for Sh*ts and Giggles, pardon the pun. Does any body have a audio file of this "Brown Noise" I'd love to see it uploaded, so people in the privacy of their own home test it out. I can blame the outcome on something else for the sake of brevity, if it works, lol.

-ADHDsux4me

I don't think that would be possible, no home stereo equipment can handle frequencies that low. And certainly no TV speakers.
Even high end recording/audio equip usually can only handle down to 20Hz.
Also human hearing is in the 20Hz to 20Khz range, so you can't HEAR anything bellow 20Hz or above 20Khz.
But with a big enough amp and speakers (Huge magnet and cone travel) designed to handle VLF you would still not hear it but you would FEEL it.
The thump you feel, but not really hear, from the kick drum/bass on dance records in a loud club is around 80Hz.

Here is a 5Hz to 40Khz sweep. It's in WMV and MP3 format so the quality is not that great. You will here silence until it hits at least 20Hz. If you're over 30 and work/live in a noisy enviroment you wont even hear 20Hz.

If you have equipment that can handle the 5hz have fun. But don't hold me responsible...LOL

www.acidplanet.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There are a number of patents describing the induction of some effects including "sudden loose stool". This is typically described at lower frequencies that those I saw listed, typically around 0.5Hz induced by airpressure variations, vibration, electrical stimulation,microwaves, magnetic fields and..

The brown light patent - yep lets use a laser to heat nerves ever so slightly on peoples lips(high nerve density).. N.B. Survival of the fitest and all.. but unless you have a degree in both medicine and advanced optics, don't try this. Lasers are dangerous M'Kay..

United States Patent 5,800,481:
www.mindcontrolforums.com...

Other similar patents:
United States Patent 5,782,874
United States Patent 5,935,054
United States Patent 6,017,302
United States Patent 6,052,336
United States Patent 6,238,333
United States Patent 6,506,148

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It worked! I used the 5-40hz sweep on my subwoofer with no treble and full bass, and within minutes, I had the strange urge to crap. I assume that if the frequency was lower, the reaction would be quicker, therefore causing the soiling of pants.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
south park did an episode about the "brown note". with 4 million third graders playing it and the whole world crapped their pants....lmao.... silly i know but still worth a mention

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calculon386
I dont really see how making the opposing army crap in their pants in gonna win any wars. Unless its just toooo embarassing for the other side...

Funny you mention that. That reminded me of a Canadian soldier's journal I was reading a couple years ago. The troops in Somalia got sickness and began crapping their pants. Maybe it was a case of special forces having fun with the brown noise devices after all.

www.commando.org...
Whatever I have, it won't leave me alone. The diarrhea has gotten severe and is quickly draining me of energy. I am losing fluids faster than I can replace them, it is keeping me up all night and I still can't eat. I'm exhausted. I am barely strong enough to walk to the latrine, having to sit and rest numerous times on the trip. Usually I have to turn around and head back again before I even get back to my trench. Often I don't make it and am living in my own filth. The medics gave me pills to slow up the craps. If it hasn't gone away by tomorrow they will evacuate me to the med-station. It is one in the afternoon, I have taken all the pills the medics gave me and it has not helped one bit. I've already crap myself three times. I'm miserable.

www.commando.org...
Talking with the guys who drove our carriers up, apparently Mogadishu is a war torn city. Every building is shot up, bombed out or fallen down. Some marines were ambushed re-entering their own lines and a Pakistani was killed in another incident.

I feel another crap coming on, so that's enough writing for tonight. This will be the tenth crap today, so far. . . Not as bad as before, but still not pleasant.

17 January 93

I still have the diarrhea this morning, so I went to see the medics. They gave me Ciprofloxain 500mg, an anti-bacterial medicine. We have nicknamed the disease webi shabeelle belly after the river that runs through town. Many of us have it and there is often a line for the latrine, you crap yourself often.

[edit on 16-1-2006 by ufia]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Looks like the MythBusters did put the brown noise theory to test and they concluded it's a myth.
www.meyersound.com.au...

I'm confused, though, I'm under the impression they did it wrong because I've read that low-frequency sounds below 8 hz can rupture your internal organs and kill you.

I've read that Russians researchers made cows explode with 6 hz, and they had to stop those experiments because the concrete bunker kept collapsing over their heads.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This noise is starting a lot of crap!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why is the post not working

[edit on 16-1-2006 by Mr101Hazardous]

mod edit to fix the link

[edit on 16-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Mythbusters had an episode about the brown note. They busted it.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh, I did not see that other brown note thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heh, what can a guy do, ATS is bigger than the internet, we can't possibly read it all.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ufia

Sounds like serve dysentry. Africa rife with it.

<< 1  2   >>

join