The brown noise

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
I dont know what this vaporising weapon was called whilst i was in the forces people would mention it regulary and i was told by a major that it actually exsists but only to special forces personell to dispense of any human evidence. if you think about it it makes sense. I have obviously left now however my brother is still there so i will give him a call and ask for some info about it.

Cool, I look forward to more info if you can get some!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I dont know what this vaporising weapon was called whilst i was in the forces people would mention it regulary and i was told by a major that it actually exsists but only to special forces personell to dispense of any human evidence. if you think about it it makes sense. I have obviously left now however my brother is still there so i will give him a call and ask for some info about it.

Are you sure they weren't just playing with there mind. If this is a true claim, could you please provide any form of proof?

Regards,

Cross

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

That Would be ACE!

PS This brown noise discussion is fn funny! Keep it up

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
If the human body is subjected to low-frequency sound waves (between 10.5 and 16 Hz), there is often an uncontrollable and instant urge to defecate.

Hey! We've got a bunch of guys here with those things in their cars. I don't know what the frequency is, but the effect is that you want to vomit.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
you think they could ever mass market that? id buy it.....

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I saw a show on non-lethal weapons on the Hilter, er..History channel that talked about ELF weapons (Extreme Low Frequency) Scientist were considering scrubbing the idea because while these weapons were mostly effective, a decent percentage of test subjects became violent and enraged instead of falling to the ground incapcitated.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
well there has to be some truth to it, didnt we get noriega by blasting guns and roses at him? personally, id love a set of speakers that are that loud.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm a sound engineer. The frequencies you'd need to generate would be between 3 and 7 Hz. At the right db level 3Hz will kill you and at a lesser db level will definately cause your innards some harm.

To make a 3Hz signal, you'd need a pretty huge speaker with a very very high grade amplifier to hande the ultra low frequency.

For a laugh, we used to generate sine waves at about 15 - 20Hz, which used to cause people to feel sick and feel very dizzy. This has been used by the military for years in various experiments, but i believe the nazis perfected such a weapon in WW2.

R

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reading somewhere that US field tests were carried out on ultra low freq in vietnam.. but the equipment back then was too unwieldy for helicopter application, and had 50-50 results. Also I thought the effects were head pains and loss of balance/coordination. Either way.. the sound power you can put in the boot of your car these days.. it wouldnt surpise me of the US had figured someting a little more portable...

as for this UK device... what do people reckon???.. heat or some kinda enzyme???? I mean... you're average dead body is pretty big n jam packed with goodness.. not easy to turn into 'fine mist'... must be something pretty knarly...

Q

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think you got the wrong end of my point mate. I sort of went off the subject mentioning a vaporising weapon when the forum is obviously about weapons that use low frequency noise. Sorry to confuse you. The weapon i mentioned is supposedly a weapon used by the british special forces which i heard a lot about during my military service but never actually seen im still trying to gather some info on it, Once again sorry to confuse you.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapture404

For a laugh, we used to generate sine waves at about 15 - 20Hz, which used to cause people to feel sick and feel very dizzy. This has been used by the military for years in various experiments, but i believe the nazis perfected such a weapon in WW2.

R

LMAO!!! This just brought back memories from Jr High! My friends and I had a metal band. Our lead guitfiddle played a Jackson through a Digitech pedal, and we all ran straight into a Peavey 12channel board and out to all our speakers (Crate Mini-stack, Fender with horn and 10", cabinet with 15" Evo, 2 15" horns, and Peavey TKO75). Everytime Marcus would solo on this one particular song, he would hit a note that he sustained for about 4 seconds, and EVERYTIME he did, we would all about fall over. The frequency wouldn't make us dizzy, but it was just right to make the fluids in your ears (that make you able to balance yourself) climb the walls of the chamber, and we would just lose our balance and sense of direction. It was actually pretty funny... especially when we had people over during practice!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think I actually found it the other day on a bus, not a laughing matter.

Catching a ride to uni, the bus that i caught was an older bus and wasn't running very smoothly. As far as I previously knew (before reading this forum) the brown noise was around 7.5Hz. So, while on the bus and noticing my growing need to find a toilet, i tried to work out what freq we were vibrating at.

The poles and seats on the bus were vibrating slow enough that i could see their movements, so i presumed it to be less than 20Hz, given film frame rates are 20-25Hz and we cant notice the flicker. Then I thought about engine speed in RPM. A large diesel engine like that in a bus should idle smoothly at around 700-800 RPM, which gives a cycle of rate of 11.5-13.5Hz. Ordinarily on a bus this shouldn't affect us, because there should't be significant vibrations passed through the bus, but because the engine was running rough it caused an affect.

It was worst while stopped at lights while idling, not while driving as the RPM were higher. It was much worse on the one occasion where we stopped at the lights and the engine slowly stalled. it took a couple of seconds for it to happen through which the RPM dropped and the vibration of the bus slowed, making me feel like something was going to slip. fortunately, this was the last set of light before uni and i could get the hell outta there

So if you wanna make a brown noise machine, try to get an engine that can idle down to speeds of ~450 RPM and make it a little rough. That should do the trick. However, it sound like you should watch out for paralysis or bone disintegration at some of these frequencies.

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Brainiac did a test on this, they put a sound in their program to see if it actually works but it had no effect on me even though they seemed to indicate it would work.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
If the theoretical brown noise were to cause soldiers on a field to soil themselves, imagine the fight that would be left in them if a sound was found that gave an instant orgasm.

whatd that be, the 'white noise?'

anyway, i cant believe this is serious, id seen the (absolutely amazing and hilarious) south park episode, but this is some serious ish. really. what happens if you've already crapped? is it just water/diarreha? could you force a person to die like this? how long til you can use it again?

theyd never mass-release this, the amount of damage that would be done is incomprehensible. GAP, Oldnavy, and the like could use this outside their stores, theyd sell thousands, millions! itd be a new marketing 'strategy!'

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hehe, they had an experiment using 'brown noise' on Brainiac: Science Abuse (a humourous science show they show here in the UK).

Anyway, they even got viewers in on the test. They transmitted the brown noise (so you could hear it through the TV) and asked viewers whether it worked or not.

Naturally me being a sissy I muted the volume just to be on the safe side.

I could see it making a good interrogation tactic or perhaps even a weapon.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ultron10
Hehe, they had an experiment using 'brown noise' on Brainiac: Science Abuse (a humourous science show they show here in the UK).

Anyway, they even got viewers in on the test. They transmitted the brown noise (so you could hear it through the TV) and asked viewers whether it worked or not.

Just for Sh*ts and Giggles, pardon the pun. Does any body have a audio file of this "Brown Noise" I'd love to see it uploaded, so people in the privacy of their own home test it out. I can blame the outcome on something else for the sake of brevity, if it works, lol.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ultron10

Just for Sh*ts and Giggles, pardon the pun. Does any body have a audio file of this "Brown Noise" I'd love to see it uploaded, so people in the privacy of their own home test it out. I can blame the outcome on something else for the sake of brevity, if it works, lol.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
id SOOO be up for that! like, woah. i was hoping i wasnt the only one who thought so, tho.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've seen the 'brown noise' generator on a TV documentary (about non-lethal weapons and crowd control) several years ago.

It doesn't use an electrical audio amplifier - it basically consists of a large metal tube that is sealed at one end. Combustible fuel is mixed with air and fed into the sealed end. The mixture is exploded using a spark plug that's spiked at the required frequency - the resulting explosion is powerful enough to send a continuous shock wave, out of the open end, for several hundred feet and is capable off rupturing internal organs at close range or causing paralysing cramps at longer ranges.

This is no joke for the people that it's directed at.

Maybe it's not talked about because the 'weapon' is unsophisticated technology and could be made by almost anyone with basic automotive mechanic skills and tools.

[edit on 30/9/2004 by Deckard_BR26354]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Including the terms white & pink noise along with brown appears to help when searching for information on brown noise. (Unless you want to get a long list of results, that bascially are referring to a program from South Park....anyway)

Various sound software allow you to generate tones such as white, pink, & even brown noise.
(I have only recenlty noticed brown being added.) I have seen it in the Mac sound application "cacophony"...along with Sonys new version of "Sound Forge" for the PC.

The name for brown noise supposedly is derived from the term "Brownian motion", when you look at the waveform of brown noise it is what is called a "random walk"...it just seems to go all over the place...

hope this helps

Gods peace

dAlen

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join