It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flowism - My Philosophy of Going with the flow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Flowism is my own little philosophy based on the common phrase "Go with the flow". I want to keep it simple so I will break down the based understandings.

- The flow is an all-happy and all-loving force.
- Everything is a extension of the eternal flow, like a river which branches into many streams.
- You are naturally going fully with your unique extension of the flow.
- When you feel bad for any reason, you slow yourself down from fully going with the flow.
- Going with the flow can be felt as a feeling of happiness or satisfaction.

The philosophy is as easy as "Go with the flow". When you go with the flow - when you find reasons to be happy - you go with the flow which is fun. When you don't go with the flow - when you try to fight against the speed of the flow - when you find reasons to be unhappy - you slow yourself down from truly going with the flow which feels bad. You can compare the flow to God if you are a pantheist which believes that God is in all. The idea is to go with the flow because it is who you truly are.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I make my own flow
lol

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i go by this saying, its much easier to just 'go with the flow' than to be getting yourself all stressed out n #

relaxe and enjoy life instead of letting it race by you

SnF

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
or like a toilet that goes in the sewer.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
you have just described Taoism, a 7000 year old chinese philosophy.

there is nothing new under heaven.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You might be interested in this book. I read it years ago and it still applies today.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Well, I figured people will group this with Taoism, but it's not exactly the same. Taoism doesn't really say that the Tao is all-loving and all-happiness. Taoism says that there is good and evil and happy and sad, which is yin and yang. Flowism just says that there is a flow with is all-loving and all-happy and thus, if you ever experience anything other than that, it means that you are not going with the flow. So, in a since this rejects the notion of good and evil (yin/yang)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This pretty much describes the core of every religion especially taoism which tao translates to "the way" which is essentially "the flow."

As long as we accept the flow with unconditional love, and let it be, we will live a fulfilling life.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
yin and yang do not represent good and bad. that is a western mis-interpretation, based on a cultural affiliation with deity.

they represent the whole being comprised of two halves, each being comprised of the other. untiy through difference. and the flow of positive (charge) to negative (charge)

Tao states there is no good or bad, there only is.

in nature you do not observe good and bad. there are no bad tigers, or good peacocks.

there are no evil trees. there is nothing but the way, the flow of chi from one form of manifestation to another.

you have described perfectly the process of coming to the way. whatever you calls it, however it manifests, just go with it!

edit on 4-7-2011 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"Flowism"! I Love it! Step into the river of loving consciousness my dear ones. Swim out to the center and let's all float downriver. There's a warm breeze at our backs and the water is perfect...beautiful!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
you have just described Taoism, a 7000 year old chinese philosophy.

there is nothing new under heaven.

I was about to inform him he was actually a Taoist and just didn't know it. Then I saw your post. Yep, you nailed it.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

arpgme i like that you have found your way. following the path of least resistance, free of chaos and drama, is the good and natural path. things that are meant to be shall be. life is so much nicer in the flow.

i also believe in positive thinking. there are rewards that come with striving to do right by others. i've learned not to be a door mat for people to trod upon -- there are users out there. just putting out the good in actions and intent seems to have its own benefits.

i'm glad you shared your positive happy outlook with everyone today

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I love Flowism

I wish there was a cure for people suffering from anti-flowism. They try to ripple my stream. I feel sorry for them with all their unnecessary anxiety and irritation.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
There are anti-flow barriers in this world - we shall flow!

edit on 5-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I believe in something i have named Crapism. For some reason we are going along with all of the crap that our governments and the corporations are throwing at us. Why? I don't know, but there must be some meaning behind it. Maybe it's for the eventual betterment of us all or maybe we have been so dumbed down we will eventually accept any old crap they put us through!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Flow on, you dicks!

lol

new topics

top topics

join