It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats with all the lunatics on this site?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

Stu, sounds like something you put in a pot and stir you can tell allot by a persons name.
YOU agents can feel what is coming for you ,cook in the pot.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123
reply to post by Death_Kron

it was only about having a smoke...that gets on my wick aswell....people always post threads that are all out racist or homophobic and i get a slapped wrist for that...grrrrrrr

Read the T&C's buddy, I'm not complaining personally. But giving you a helpful tip; watch what you say..

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I must be a lunitic because I'm open to all possibilities and I won't dismiss a thread until I've read it as you never know, the evidence you claim doesn't exist might well be in there waiting to surprise you.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyTrick
I must be a lunitic because I'm open to all possibilities and I won't dismiss a thread until I've read it as you never know, the evidence you claim doesn't exist might well be in there waiting to surprise you.

Well said...I am in agreement...I must be a lunatic too!

I think keeping a somewhat open mind and possibilities open make learning about new things possible...now granted there must be some discernment between fact and fiction...but discounting a thread based on old preconceived notions is just bad ju-ju in my opinion.

Deny Ignorance...that means just because you don't know something does not mean it is not true...and on the same note just because you know something does not mean it your knowledge of it is complete and all encompassing.

Keep your mind open...discern truth from untruth...and learn...that is the ATS experience IMO!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Nice rant. Not that I agree with everything mind you.

But this asylum can be a noisy place with all the opinions and I find it fun. Some of the folk make me think, for which I'm grateful, others make my head want to explode at times. But I'm grateful for that as well, as instead of whoopin' and hollerin' at them, I'll do some exercise until I calm down. I'm not always successful, but at least I'm getting into shape.

But remember, you're not a lunatic unless you talk to yourself.
But, you do.
SHUT UP!

edit on 4-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

ther are no aliens visiting us, despite what all these so called 'experts' are telling you

thanks for clearing that one up for us. now we can all get back to talking about....ah hang on , what's this site about again?
if you disagree with things said on ats, put forth an argument against it. if you cant make them have the same opinion as you then just move on. or call them names.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Good point, those "lunatics" have absolutely no proof to back up their crazy theories, but you have absolutely no proof that their theories are wrong do you?
Most of those folks have one pet project that they focus on, they study and investigate and make some valid points on occasion. You, on the other hand, have single handedly debunked every single one of them without offering a single shred of evidence to back up your rant.
A rant like that is so completely out of place on this web site that it makes me think you are some kind of reptillian mind control illuminati guy.

We'll be in touch.

edit on 4-7-2011 by Trublbrwing because: blank post

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Relatively speaking.
Einstein was a lunatic...

Religiously speaking
Galileo was a lunatic

Generally speaking
Newton was a lunatic.

in lunacy there is a germ of truth. just filter the words to fit your personal form of lunacy (we all have it)...I mean that in no derogatory way at all.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and be one of the people I personally encounter and strongly dislike on this website. I'm going to ignore the ENTIRE OP and I'm not going to read any of the replies, and I'm only going to answer the Thread Title "whats with all the lunatics on this site?"

The same with all the lunatics you encounter in your job.
The same with all the lunatics you encounter in stores.
The same with all the lunatics you find at the post office.
The same with all the lunatics you find driving down the street.
The same with all the lunatics that LIVE down your street.
The same with all the lunatics that are in politics.
The same with all the lunatics that are on TV and in movies...

In my experience, the percentage of lunatics almost never changes with environment, and they will always make up the majority.

So, if you find the majority of the people around you are lunatics, feel blessed. It means you are not one.
When the lunatics become a minority in my reality, thats when I'm going to worry.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

what on earth are you talking about mate....?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

if you read the post, i didnt really insult anybody...compared to what many others post its actually quite complimentary.

My point is that many of the topics seem to come from people who are seemingly quite intelligent and are quite well researched and written. Why not use that talent to research REAL issues, instead of ridiculous, fear mongering nonsense - that not only makes you look like a lunatic but is also dangerous in the sense that it encourages others to believe it.

Like i've said before, the burden of proof lies with the people making the claims - not the other way round. And so far I've seen NOTHING, not one shred of credible proof for any of these theories.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

thats kind of true yeah, but its all about context isn;t it?

The likes of Newton and Einstein were very much radical thinkers of their time. The theories and ideas they had were completely new and the general populace had no idea of science & technology.

Fast forward to 2011, even junior school kids know about gravity, the solar system, the elements, weather etc etc

the internet is truly a great invention, but sadly it can easily be used to spread lies and nonsense. the kid that makes a flashy website or youtube video proclaiming scientific knowledge of the end times or whatever does not constitute proof.

Unfortunately many are sucked into the whole thing, because at first glance with no proir knowledge or understanding - can seem quite convincing.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Sure, there is context. Most of them manically wrote down everything. Then tried to understand it through unusual experimentation. Lunacy.
So, your job
If you chose to take it.
Is to patiently, and politely steer those who you feel are misguided, or led astray by the white noise of the internet.
Is to show them alternate sources. Other opinions, including your own.
But do it without using derogatory and emotional terms!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Mornin' Stu !

All my voices seem to agree with you.

But...

Although I think that Niburu is a tale, there is very strong speculation that a brown dwarf might be lurking out there...

I think we have, are and will be visited.

There might not be an international jewish conspiracy but there is definitely a group out there that exercises control over the mass.

As for Obama being the antichrist, that would be a topic in Religions, a Board that I avoid like the pest, knowing that I would most probably lose my temper in there...pretty much the same goes for the Chemtrails Board...

Over time, I have learned to moderate my emotions in many topics. Everyone is allowed (and I would say encouraged) to voice their opinions. I think that a good debate isn't a win/lose scenario where one has to prove he's smarter than the other but a great occasion to learn, think and progress.

Oh, and there will always be trolls. No matter what, no matter where. I normally try to avoid them but once in a while I will answer politely yet sarcastically to their claim. Which is also tricky as sarcasm isn't always easy to discern on the net and can be perceived as being rude or arrogant...(my avatar is a good example)

Good rant. made me laugh at times...and think

edit on 5-7-2011 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I mean, some of these posts are seemingly written by people who are quite intelligent - in how the information is put together...why not use your journalistic skills for something real?

And that's where you are wrong. Yes, those people formatted the information for their particular thread, but that is about the extent of their involvement. All the "information" is the same stuff, recycled from a handful of sources. journalistic skill requires more than reading David Icke's site, then posting a summary here and adding in a dash of Nibiru.

I'm glad you mentioned the reptillian nonsense, as in my opinion that is the worst of the worst. All of this revolves around, mostly, David Icke and his insanity, and the "phenomena" of "lizard eyes" in certain videos using NTSC then uploaded to youtube producing artifacts. It's been so thoroughly debunked that I'm amazed to see people still posting that stuff.

Now, the people posting it aren't really the problem. the "sheeple" that blindly believe every ridiculous theory and attack the rest of us for taking a scientific approach, ARE the problem, and they are making it increasingly difficult to maintain any type of civil discussion.

And that's only the crap that gets past the mods, I can only imagine the amazing "facts" that don't even make it to the front page before they go 404.

edit on 5-7-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

there isn't an international jewish conspiracy controlling everything you hear, read watch and eat.

Whew! Thank goodness! I don't think I can stomach pickled fish or some of the other things said to be Kosher....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well sir I AM one of those reptilian army of illuminati chicken nuggets..

And I have hereby come to piss on your chips.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

ATS is a fantastic website.

loads of interesting subjects, with contributions from many intelligent people which has opened my eyes to things I had never even thought about.

however...

There is also a much larger community of people who jump onto the most ridiculous nonsense and proclaim it as 'the truth' and have the nerve to call everyone else 'sheeple' because they dont believe that a reptilian army of illuminati chicken nuggets are conspiring to enslave us all.

I mean, some of these posts are seemingly written by people who are quite intelligent - in how the information is put together...why not use your journalistic skills for something real?

I bet the folks at NASA have a right good old laugh reading the guff that some people put out...

lets get a few things straight..

there is NO planet X..nibiru..wormwood..nemisis or whatever about to throw a hissy fit in our solar system.

ther are no aliens visiting us, despite what all these so called 'experts' are telling you

comet elenin is not going to hit us

there isn't an international jewish conspiracy controlling everything you hear, read watch and eat.

obama maybe a two faced liar, but he isnt the antichrist.

oh, and chemtrails? are you serious!!!!

enough of the rant anyway......gotta get outside, im sure i can see a second sun in the sky.

love from stu.

Well, Lord love a reptile.

I think this is God speaking and I for one would like to say "thanks for the information."
For those of you who don't believe in God, show some respect. This should be all the proof you need.
Now that we've cleared all that up...Why did you make the pits in the avocado so big?

No seriously, thanks because I wondered about some of this, and now this ends all argument. I was wanting to take a nap anyway. 2 suns and no ozone really burns me up!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

lets get a few things straight..

Okay let's get this even straighter.

there is NO planet X..nibiru..wormwood..nemisis or whatever about to throw a hissy fit in our solar system.

Starting with Niburu is just a warm up for the real deal.

There are MANY aliens visiting us, despite what all these so called 'experts' (like you) are telling us.

If you were smarter, you should have put the alien stuff just above or bellow the chemtrails. You loose people quicker this way...

comet elenin is not going to hit us

Here we go. Elenin hitting us...

Come on - Jews. That's really laughable... Those people actually hate the Jews. They hate you as well, but that is another topic.

obama maybe a two faced liar, but he isnt the antichrist.

The Obama-antichrist stuff.. Yeah, it is getting better, baby...

oh, and chemtrails? are you serious!!!!

Sincerely, I also do not believe in chemtrails as well, since it gets very painful in the eyes when I try to watch the sky and try to see those spraying all-over planes.

As you said ATS is a nice forum. It was much nicer when those kinds of "getting things straight" rants were fewer...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by madjetxe

YOU agents

lol, Just so you know, someone else disagreeing with your viewpoint doesn't automatically make them an "Agent". It's a big site, there's lots of people with lots of different beliefs here, and nowhere does it say yours is the one which is correct.

Oh, and "you agents".. seriously? Come on...

edit on 5-7-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join