It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why This Lovely Woman Does NOT Support The Troops - Amazing Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
wow, Just saying if people really think that ww1 and ww2 are justified need to re-read their history books. If you look at the time lines in current events you would know that. Never needed to be in WW1 there was never a threat to the united states. WW2 the president wanted into the war even tho the united states people did not, he cut off the oil that they were paying for. Knowing that they would attack, the way the united states has gone to war has not changed. only people out look on the wars them selfs.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What I see is a ditzy chick sitting in her apartment showing some cleavage trying to sound like a philosopher. What comes off is a mix of valley girl and modern hipster without a clue.

This is true…um you are given a badge of honor for stabbing someone to death who did nothing… teeheehee

Yes, her grasp of modern military training and doctrine is obviously deep and well founded in reality.

The US military uses knives mostly to open their food and the only badge of honor I have ever seen for stabbing someone was in Call of Duty.

What a load of tripe – this chick is clueless as to who serves in the military and their reasons for it.

I suggest she go back to her part time job at Hooters and stick to her 7 year Liberal Arts plan at the city college.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

If i could give ya 5 stars I'd do it. Best post of the thread so far!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
jane fonda got a facelift??

while I agree with the wars being a farce, I still don't understand not supporting the troops. despite if the governments war decisions are sound or not, these kids signed up to serve thier country, that cannot be taken away from them. she can snip talk them all she wants, but if a REAL and ACTUAL threat put her life in danger, there would be no shortage of soldiers willing to put thier life on the line to save her stupid ass.

and with the economy alot of troops did it for shear lack of work. again, thats an extreme with thier life being put on the line, and still even they would protect her and her interest.

of all the people to hate in this situation, the troops are the last ones. if she is as forward as she puts on, let her goto a veterans hospital and tell that to all the poor folks hobbling along with no limbs.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
A soldier/sailor/airman/Marine prepares for war.

A soldier/sailor/airman/Marine PRAYS for peace.

This nutcase in the OP video hasn't got clue 1 about anything outside her own sheltered life.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

But why did they sign up? If they know the war is a farce, then signing up means you are part of the farce. And should not be supported. If the US was attacked (really attacked), I would support every soldier who signed up. I do not believe in supporting anyone who willingly helps oppress people.

And I just love the comments on this woman's looks, especially the Hooters comment. Classy.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The one thing I've always loved about ATS is it's one great big giant pot of crazy that I can occasionally drop in and stir.

You have two options here. 1.The U.S. has absolutely no military, which means it can be over run at any moment. 2. The U.S. has a military, which means the soldiers have to do as the crazy politicians tell them to do.

If you support option one you are as stupid as the bitch in the video.

If you support option two than you understand the soldiers are doing as they have been told to do by the crazy politicians, politicians you elected.

I have two kids in Kandahar right now, and I support them. I support their fellow soldiers and pray for each of them every single day.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

But why did they sign up? If they know the war is a farce, then signing up means you are part of the farce. And should not be supported. If the US was attacked (really attacked), I would support every soldier who signed up. I do not believe in supporting anyone who willingly helps oppress people.

because, wouldn't you like to know there is a large and properly trained contingent of soldiers ready go in case a real threat emerged??

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Hey James,

Well first off, your encounter with a few old friends who were on leave and their comments about "killing towel heads" is typical of lower ranked enlisted members of the military. They are new, raw, excited, and don't quite know what the real deal is yet.

I agree that the Military is a tool, a complex, compartmentalized tool that many here may claim is not being used currently in a manner that truly benefits us as a country. This is up for debate. But like any complex machine, it needs to be maintained, well oiled, and trained up to speed at all times. But not overstretched, and certainly not used in such a way as to shed a bad light on our country. Lets just say I am a big fan of proper use of what we call Escalation of Force, without having to go to the final 'S' (lethal kill shot).

The main reason I support the troops though, since you asked, is because I am a member of the armed forces so one would assume that I have their back 110%, as I do, as well as the American people's backs. Look, I'm not going to go on a big spiel about my service, my reasons for joining, or other details pertaining to those things, but if you take anything away from my response take this...

If the American people fail to support our troops, we as a country are failing.

If you have issues with what our Military has been doing, or where they are being ordered to go, then take this up with the President, the Commander in Chief. It is your job as citizens of this country to ensure that our nation is headed in the right direction, and that we elect the right men and women to help us get there. Gather. Assemble. Be heard. Make big bright signs with your opinions and display them - You have my support in doing so, but for God's sake if you don't support us, that makes it a lot harder for us to serve and support you, even though we will regardless.

Take care for now.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yes, perhaps. I do not, however, support any soldier who signs up, knowing they will be deployed to a region from which there is no threat, and in which "we" are there for ulterior motives.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
She has the right to say the things she said, as long as you understand the only reason she has that right is stronger people are willing to take up arms and defend her right to say it.

If she had said such a thing in 90% of the countries on this planet, her head would be on a pike before sunset.

She's nothing more than a very ignorant, unappreciative bitch. She has the right to be that though, cause people are willing to fight and die to give her that right.

You fail on so many levels. Freedom of speech has NOTHING to do with waging war on the world for half a century. You are way more ignorant than her. Wht should she appreciate an army that does not work for her freedom? The US military is not fighting for her rights. Incredible that you got so many stars. Just shows that even on this site where there is a lot of alternative news and information many remain ignorant of basic facts of current geopolitics.

Takes a lot of guts to stand up and make a video like that. Amazing courage.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Your rights if you are a American were decided long before ww1 and ww2.

After ww2 your rights as a American citizen have declined. After 911 everyone's rights have declined and more people are being watched, scanned and patted down than ever before.

The next stage is that people have to walk around with electroshock colours just in case they should step out of line. This idea is already being sketched out for people traveling by air.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

You have two options here. 1.The U.S. has absolutely no military, which means it can be over run at any moment. 2. The U.S. has a military, which means the soldiers have to do as the crazy politicians tell them to do.

You forgot the third option.

3) The U.S. has a military that remains in the country to defend itself on domestic grounds.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

If she had said such a thing in 90% of the countries on this planet, her head would be on a pike before sunset.

This statistic is quite amazing, where did you get it from ?

nb: since those countries don't invade any other countries, this speech anyway can just not happened in the first place anywhere else than US of A (and UK & France).

Back on topic: how many lives taken again to defend corporate rights (i mean privileges) to steal natural resources all over he world ?

edit on 4-7-2011 by theHairInTheSoup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The U.S. has a military, which means the soldiers have to do as the crazy politicians tell them to do.

you're calling names & trying to play on the emotional fiber but in fact you are just advocating for the "right" to be a mindless puppet, a "morally compromised" soldier as the "bitch" was saying.

the right to be a coward that will accept authority no matter what.

one page ahead you were saying you were fighting for our right to freedom so now i'm little confused...

anyway calm down & avoid calling names, it makes you look vulgar, beside nobody here will oblige you to not be a coward if that's what you want to be, so you can relax

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
There are two things few have picked up on:

1) The million dead civilians. I'd love to see some documentation on this because I have yet to find many counts that are even remotely close to each other. I've seen everywhere from 16,000 to 650,000. Also, in a nation of 30 million or so, I would think it would be rather noticeable if over 3% of the population was dead. I mean simply holding funerals over there would become an overnight boom business.

2) 90% of all casualties were unarmed civilians. I find this pretty hard to believe, even with the rampant increase in "strategic bombings".

As for not supporting the troops, you don't have to. I'm a former Marine and I couldn't care less if anyone supported me or not. Military members are doing a job, and many times less dangerous than being a simple cop or fireman on the street in America.

Not sure why anyone would get offended by it, and I certainly have gotten annoyed with being hit over the head millions of times over the past decade with the meaningless slogan people like to say but don't mean.

Peace
KJ

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I have two kids in Kandahar right now, and I support them. I support their fellow soldiers and pray for each of them every single day.

I (and I am sure many others) understand your sentiments about your children being over in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Please understand that by saying "We do not support the troops" is not equivalent to saying " We hope the troops die" or "We hope troops get hurt". It is actually quite the contrary.

I am sure many people on ATS can agree that if we were to say "We support the troops", then we mean we support them coming home forever and staying home on domestic grounds. A corollary to this is that they do not fight wars for the military industry and any other affiliates that may profit off of war.

'Supporting the troops' in the U.S. right now is analogous to poor or uneducated consumer choices. Would you purchase food from a food company that uses a harmful, long-term detrimental ingredient in their food? Would you purchase a car from a car company that ran off of fossil fuels?

The point being, with a concerted effort and a little education, we, the U.S. citizens, can easily alter the course this country is heading if only by acting on an educated, well informed choice.

At least that's my opinion anyways...
edit on 5-7-2011 by Unlimitedpossibilities because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogmanTakes a lot of guts to stand up and make a video like that. Amazing courage.

Actually in America it takes very little courage to sit in your apartment show some cleavage giggle a bit bat one's eyes and speak against the government and the military.

You know why?

Because here that is her right to do so and because a lot of brave young people are willing to sign away a good portion of their own rights and live in #ty conditions for minimal pay at high risk that she enjoys them.

See here she can spout this BS and not be afraid that she will be whisked from her bed in the night, never to be heard from again...why because hard men stand ready to do violence in her behalf.

For all those who think a defensive Army is the answer - who will train them and based on what experience if they have never fought a war?

The US uses foreign wars as a testing (for equipment and doctrine) and training ground for the all volunteer force we have now. The purpose is to learn lessons and hone skills so that should TSHTF and we become engaged in an all out global conflict then they as the cadre for the draftees and conscripts can pass on their experiences...

I mean face it the standing military force we currently have will not be enough to conduct global war or multiple medium regional conflicts.

Everyone on active duty capable will be promoted a couple grades and they will from a leadership cadre for the draftees who will fill cohort units as we expand to the 10 millon or so needed for a world war.

They will call on experienced reserves to fill training commands and then recently retired senior officers to staff the stateside missions and training commands while the younger ones deploy with the new recruits.

Then when the war is over they will draw down reduce officers - i.e. like Custer from general to LTC after the Civil War.

History is a neato thing when you know it. This chick here knows nothing about military policy or the men and women who practice and execute it.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Everything she mentions is truth, theres no denying it...

I believe that following orders is not a valid excuse for murdering/raping/looting/torture/kidnapping... People should know the difference between right and wrong, and should do the right thing...

Thanks for bringing this video to light!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

For all those who think a defensive Army is the answer - who will train them and based on what experience if they have never fought a war?

The US uses foreign wars as a testing (for equipment and doctrine) and training ground for the all volunteer force we have now. The purpose is to learn lessons and hone skills so that should TSHTF and we become engaged in an all out global conflict then they as the cadre for the draftees and conscripts can pass on their experiences...

First let me ask, do you advocate this?

I am actually a little speechless right now.

edit on 4-7-2011 by Unlimitedpossibilities because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join