It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Spirit came to me and delivered a message during service.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Actually 2036 is the date to keep an eye on.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
No offense but that type of message was around 40 years ago when for one summer I went to an Assemblies of God church and spoke in tongues. Almost every week somebody gave the "He is coming soon, He is hastening to us. The End is nigh." message. Didn't happen then, won't happen now. Thankfully I've recovered from my brief flirtation with Christianity.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Not to play devil's advocate, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll come soon, it could just mean he is coming, and that this predicament of worldly failure is fading away for the next stage.

Eh, either way I'd say yea, this lifetime.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover
No offense but that type of message was around 40 years ago when for one summer I went to an Assemblies of God church and spoke in tongues. Almost every week somebody gave the "He is coming soon, He is hastening to us. The End is nigh." message. Didn't happen then, won't happen now.

That was around longer than 40 years ago - many members of the early church thought the return would be in their lifetime. However, the truth is that while His return is imminent, it is not necessarily immediate. Nothing really needs to happen before these events start up, so it's the next thing in the playbook, so it could happen at any moment, and in a relative since, it was and still is soon.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

Actually 2036 is the date to keep an eye on.

Why, whats in 36?

29 is the theoretical point when computations of the standard computer equal the human brain...then the acellerated return graph shows a doubling every what, year?

So...
1 at 29
2 at 30
4 at 31
8 at 32
128 brains per computer in 36...sure, you have your own village, and a network of a billion connected computers would be like the combined focus work of 100+ billion people...but that doesn't necessarily mean some sort of rapture moment (turning bio into electric)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No one is pius, deserving or above any other. I believe we are all gods children, are sinful and as such none of us are worthy. God sends us his messages to those that need them, to those he wants to spread his messages and we are not here to judge why but just to do and die. I am sure there are those of us who mock
the message, existance and benevolence of the creator! these people lack proof because they have not accepted
the possibility of God. They live in a small world beyond good and evil, leaving only their own humanity to guide there empathetic choices and though this does not make them bad people it does leave them with a lack of accountability beyond the self.
I believe God is real because in my times of weakness he has given me what i needed, has shown me the path and all I need to do is walk it. For the athiest though satans deceptions seems like their own and so goodness may be hard to find! We should all believe in God but if you don't I have no problem as long as you are not destructive to anyone else.

PS: I am of the Gnostic Faith and don't believe in any Heirarchy! As such i believe all power structures to be inherently evil. As power corrupts and absolute power does absolutely. Thats not to say i am against all churches
just the ones that are built on the backs of the poor!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
what about those who dont believe in Christianity? Are we all Dammed? But we cant be since we dont believe in ur hell or in hell at all?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Upon its discovery in 2004, Apophis was briefly estimated to have a 2.7% chance of impacting the Earth in 2029. Additional measurements later showed there was no impact risk at that time from the 210-330 meter (690-1080 foot) diameter object, identified spectroscopically as an Sq type similar to LL chondritic meteorites. However, there will be a historically close approach to the Earth, estimated to be a 1 in 800 year event (on average, for an object of that size).

but now they're saying Earth could change the path, and cause it to impact us on it's second go around
edit on 5-7-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Be ready, it will not be much longer, our Lord's day draws near, in our lifetimes. Have courage and hold fast, soon we can go home!

It's really sad to me how many people think Jesus is just going to beam them right up to Heaven just because they've been good boys and girls. What they don't realize is that there's no easy way out- you have to learn and awaken to reality yourself (with the help of the Holy Spirit of course). There's no set date for Jesus to come down and save us. No, instead he's waiting for us to heed his teachings correctly and use his help in forgiving everyone you see because really they are you and have committed no sin because sin doesn't exist because this world isn't real. When he lived he loved all, even his murderers. When he "died" he felt no pain. He chose this as the ultimate forgiveness lesson and everyone wrongly thinks it was a lesson of sacrifice. What a guy that Jesus, too bad he was so misunderstood...

... But good thing there's a great book that explains all of this perfectly called "The disappearance of the Universe" by Gary Renard. You can read it here

Peace.
edit on 7/5/11 by jman449 because:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks for having the courage to share your experience.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Anyhow, I got it anyhow.

I live a forgiving life. I have had relatives murdered, some pretty horrible things done to me and my family overall by others.
Through time and understanding, I have forgiven them...not because some deity made me, but because hate tends to take far too much energy to maintain...forgivness is easier, allows me to go on with my life happily, and not feed the wolf of hate anymore, making it nothing.

Should a day come when I am shown wrong...that Christ comes, angels, St. Pete at the gate, etc...its quite simple. I will simply realize I got it wrong and ask to be forgiven right then and there.

And voila...done. Heaven ticket assured.

So...whats the problem...enjoy life, do what you please, but be a good person overall however your personal values describe it, forgive others whom harmed you, and should you find yourself at the gate wondering how the hell the universe could work like this..well, just ask for forgivness..after all, you showed forgivness to those whom did wrong to you.

Difference between say, me and a fundy is simple. They forgive to get their ticket into heave as their motivation.
I forgive...and who knows, it may even get me a ticket into heaven if such a place exists...but its not my motivation.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Upon its discovery in 2004, Apophis was briefly estimated to have a 2.7% chance of impacting the Earth in 2029. Additional measurements later showed there was no impact risk at that time from the 210-330 meter (690-1080 foot) diameter object, identified spectroscopically as an Sq type similar to LL chondritic meteorites. However, there will be a historically close approach to the Earth, estimated to be a 1 in 800 year event (on average, for an object of that size).

but now they're saying Earth could change the path, and cause it to impact us on it's second go around
edit on 5-7-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

Well, ya, there is a chance. hmm...what damage could a say, 500 foot meteor impact have on earth...tsunami if in the ocean I would think (500 because some will burn off)

Objects with diameters over 50 m (164 ft) strike the Earth approximately once every thousand years, producing explosions comparable to the one known to have detonated above Tunguska in 1908

So, erm...3 times more powerful than that I guess
Event

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I would imagine in 24 years, they'd have a sophisticated laser of some sort to blast it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You are truly blessed to have had such an experience.

I haven't even read a single reply, and I don't have to as I know there are going to be countless people either claiming you to be faking it, embellishing it, or claiming you to just be a crazy religious nut.

Don't listen to them, they haven't experienced anything like what you have, and will continue to attack people like yourself as they are insecure in the fact that you have experienced something wonderful that spoke to your soul, whereas they haven't.

I'm glad you have had such an experience- having a glimpse of heaven is something that can have the most positive profound effects on a person, so I encourage you to reflect and meditate on your experience, and grow as a person because of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hi SaturnFX,

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Through time and understanding, I have forgiven them...not because some deity made me, but because hate tends to take far too much energy to maintain...

God does not make us forgive, in fact, quite the opposite is true as many people choose not to forgive others and succeed. God allows us to forgive through the Holy Spirit. Without Him, we might be able to forgive here and there, but we would ultimately fail to forgive everyone. The fact that you see practical benefits to exercising forgiveness demonstrates some of the truth found in His word.

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Should a day come when I am shown wrong...that Christ comes, angels, St. Pete at the gate, etc...its quite simple. I will simply realize I got it wrong and ask to be forgiven right then and there.

And voila...done. Heaven ticket assured.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure this plan will work. There is a point where it is too late. The Bible speaks of this many times. That said, God is patient, and one of the reasons it has taken some time for Jesus to return is so that many will turn to Him before it is too late.

I've seen you post about the Singularity in this thread, and I should say that I was a singularitarian‏ for a while before turning to Christ (about a year ago). Kurzweil is a clever man, but there is more to the mind and soul than computation. When your eyes are opened to the Lord, you see these arrogant thoughts of men for what they are - foolishness.

"Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their craftiness,' and again, 'The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.' So let no one boast in men. For all things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, and you are Christ’s, and Christ is God’s."

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawny2222
The comments in this thread are exactly why I prefer to keep my personal beliefs to myself. Unless someone asks me of my beliefs, I keep quiet on the subject. I get just as frustrated when non-believers mock me for believing as they do when they are mocked and threated with going to hell for not believing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I think that if you believe Jesus Christ is your savior, but don't believe that it is neccesary to be a Christian to be reunited with God, then odds are that you will not be mocked for going public with your beliefs. I think this huge contradiction is what creates all the hate and division in respect to religion. I abandoned organized religion because of this. I believe in a higher power, not the Religous God per se, but some eleveated plane of existence. I think the key is putting community on a par to oneself. Cast selfishness aside, when not dictated by need. Manage that and one will ned up where they need to be (I'm not quite there yet).

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I heard a girl singing one time and you get such a good feeling makes tears come to your eyes. That's joy not the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is a person the Son of man Jesus says is sent.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Romans 6:16
Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves,a you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Ephesians 5:13
But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Jude 1:17
But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Romans 16:25
Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

edit on 5-7-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You must have had a religious experience. I had one once. However, I am not religious.

I think of myself as spiritual and if I have any thoughts about any kind of god it is usually the Universe. I feel the Universe is God. Maybe we both look up to the same thing with a different name?

Anyways, my religious experience felt like a godly presence and I too felt like I wanted to burst into a thousand pieces.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JasonTarango

Nope. How can a "ghost" be a person? There is no trinity. What is God? Person or spirit?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join