It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Spirit came to me and delivered a message during service.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yesterday started as any normal day at church, we walk around and greet eachother and the visitors after being separated for a week, followed by worship. On many a given sunday i can feel the Holy Spirit move through our church, but yesterday it was so very very strong. The songs came and with each passing minute i began to feel more and more the wonder/glory/awe/joy erupt and wash over me and i tried to hold onto it once our pastors' sermon began, the whole while i was trembling with exertion trying to contain the Holy Spirit's message until i could hold on no more and i began to testify before the church. The message was "the Lord has NOT forgotten us, he is coming right now, we WILL be rescued, make way, make way for the King is coming!" The message was so urgent and desperate i felt as though it was a warning for us to hold fast and be ready, and i immediately hit my knees and knelt in front of the altar, i felt as though i was indeed in the presence of our King, and all i wanted to do was kneel down and never get up.

Afterwards when service was ending i talked to my pastor and described to him what i was feeling, of the joy and awe, of feeling like i was in the presence of Jesus himself in all his Glory, that while trying to hold onto the message i could feel my spirit battling my body during worhip and the summon, my spirit was literally catching a glimpse of heaven and it was the most wonderful feeling in the universe. I felt like a star had burst into life inside me and i began to get hotter and hotter on the outside, the Holy Fire felt like i was being consumed and if i held onto his message any longer i thought i would burst into flames. At the end i was left feeling drained, like i had just took on a wrestling match with someone 10 times my size and 10 times my weight, and my pastor told me when the Holy Spirit comes to go ahead and surrender, even if it is during service, for the message it gives is more important than his because its coming from the Lord himself.

Be ready, it will not be much longer, our Lord's day draws near, in our lifetimes. Have courage and hold fast, soon we can go home!

Oh here we go again it seems to be a daily occurence another prophet here to warn us the end is nigh!!
Like i have stated before every generation in the last 2000 years have thought they were living in the end times why is our generation any different to theirs???

I'm thinking i might start a thread that the end is nigh and i found out while giving myself a good time it was a revelation!! oh wait no it was something else if you get my drift

edit on 6-7-2011 by KeeperOfGenisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Good word brother! Sounds like you may have been baptized with Fire as well! Luke 3:16

I do disagree with most Christians on flying out of here before anything bad happens! When the Bible says at the last trump, I believe it means the Seventh Trumpet. Meaning we will be here for the seals and six trumpets, out before the bowls of wrath! When reading the rapture verses compared to the seventh trumpet, there are a lot of similarities. The early Christians were killed and persecuted, why do we think we will escape that?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
reply to post by Fatgoblin

What has already happened? Jesus came and died on the cross and rose again from the dead. He then sent his Holy Spirit. That already happened.

Oh yeah how could I forget. Doiiiiiii

As for Harold Camping, he's a nutter. The Bible is very clear that no one knows the day or the hour. Mainstream Christians did not go out saying Camping was right. Indeed, many went out saying he was wrong, and they had very specific evidence to back it up too. Camping was already wrong about it once before.

Why is he a nutter and you're not? No one knows the day or hour so how do you know we're at the end?

He's precisely the sort of guy the Bible warns us about.

You and the OP fall into the same category in case you missed that bus.

He is one of those people that say Christians should flee their churches. On the contrary the Bible says not to forsake the meeting together of Christians and that we know that people who decide to up and leave were never part of us in the first place.

Yeah sure, for an omnipotent god who is apparently everywhere people need a structure to worship him while doling out the numbers on their credit card.

You'd be deluding yourself if you thought Camping was a good reason to write off Christians.

Err Camping was just the latest in the zillions of reasons I have to write of christians and every other religious fanatic.

He thinks he's getting some super special personal revelation of the truth only available to him

Sounds just like the OP

I don't do personal secret versions and interpretations of God's gift of grace to the whole world.

Congratulations. His 'gift of grace' right now still leaves more than half the world hungry and dying.

Nice job

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL

A world in probation cannot be any other way.

It's meant to be foolishness to the world but it is wisdom to those who accept it. Why? Because the world wants it to be about fame, money, greed, power, good looks, soppy romantic love and all those other things people want to sell you, or about some secret knowledge only the "enlightened" who join secret societies know or about a long list of good deeds you have racked up to earn your place or how religious and pious you act. God wants it to be about his free gift to the whole world, not something you get on account of something you are or have or have done!

And if we don't accept his 'free gift' but just prefer to lead simple and peaceful lives we still go to hell right? That's why this whole thing is a farce.

As for repentance in the "very" last days, as you insist it be put (I used the phrase "very end", meaning after the last days, when Jesus actually returns). I said it would be a foolish strategy to leave it until the very end to repent. I did not say you could not repent in the "last days". The reason it would be foolish to leave it until then is because you may just find yourself hardened in your rebellion as described in the verses I quoted. You might be fooled by the false signs and wonders that are supposed to happen towards the end. You might fall for the strong delusion. The only way you can hope to guard against that is through faith itself. That kind of rules out not repenting.

The point is that it is those who are hardened in their rebellion who will not repent.

Repent for what exactly? We don't even know what this goon in the sky considers good or bad so what exactly are we repenting for? And why should we repent for anything in the first place since he's the guy who introduced sin? Seriously what a douche. If anything he should be the one repenting for creating such a f***** up species.

Maybe you are exemplifying what I was warning that guy about? If you keep rejecting God whilst you can repent, you may get to the point where you actually hate God. So even if you stood right before him you wouldn't *want* to serve him.

Serve him? I'd take a screwdriver to his eye if I could. It's just like the Matrix. Red pill, blue pill, you're still a slave pandering to THE ONE.

This is what I mean by being hardened. You are hardened in your resolve against God. What good is it to leave it until then to repent? You won't do it anyway! Of course the end didn't come yet, as you pointed out. So it looks like you still have time to change your mind if you ever decide you want to. The alternative seems pretty obvious.

No thanks. If the end comes (whatever that is) I'll go out on my own terms and if by some insane cosmic joke god does exist and he sends me to hell for not adhering to the rules of his bizarre game of 'hide and seek' then so be it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiantKiller
When the Bible says at the last trump

It means 'You're Fired!!!!!!!'

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That's amazing that someone feels that way during a church service.

I feel like it's an hour of suffering going to church service. The building is almost always hotter than I like it. I'm almost always sweating in there or feel like I'm burning up due to the temperature being a lot hotter than what I'm used to inside an air conditioned or heated building. They keep the heat too hot during the winter so it's year round punishment. The old folks in there could bundle up and just lower the thermostat instead of making others suffer year round. Many are wearing shorts now. The issues only start with it being too hot. In my opinion, a lot of sick people go to church service. I mean they are literally sick with colds or who knows what. Then they want to shake your hands. That's a good way to get you sick. I don't know if these people are stupid or evil and don't even know it. I think they just don't care or don't know. Then every once in a while, the priest who likes to joke around during the service or act like he doesn't know what he is doing will get serious at the end of the church service criticizing anyone who walks out early on him. That just makes him look a bit ridiculous in my opinion. Everyone who routinely left early already left. I read the first page and didn't read anywhere what the message was. The only thing I often sense sweeping through churches are illness and disease. Then they routinely shake hands and spread the disease into the local community. I think the message got lost somewhere.

I have seen priests keep the interior of the church very cool to allow everyone to dress decently instead of many people required to suffer or wear a lot less clothing such as shorts to church. Of course I really do not mind if the better looking females wear shorts or high cut skirts. I have heard decent sermons where the priest talked about something I haven't heard before. That is not what I'm currently experiencing though. I get a guilty feeling if I don't go and suffer in church so I continue like that every week hoping for a new better priest who likes it cooler. I keep hoping things will get better.

I'm editing this because I just remembered that many on this site do not go to church. A number of times priests will say wearing shorts in church is a no no, something they scorn upon. Many of the folks in church will sometimes not be as friendly to those wearing shorts in church. Some of course like me won't care and just want the suffering to end. Some of the older folks seem to have some kind of iron deficiency or metabolism problem and will be bundled up when it is 77 degrees inside the building. There's nothing worse than feeling required to go somewhere to suffer every week and then having the priest lecture you about something. Fortunately I have not heard our current priest say anything about wearing shorts. He probably waits until after I'm gone at the very end of the service. Of course when it routinely feels like 99 to over 100 degrees outside, some people will be wearing shorts anyway. They keep it just as hot in the winter time as well.
edit on 6/7/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Matthew 16:4

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed."

I am not a christian but I do understand when a bible verse applies to a particular subject.

and then some will wonder what to do about these people seeking signs...

Revelation 22:11

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

Not so difficult to understand now is it?
Not even attempting to suggest that it is not used as mind control, subverted, perverted and otherwise controlled by the Catholic church and now by all so called xtian churchs.

Christ is within us all. That is the Myth of the Christos and it was around long before Jesus and if I have my way people will know about it long after they have forgotten the name Jesus.

My ancient european ancestors understood and for the most part embraced the myth of the christos and the belief served them well in hard times so no surprise that the Romans took this concept, subverted it, turned it around backwards and now lead people to believe that they do not have the POWER, the SPIRIT of the CHRISTOS... of the CHRIST within them...

Perfect!

Now ignore what I said and continue to go to church as a social event, pray to be seen praying etc etc... and by all means keep wearing and sporting those crosses as we all know that a cross is the first thing Hey Zeus will want to see when he returns.....

Bill Hicks.... love ya man!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I always enjoy reading threads about christianity and religions in general but one thing has always bothered me about it, christianity that is.
If I ever decide to start believing in the Bible and accepting that it's god's true word ergo becoming a dyed-in-the-wool christian, will I have to become smug, pompous, self-righteous and condescending or can I just stay as I am?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Thank you for the message, I too have been feeling as though the end is near. I am a Christian but as of now I am not worthy of the title. I sin just as any other but upon hearing this message I am inspired to restore my faith and strengthen myself in the Lord. Your experience must have been incredible........To the naysayers I say this, It would be wise for you to live your life believing in God and then Die and find out that there is nothing,and he doesnt exist.
Than for you to Live your life in disbelief and then Die, and tremble before the Lord. better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it your choice....and OP wasnt trying to convert anyone so dont make this argument about that If you dont like the topic dont read...dont post.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grievere
Thank you for the message, I too have been feeling as though the end is near.

You are human number 873151356316 to have said the same thing over the last few thousand years.

I am a Christian but as of now I am not worthy of the title.

Count yourself lucky

I sin just as any other

But you love telling us 'naysayers' how we should live our lives.

but upon hearing this message I am inspired to restore my faith and strengthen myself in the Lord.

Didn't you hear? It's too late because apparently the end is near and you're doing a last minute hash job. You're going to get cooked like the rest of us

To the naysayers I say this, It would be wise for you to live your life believing in God and then Die and find out that there is nothing,and he doesnt exist.
Than for you to Live your life in disbelief and then Die, and tremble before the Lord.

So basically we should believe in him out of fear rather than anything else. But hey why take chances right?

better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it your choice

Better to just live life to the fullest instead of worrying about crap like this.

If you dont like the topic dont read...dont post.

Last time I checked this was a forum that was open for everyone to post on any topic/thread they choose to, regardless of the subject. If you don't like it there are plenty of other forums on the net filled with braindead religious nuts who would gladly give you a virtual handjob.

edit on 6-7-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pardon?
I always enjoy reading threads about christianity and religions in general but one thing has always bothered me about it, christianity that is.
If I ever decide to start believing in the Bible and accepting that it's god's true word ergo becoming a dyed-in-the-wool christian, will I have to become smug, pompous, self-righteous and condescending or can I just stay as I am?

That is one of the best replies i have seen on this thread

One thing that the believers still wont answer for me is why is our generation different to every other generation that has said the END IS NIGH!
They've been saying it for 2000 years i suppose in their eyes after 2000 years of false prophets (which alot of these threads are started by) one of them might actually be correct!! But after 2000 years of being wrong i suspect they may be waiting another 2000 years to be correct!!

One another thing why is no mention of the USA in the bible?? Surely if they were predicting future events they could of at least mentioned them since they seem to be central to everything going on in the world today! Oh thats right they used Babylon instead of USA!! ahhhh i see but what about ancient babylon how can we be sure they wernt talkin about them mmm tough question oh stuff it if the shoe fits!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
Matthew 16:4

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed."

I am not a christian but I do understand when a bible verse applies to a particular subject.

and then some will wonder what to do about these people seeking signs...

Revelation 22:11

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

Not so difficult to understand now is it?
Not even attempting to suggest that it is not used as mind control, subverted, perverted and otherwise controlled by the Catholic church and now by all so called xtian churchs.

Christ is within us all. That is the Myth of the Christos and it was around long before Jesus and if I have my way people will know about it long after they have forgotten the name Jesus.

My ancient european ancestors understood and for the most part embraced the myth of the christos and the belief served them well in hard times so no surprise that the Romans took this concept, subverted it, turned it around backwards and now lead people to believe that they do not have the POWER, the SPIRIT of the CHRISTOS... of the CHRIST within them...

Perfect!

Now ignore what I said and continue to go to church as a social event, pray to be seen praying etc etc... and by all means keep wearing and sporting those crosses as we all know that a cross is the first thing Hey Zeus will want to see when he returns.....

Bill Hicks.... love ya man!

Oh brilliantly said my friend

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I do not claim that the end will come in my lifetime, let alone claim that I have an idea of a date that it will happen.

You should go back and read what I wrote because I think you got the wrong idea. I think Christians in every generation have felt that the end is near. We are told in Scripture to be prepared *even if it doesn't come in our lifetime*. There should be two very obvious reasons for this.

1) It might just happen in our lifetimes.

2) We are all going to die eventually otherwise and have to give an account for what we have done.

I may be wrong about this, but I took what the OP said to mean that he felt that the end was near (as many Christians before him have) and that it felt so near that he thought it could be in our lifetimes and that we are being called to prepare -- but that it might not be in our lifetimes either, but we should still prepare because it is closer now than ever. It draws near, in our lifetimes.

Maybe I'm wrong about that. I'd pay a lot less attention to the OP if they insisted that no they definitely believed God had shown them that the end would definitely come in their lifetime. I'd have some serious reservations about that. There are warnings in Scripture that the end cannot come until certain things have happened. But I didn't get the impression that they were insisting on that. I got that they were just describing their personal impression of how near it felt.

OP please correct me if I'm wrong!

Of course I couldn't arrogantly claim that God has not shown the OP something about the end. If the OP started giving dates on which they thought the end was coming, then I'd claim that they were definitely mistaken. But again, I didn't get the impression that they were doing that.

In fact, if you review the first followup post the OP made, I think they make it abundantly clear they are not trying to give a date. Just that to them it felt so very, very near. I think they fully understand that no one knows when it will happen.
edit on 6-7-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thank you Lonewolf for sharing your profound experience. It is a beautiful testimony, and I wanted to post to you not to be discouraged or disheartened by those who criticise here, just continue to spread the Word and your own experiences.

Blessings, Glinda.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

The :Light Code meaning. The bloodlines, and their dark coding are in everything. All things are coded to Saturn/Satan/Santa.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
English Language, hidden codes in the matrix!,

Religionis,Corporations. Their Logos, the gnostic Logos......I bet the think they're selling you out to them when you buy their products! The masonic black and white checkerboard floor was even in Soloman's temple. Light Code means Family. It means even when the worlds religions are hijacked by the wolves, and compiled by the wolves, the Light still shines in them.

Interpretation is about you frequency. The eye you see with.

Matthew 13; 10-15 The Parable of the Sower
The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

He replied, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;

though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;

you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

For this people’s heart has become calloused;

they hardly hear with their ears,

and they have closed their eyes.

Otherwise they might see with their eyes,

hear with their ears,

understand with their hearts

and turn, and I would heal them.

First it was about distortions and our need to weed our gardens. The simplest, the heart of a child, unconditional love and service to others is best. The world has heavy programming and that includes in religions.

He is saying that there is no where on earth (that includes in spiritual instructions) where the truth is being taught, everything we have is distorted. But we can pray for our sight/hearing/awareness to be healed.

Earth hangs in the balance between light and darkness, where Free Will is possible. With those white squares, positivity and the dark squares, negativity coded into the cosmos, nature, and our dna even. We're supposed to overcome the negative.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by brommas

Again all we are, are the Lords tools, it is not up to us to question why He does as He wills, we are his soldiers in the field, we dont question orders we just do as we are commanded. If God wanted you to know everything he would tell you, it is not our place to question Him.

I am not saying i am a prophet, i was just given a message by the Holy Spirit. I don't know why i was chosen when there are clearly better christians than me, but God sees what we cannot and understands what we could never understand.

Thank God for your life and pray for his will to be done.
It is important to always pray for Gods will to be done because he has greater wisdom
and he only wants the best for us.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Good day sir, thank you for sharing your story. Just a few questions regarding your feelings.

On many a given sunday i can feel the Holy Spirit move through our church, but yesterday it was so very very strong.

What exactly was so very very strong here? What does ‘the Holy Spirit’ moving through the church feel like?

Afterwards when service was ending i talked to my pastor and described to him what i was feeling, of the joy and awe, of feeling like i was in the presence of Jesus himself in all his Glory, that while trying to hold onto the message i could feel my spirit battling my body during worhip and the summon, my spirit was literally catching a glimpse of heaven and it was the most wonderful feeling in the universe. I felt like a star had burst into life inside me and i began to get hotter and hotter on the outside, the Holy Fire felt like i was being consumed and if i held onto his message any longer i thought i would burst into flames.

What does being in the ‘presence of Jesus himself in all his Glory’ feel like? You must have been in his presence before to know that you were actually in his presence.

You mentioned you could feel your spirit battling your body. That must be the first time anyone in the history of mankind has felt that. Could you describe it? Your spirit also literally caught a glimpse of heaven. This bothers me, as thousands of years of philosophical thinking has failed to acknowledge if we even have a spirit. Yet yours has caught a glimpse of heaven. Could you describe it in more earthly terms?

You mentioned you felt like a star came to life inside of you and that Holy Fire was consuming you. These are two feelings I and billions of others have never experienced. Could you describe them in more earthly terms?

I am interested in the feelings you've had throughout your experience. If you could describe them with less imagery maybe we could understand what you went through better. We may also come to our own conclusions about whether you really did witness a miracle or whether you had a strong case of indigestion.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

I have pondered this question for many years and have not come to any solid conclusions.

However, there are at least 2 decent possibilities. One being that God severely judges America; say like a Yellowstone type super volcanic explosion; coupled with economic ruin, and very large tremors, dealing a fatal blow to our super power status, and diminishing our world influence to nill.

Number two: Maybe we are this final beast; even though I feel it is more having to do with the culture of the entire Western way, that originated with the Masonic world agenda( a lot of our founding fathers were masons, and while they cloth themselves in a god fearing christian guise, they actually follow a religion that worships a deity called Lucifer. This possibility is a little unnerving to me.

There are way too many people in this country claiming to be following Jesus, and that has to be dealt with by a Holy God.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

reply to post by brommas

Again all we are, are the Lords tools, it is not up to us to question why He does as He wills, we are his soldiers in the field, we dont question orders we just do as we are commanded. If God wanted you to know everything he would tell you, it is not our place to question Him.

Excuse me? A tool of the Lord, you say? This may be true for you, friend, but not for me. I am not a tool of any fake God or even a Real God. I stand on my own, as you should, instead of placing all that faith in a thing that you do not know.
Why you all give your heart, soul, money, free will, and worship, (means "Work) I will never know. You take a man and raise him to the status of a deity. Then you thank that made up deity for everything you get, or have, never once thinking about who really provided all that food, water, building supplies, animal flesh, your Great Divine Mother. I am certain that if the man ever does come back here, he will have some words for those who created a religion instead of listening to what he said, and raising him up to the status of a Lord, which means, "one who Lords over."
Religion is brainwashing for lessor intelligence.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Sorry, but that sounds like completely made up nonsense to me, and completely off topic.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join