It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Ridicules July 4th: America is Not Independent

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
I believe we are free. All of us. We can do whatever we want to ..

Until your alarm clock goes off in the morning...

Very few places on the Earth have true freedom for their people. The reason this is so is because humans have not evolved spiritually enough to handle the responsibilities of true freedom. That is why we are a domesticated species, not a free one.

If you want true freedom, go to Somalia. Plenty of freedom there.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
And I suppose Iran is the land of the free and brave?

www.youtube.com...

Enough said.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Bingo! TPTB and pals are non other than "oligarchs and corporatists"!!! Iran's got it right! Give each of them a gold star on their foreheads!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Both the United States and Iran are not independent.

The Neocons in the U.S. have a giant hard-on to attack Iran (great way for the Military-Industrial Complex to make more money) while Iran is enjoying watching the U.S. slowly fall apart as a world superpower.

Like little kids. Immature and full of #. Both of them.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
as i rode down the interstate today to see the fireworks which are supposed to have a sense of recration of the war that got us freedom and the wars that have taken it away, i was kinda pissed i didn't see american flags at Half Mass(t)...? WHY were these falgs not lowered...?

how many people died for this? #SNIP# i almost died for this, then again some folks dont know the difference between freedom and independance, i mean how dependent are we on china? almost every single person in the US own something made in china, clothes, furniture, electronics, etc... etc... not alot being made independenly
here in the US, we depend on the Federal reserve for our moeny and economic standing, and they are even a branch of the federal government...? how are we independent? we depend on foreign oil... we are not independant?

Originally posted by Laxpla
And I suppose Iran is the land of the free and brave?

www.youtube.com...

Enough said.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

heheheh: America, Land of the fee home of the slave...

yea we need to take this back... its time.
edit on 5-7-2011 by nvprose1 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jul 5 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
We are under bankers, wall street terrorist, & corporation occupation. The only answer is REVOLUTION. Take on tyranny today so your children won't have to face tyranny tomorrow.
edit on 4-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)
Homeland security has banned all revolutions and cancelled free will...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I will stick with the devil I know rather than the devil I don't know. At least in the US, people generally think they are free...perception is reality and ignorance is BLISS.

In Iran, It must be terrible to live in a society where you know you are not free and be reminded of it everyday.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

If you really belive that, you are very, very far from reality! Delusional or plain dumb! America is an absolute corporatocracy, but governed by the British (German/Russian) royal family it is definitely NOT!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Until your alarm clock goes off in the morning...

Very few places on the Earth have true freedom for their people. The reason this is so is because humans have not evolved spiritually enough to handle the responsibilities of true freedom. That is why we are a domesticated species, not a free one.

If you want true freedom, go to Somalia. Plenty of freedom there.

If by "free" you mean "never have to work," no.. we don't live in a Utopian society as yet. But c'mon.. people used to have to work 16, then 12.. then 10 hour days. Our simple 8 hour days are nothing. The world is not near advanced enough for food to magically grow, or all labors to simply cease. Sure we have to work.. but the world advances, and what we have to do now, is nothing compared to what our ancestors had to do.

I still recall a book by Marx.. he talked about improving labor, by reducing the work hours of children and woman.. from 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.. to 12 hours a day.. 6 days a week. People have no concept how much better it is now.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Really sorry but I have to pick you up on your casualty figures, Total American deaths in WWI are reckoned at 116,516 and the 'doughboys' seved almost exclusively on the Western Front. Just couldn't let such a glaring descrepancy go. In fact America lost a total of around 535,016 in both World Wars. A far cry from your claim of 1.5 million to the Ottoman Turks alone.
I had to correct this as Hollywood's rewriting of history in the American consciousness is a bone of contention for all those outside America.
As for Iran you should really examine the role of the CIA and Kermit Roosevelt in 1953. They helped overthrow the democratically elected government for AIOC. A.k.a. everybodies favourite oil company B.P. They were going to nationalise the oil ostensibly for the benefit of the Iranian people as B.P. were right royally screwing them. This gave them the Shah and SAVAK, a really really brutal secret police. That's what you did for them. Some better historian than I could perhaps point out that the fundamentalism you see now was an obvious reaction.
So as it pertains to this thread what has Iran done to you. They've reiterated what you know very well yourselves. That your freedoms have been eroded.
What has that done. Well it's helped re-inforce every stereotype the World now holds of Americans up to and including one of you wanting to open a new Auschwitz for Iranians.
The knee jerk reactions and xenophobia displayed could be seen to be symptoms of a less than robust democracy. The oppressed of this World used to look to that torch of freedom with hope, now we just expect you to burn our homes down with it. Sad days not only for America but the whole planet.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I think your own homegrown Tea Party wingnuts might just oblige...why not vote them into power!(?)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
We are under bankers, wall street terrorist, & corporation occupation. The only answer is REVOLUTION. Take on tyranny today so your children won't have to face tyranny tomorrow.
edit on 4-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

Sigh....

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 5-7-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Really? Thank you, Captain Obvious.

But before he goes about sneering at the U.S., he might want to consider how little better his own country fairs in that arena.

That's a pointless nihilistic response to the OP. What are you trying to say? You don't like the messenger, therefore you'll ignore the message and do nothing even though you acknowledge that the message is true? Your attitude is the epitome of the phrase "you are your own worst enemy"!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
reply to post by Spinster

Big Deal. The iranian leaders (both the theocrats as well as their puppet administrators) are all ignorant buffoons. They are simply venting their jealousy. So what else is new. I'm unimpressed.

Just ask yourself one question: Regardless of what country on this beautiful Earth you are a citizen of (INCLUDING, if not especially IRAN); Even if some of what they say is true -would YOU rather live in the United States of America or in that repressive, oppressive, women-hating, Jew-hating, Christian-hating, Animiist-hating, democracy-hating, freedom-hating Regime of Iran?

I know my answer. What's yours??

edit on 7/4/2011 by Outrageo because: God Bless America...

I should call you master of labels , because you are using too much labels.

Most of them are not true.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jetlife

This is far more true than anything I have read in the last year of my existence and I have read A LOT of things.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jetlife

Remember though It's not IRAN, as in the people, who think this though , it's their government and media, a friend of mine does a lot of random back packing, and was in Iran during the last US election, and some of the locals he got to know all wanted John McCain to win because he was a Republican so there was more chance of him bombing Iran, (especially after his famous Beach Boys Mash-up , Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran), which my friend was quite shocked to hear. It turns out an awful lot of Iranian people hate their government so much that they would welcome an attack by foreign forces, but surely there is a better way.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

As for Iran you should really examine the role of the CIA and Kermit Roosevelt in 1953. They helped overthrow the democratically elected government for AIOC. A.k.a. everybodies favourite oil company B.P. They were going to nationalise the oil ostensibly for the benefit of the Iranian people as B.P. were right royally screwing them. This gave them the Shah and SAVAK, a really really brutal secret police.

However much it might please me to blame the whole Iranian saga on BP... I personally think the American post WW2 strategies (mainly The Rimland Thoery) posed by Nicholas Spkyman (the grandfather of containment strategies) play a more meaty role.

Skykman rewrote Halford Mackinders (father of Geopolitics and Geostrategy) famous dictum, re-framing it in this way, "He who controls the Rimland rules Eurasia, he who rules Eurasia controls the destinies of the world."

John Foster Dulles who played a major role in reshaping Iran brought heavily into both Spykman and Mackinders theories, Oil is a very small element in the overall strategies to contain and control everything.
edit on 5/7/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I'm supporting the views of Iran, when it comes to the topic of USA having to be stopped in their tracks. A few decades ago that would have been sheer madness, but today, a lot of europeans see eye to eye with iran, when it comes to this topic. If it comes to an act of war on Iran, by a world-bullying USA on a rampage - I will stand with Iran. So will a lot of other nations. This showdown will indeed be interesting.

Scissorville

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join