It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Ridicules July 4th: America is Not Independent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ROTFALMAO and I rarely use such net-o-nyms at the very concept of any political system or government claiming "moral" superiority over another as morals are purely cultural and subjective. Differences of degrees ie; the Sheppard kid outa Wyoming beat to death and strung on a fence for being gay and the interesting new rape laws we are getting or rather women are getting shafted with. kettles and pots really we burned witches and blacks at one time. So like I said "moral" superiority,feh! ptuy! ain't NO government has that. Now as individuals we fail despite their extremist views. Infidelity ,divorce, abortion as birth control,drug abuse(legal and illlegal) gangs,prostitution, neo nazis, Shall i go on with the "moral" failings as measured by our own judeo-christian beliefs?
So yeah, can't defend hanging gays or burying and stoning women or a lot of what their cultures morality accepts but I can say the same here and this is my country and I sure here a lot of folks say it is under God, man he must be pissed.
seed

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by pirell

Iran's moral standing in my opinion is much higher than that of the US in as much as it may be talking from a hypocritical perspective...but press TV, like RT asks the questions that our so called media will never ask and inform us of much of the truth that affects our world

Really? Which part?

The part where they hang gays from lamposts in the streets of the city?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e066d7d399e5.jpeg[/atsimg]

Or the part where they stone women?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a653340fadd.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah, they are so morally superior to us.

You are picking a few isolated incidences.

I guarantee that muslims have killed far less WHITES AND NON WHITES in the WORLD in HUMAN HISTORY
Than America has killed just in Iraq war in the past 8 years
US and UK has been responsible for most of the misery in past 300 years

Muslims dont invade countrys
How many countrys iran invaded?
Eh?

Exactly
America is invading 3 new countries a decade
And they keep on adding to the list

THATS YANKEES FOR YA!
They think theyre so much better than everyone else
When in reality
They are so so
SO MUCH WORSE

freaks

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM

No, I'm showing you a culture. A way of life.

And even if it's only " a few isolated incidences", which it isn't, does that make it OK?

I guarantee that muslims have killed far less WHITES AND NON WHITES in the WORLD in HUMAN HISTORY

Prove it. Be sure to go way back to the 7th century and count every single person they murdered.

And muslims have killed more muslims than anyone else.

Eh?

Iran sponsors several terrorist groups that murder innocents, no matter what the color.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM

Realy? How about the 1.5 million Armenians killed by hte Ottoman Turks during WW1??

Eh?

Islam was founded in Mecca - every country that is now "Islamic" was conquered by force - including Iran. A Moslem army conquered Spain and made it to Tours in 711 before beign defeated. Ottoman armies beseiged Vienna in 1683.

See en.wikipedia.org...

Europe considered it's very existence threatened by Islam for a thousand years, and it is one of hte reasons Serbs have a chip on their shoulder - like many Sth-East Europeans they consider they "saved Europe" from Islam in wars covering centuries (of course the Poles & Hungarians claim the same thing too.....)

Exactly

THATS YANKEES FOR YA!
When in reality
They are so so
SO MUCH WORSE

freaks

Better to be a freaky American than an ignorant loon like you - BTW I am neither.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
No offense, but honestly, why would I give a flying fig what Iran thinks about anything? We have our issues like all governments, but they are hardly the leader of the pack to speak about freedom.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jetlife

Sadly, Iran is correct. We can't even get on an airplane without the Gestapo searching us and watching our every move.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetlife

Iran Ridicules July 4th: America is Not Independent

www.domasjefferson.com

PRESS TV, totally funded by the Islamic Republic and a mouthpiece for the Islamic regime, told its readers, “America is no longer the land of the free. It is now ruled by oligarchs and corporatists. And it is no longer governed by the rule of law. The rich, the powerful and the politically connected abide by their own, very different, set of laws.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[/quote

He is correct , we are a police state that is betting worse every day. We are slaves to the USERY of the bankers. The sad truth is that about 10% of the people own 90% of the wealth and it gets more disproportionate every day.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Iran ridicules America over the 4th of July.

Wow, color me shocked. This really breaks my heart.

Oh well, back to my picnic and fireworks.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

Big Deal. The iranian leaders (both the theocrats as well as their puppet administrators) are all ignorant buffoons. They are simply venting their jealousy. So what else is new. I'm unimpressed.

Just ask yourself one question: Regardless of what country on this beautiful Earth you are a citizen of (INCLUDING, if not especially IRAN); Even if some of what they say is true -would YOU rather live in the United States of America or in that repressive, oppressive, women-hating, Jew-hating, Christian-hating, Animiist-hating, democracy-hating, freedom-hating Regime of Iran?

I know my answer. What's yours??

We all know that Iran has many issues today, which the USgov helped form, but it doesn't mean the message is incorrect.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

Differences of degrees ie; the Sheppard kid outa Wyoming beat to death and strung on a fence for being gay and the interesting new rape laws we are getting or rather women are getting shafted with. kettles and pots really we burned witches and blacks at one time.

Show me where our govt condones what happened to that kid.

In Iran it is their *law* to hang gays. That's the difference which you fail to acknowledge.

This is not "your country" Iran is your country.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Would have been a different story had the Iranian people had weapons to defend themselves from the Iranian regime. The only reason they criticize us because they are jealous we got this kind of freedom that the people in Iran are fighting for. Millions of people around the world are risking their lives to get to America. You don't see that in Iran.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So that means it's OK?

Really? Got some facts to back that up?

Hmmmm....once again, your research and knowledge of history is very lacking. Might want to do some reading on this; try googling "Spain and the New World" and take a count how many millions of Indians they killed in Central and South America.

Muslims don't invade countries? Hmmmmm....Iraq invading Kuwait ring any alarm bells?

Three? Hmmm....well, Iraq and A-stan are two. Did I miss one? Sorry, Gus, Libya doesn't count. If you had read the inter-office memo, you'd have know that is a NATO affair.

THATS YANKEES FOR YA!
When in reality
They are so so
SO MUCH WORSE

freaks

Awwww......someone gots his widdle panties in a bunch today. Get a life.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
if the document the founding fathers wrote led to this, then either the document is a total failure or it functions as it was intended.

considering most of the founding fathers were either masons, illuminati or both, it could be that they wanted to create a safe haven for themselves and the evil forces that govern them.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by athenegoddess
If you are going to say America isn't the land of the free 'anymore', let us evaluate what that word first meant when we declared our independence from Great Britain in 1776. We were free to colonize and kill all the indigenous people who were here first. We were free to look for gold and money for prides sake right?

What exactly does it mean to you to be free?

If they take control of our voting without us knowing, and each president is already predetermined, then yes, we aren't as free as imagined. And with this I'm still kinda on the fence.
edit on 7/4/2011 by athenegoddess because: (no reason given)

are you aware of the electoral college?
You really think your vote determines who becomes president?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jetlife

HMMMMM - Maybe they are not far off --- BUT remember "it takes one, to know one"!

Yes, most of the worlds powers are controlled by the few - rich and powerful --- and brainwash their "tenants" - us.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53147a428e64.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a51c38e8a3eb.jpg[/atsimg]

I agree with Iran on this, that America is not independent anymore, infact it hasn't been independent for a while now. So what is the problem? What led to the end of US independence, the answer is simpler than you might think, it is right in front of you, it is the political system, the system which forces people to choose representatives.

How can you choose someone else to represent you? Those individuals, such as Obama will do anything to deceive you, once they get their vote they will only be concerned about their own interests, not yours. So you need to take responsibility and get more involved, your vote is not good enough, voting for someone to represent you, that's just not right because greed and self interest will eventually over come this douche VS Giant Sandwich system./
edit on 4-7-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why has the US been so obsessed with Iran since the 1970`s? It doesn`t seem to have been obsessed with other countries as much where there has been regime change.
I have not visited Iran but would believe that it is a generally peaceful country which does not understand why it is the subject of so much US scrutiny.
Most countries around the Mediterranean are relaxed. I would imagine Egypt, Libya and Syria are also generally relaxed societies.
I visited Egypt and noticed that people were happy despite "poverty" in US terms. However, I see more spiritual poverty in the US on the media.

p.s. I believe lots of Jewish people live in Iran. Every middle eastern country has a heterogenous religious population as with western countries and they are quite tolerant of each other.
edit on 4-7-2011 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by mustard seed

Differences of degrees ie; the Sheppard kid outa Wyoming beat to death and strung on a fence for being gay and the interesting new rape laws we are getting or rather women are getting shafted with. kettles and pots really we burned witches and blacks at one time.

Show me where our govt condones what happened to that kid.

In Iran it is their *law* to hang gays. That's the difference which you fail to acknowledge.

This is not "your country" Iran is your country.

Well it may not "condone" what happened to that kid but you skipped over all the other stuff it does condone, which are all judeo-christian "moral failings".
This IS MY country and I refuse to see it through the idiot screen or according to the propaganda. I go by what I have seen and know to be true.Iran was a staunch ally in government and populace until we backed the Shah's dictatorship as it killed the people in the streets.We screwed that pooch and pointing and saying we are better than you is a childs game
seed

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53147a428e64.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a51c38e8a3eb.jpg[/atsimg]

I agree with Iran on this, that America is not independent anymore, infact it hasn't been independent for a while now. So what is the problem? What led to the end of US independence, the answer is simpler than you might think, it is right in front of you, it is the political system, the system which forces people to choose representatives.

How can you choose someone else to represent you? Those individuals, such as Obama will do anything to deceive you, once they get their vote they will only be concerned about their own interests, not yours. So you need to take responsibility and get more involved, your vote is not good enough, voting for someone to represent you, that's just not right because greed and self interest will eventually over come this douche VS Giant Sandwich system./
edit on 4-7-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

I agree with Iran on this also, because it is a fact and my brain only works on logic, true/false statements...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jetlife

wow... well .. the point is pretty much the world at large is manipulated by these bankers.... THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND???????>>> basically we all want peace... but it hard to make peace when there soooo much money to be made in war times...

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join