It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greeks stop Canadian ship bound for Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

That logic fails because, all the other ships stopped a few days ago were not Canadian. Multiple countries had ships stopped in the last few days in Greek ports. Even an American Captain was detained and arrested. The Harper administration definitely publicly condemned this, but did not order this to happen. It is clearly Israeli influence since the beginning. Don't twist the story like that... shame on you...LOL.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

That logic fails because, all the other ships stopped a few days ago were not Canadian. Multiple countries had ships stopped in the last few days in Greek ports. Even an American Captain was detained and arrested. The Harper administration definitely publicly condemned this, but did not order this to happen. It is clearly Israeli influence since the beginning. Don't twist the story like that... shame on you...LOL.

What should that tell you?? that obviously they are using the Greek government for this as to not use their own.
Allow them to leave their home nations ports only to get boarded so close to their destination to deter others from attempting the same thing. how dare you shame me.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Here is an updated version of the story. It appears that the Greek coast guard physically disabled the ship by ramming it into a cement pier and it is now sinking.

Greeks Disable Canadian Ship

OTTAWA — The Greek coast guard has crippled a Canadian ship bound for Gaza, forcing it back to shore and ramming it against a cement pier, activists said Monday. Activists on board say the ship appears to be sinking and they're calling on the Harper government to intervene. The Tahrir, bearing at least 30 Canadians, left a Greek port early Monday evening local time and was boarded 15 minutes later by armed officers from the Greek coast guard. Within an hour, the ship was back at another Greek port, where supporters of its mission were gathering. "They arrived back to land into a location ... where the coast guard forced them to go to. Not the original dock," Ehab Lotayef, a Montreal-based spokesman for the ship, tells The Canadian Press. "They slammed it into the concrete, into the pier-side. At the beginning it wasn't obvious, but now there is big
probability the boat is sinking. It got damaged in that slam. It's taking water, leaking diesel." Lotayef said efforts were underway to get passengers off the boat.

Hopefully they will. Fine the owners of the boat for leaking diesel fuel into the bay.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The Jewish community has a big influence in Canada and U.S. by that I mean key players that are of Jewish faith and have strong relations with Israel. There are a few such people with the voice to make such decisions.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

Canada is a very diverse country with a large multi-cultural population. The Jewish community in Canada is predominantly opposed to Israeli actions, especially of their treatment of Gazans. On the other hand, the Zionists in control of Israel, also have a very big influence on Canadian politics abroad, especially on concerns that might affect Israel. Let's not turn this into a religious thread and try to entice people into getting off topic. The Israeli influence in Canadian politics has been discussed many times on ATS. There is no way that Stephen Harper and his cabinet could have influenced the Greeks to do this. Israel has condemned this waive of aid ships since day one when it was announced. I find it funny that people are trying to shift the blame on the Canadian government. Don't get me wrong, I know they were against the ships leaving, but it was not Canada who called the shot to stop all these boats.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: fixed a word

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
"There is no way that Stephen Harper and his cabinet could have influenced the Greeks to do this."

Influenced??? LOL...all he has to do is ask. Seriously some lowly Lt. commander in the Med could ask them and they would comply.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Canada is a very diverse country with a large multi-cultural population. The Jewish community in Canada is predominantly opposed to Israeli actions, especially of their treatment of Gazans. On the other hand, the Zionists in control of Israel, also have a very big influence on Canadian politics abroad, especially on concerns that might affect Israel. Let's not turn this into a religious thread and try to entice people into getting off topic. The Israeli influence in Canadian politics has been discussed many times on ATS. There is no way that Stephen Harper and his cabinet could have influenced the Greeks to do this. Israel has condemned this waive of aid ships since day one when it was announced. I find it funny that people are trying to shift the blame on the Canadian government. Don't get me wrong, I know they were against the ships leaving, but it was not Canada who called the shot to stop all these boats.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: fixed a word

It is not about religion, I am saying that there are a few zionists with power in Canada who can make such decision. It seems to me that the Greek are small fish for such decisions. Our PM, Harper, gets a good chunk of funding from zionists, it is really a game of interests.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The sad fact of the matter is these so called Palestinians are pawns in the Islamic game of destroy Israel so their Mahdi comes and saves the world by converting ALL to Islam.

You are wrong and off topic.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Looks like the Greeks are still being pressured into doing Israel's dirty work. I must admit I am annoyed but not surprised that the Greek coast guard stopped this ship since they stopped the other ships a few days ago.

Actually they are not been pressed or anything. Taken form the source which you provided.

Flotilla organizers pledged Sunday to continue with their plans to breach Israel's sea blockade of the territory despite a Greek government ban on their vessels leaving the country's ports.

The campaign experienced a major setback when Greece announced its restrictions Friday. Authorities arrested the captain of a boat carrying U.S. activists that tried to leave Greece without permission.

The Greek Merchant Marine Ministry said the coast guard blocked the boat shortly after it set sail without permission from the port of Agios Nikolaos in northeastern Crete.

The ministry said an operation was underway to return it to port.

Greece banned all Gaza flotilla boats from leaving port, citing security concerns. Last year, nine activists were killed after Israeli commandos boarded a Turkish boat taking part in a similar flotilla.

It seems that the ship had no permission to leave port.

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Influenced??? LOL...all he has to do is ask. Seriously some lowly Lt. commander in the Med could ask them and they would comply.

I have to completely disagree. I believe that it would take more than a simple request from Stephen Harper to stop multiple ships flying under different flags from leaving Greek waters. It would be somewhat similar to Obama asking Canada not to allow Americans to fly to Cuba from Canada for vacation. The bottom line is that Israel does not want these ships to make it to the shores of Gaza no matter what. Israel is aware of the spotlight that is on them through the media and know that if the ships are stopped in Greece that it will be less troublesome than having to deal with the ships like they did the last few times, the first time being the worse. There are many mainstream and alternative news sources that have covered the opinions of the Israeli government. They have been very public about this, and have even stated that they will not allow these ships to reach the shores of Gaza no matter what. I wonder what they used to bribe the Greek government with, whatever the cost it was probably better than having to deal with it domestically when the ships would reach Gaza.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Guess they need bailout money worse than I thought.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It is not about religion, I am saying that there are a few zionists with power in Canada who can make such decision. It seems to me that the Greek are small fish for such decisions. Our PM, Harper, gets a good chunk of funding from zionists, it is really a game of interests.

Thank you for clarifying, I agree with this explanation more than your previous one. You are right about the support Harper gets from the Zionists in Israel, but if he did request this, I would believe that the pressure came from the Zionists you mentioned. Harper has always been very public about his unconditional support for Israel and their actions domestically and abroad. Sorry if I misunderstood your last post.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If you read the article, the ship contains no humanitarian aid.

The ship left port without the proper authorization.

There is no captain on the ship.

So, what is the real purpose of this ship?

The border between Gaza and Egypt is open. There is no shortage of humanitarian supplies reaching the Gaza strip.

Israel has offered a different port if people truly wish to send aid to the Gaza strip.

So, once again, what is the purpose of this ship.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Hey, I'm not sure I understand... from the snippet you provided...

Greece banned all Gaza flotilla boats from leaving port, citing security concerns. Last year, nine activists were killed after Israeli commandos boarded a Turkish boat taking part in a similar flotilla.

I believe you said that they had permission to leave port, but even the snippet you provided explains that Greece has banned all Gaza flotilla boats from leaving port. Sorry I'm just confused. Perhaps I read it wrong, or you accidentally typed it wrong.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I am curious where in the article that it says there was no aid on the ship?

From the article you just told us to read...

"The Greek military and the Greek government prefers to send soldiers against a boat full of people -- parents, grandparents ... Jews, Christians, Muslims ... people from all over Quebec and Canada but also Danes, Australians, Belgians who raised money to send tens of thousands of dollars of medical equipment to Gaza," said Stephan Corriveau, another Canadian on the ship.

I would say that this quote implies that there was medical equipment on the ship. Do you not agree? Did you read the article that you told us to go read?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If you change your approach and judge Israel by it's restraint, you will soon realise that the US Military is in a different league to Israel when it comes to killing innocent civilians.

If the United States was surrounded by enemy nations that had proven in recent history to desire it's destruction, I am quite sure, the US would have reached for the 'button' several times.

My point is; Israel has a proven defensive military stance.

In 1967, Israel could have claimed territory many times it's own size when it was attacked on all fronts and pushed the aggressors back. Yet, it did not.

Israel has the capability to wipe out the surrounding Arab countries. Yet, it does not.

Had, Israel kicked out the 'Palestinians' decades ago, when it had the opportunity to, had it even claimed new territory as a result of the major conflicts, today we would not be discussing this, as it would be 'accepted' as being resigned to the history books.

So, by showing it's restraint, proving that it is not out to take over the Middle East, it has put itself in endless state of conflict and because it has the superior military, is viewed as an oppressor and bully.

Ironically, the situation that so many like to poke Israel about today, is a result of Israel pandering to the opinion and judgement of the world outside it's borders or being soft.

To those of you in the West; Would you stand with or against Israel in the event of WW3?

Regards, Skellon.

edit on 4-7-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I believe you said that they had permission to leave port, but even the snippet you provided explains that Greece has banned all Gaza flotilla boats from leaving port.Sorry I'm just confused. Perhaps I read it wrong, or you accidentally typed it wrong.

No need to be sorry mate.

I have reread the snippet and what i said, and I believe you might have misread what i said. All i said based on the snippet taken from your source, that the ship had no permission to leave port.

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

You and I usually disagree in matters about this subject, yet you still have a decent way of explaining your opinion so I commend you for that. But, all military groups kill civilians and give it names like collateral damage or something similar. You are correct about Israel using restraint in certain situations, when they could have easily plowed through any opposition. But they have also failed to use this so called restraint on many occasions, including the first flotilla, the most recent Lebanon and Gaza conflicts, and many other examples that have been discussed in the news and on ATS. I don't like how Israel conducts itself as a country, but I will admit they have the right to protect themselves. Every nation does. Unfortunately, they use the excuse of "protection" to disguise offensive brutal actions. Sure, many other countries do this, but the situation in Israel/Palestine is unique. We all know that the aid trickles in slowly, and most of it never makes it through due to the ridiculous restrictions at the current allowed border crossings.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Yes, you are right. I went back and reread the snippet and what you typed, and it is I who read it wrong. I know you said not to be sorry, but I do apologize either way. I should have read it better before I posted what I did in response to your comment.

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join