It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Libertarians Call For Arrest Of TSA Agents

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hawkiye

Uhm yeah.. Because they are not comissioned, they are not subject to the same requiremnets as law enforcement is. Which includes the 4th amendment.

If you dont want to go through the security checkpoint, dont fly.

Your choice.

Get your head out of your ass. What if a private contractor hired by govt to treat drinking water but they were poisoning it? Would you say "So what, don't drink tap water."?

TSA agents work directly with police. If they find contraband during an illegal search, they will detain citizens for arrest

Are you running for any kind of public office, because you have my vote already.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Just a quick question. I am not prosecuting anyone just wondering. Do they do the same for the crew of each flight? If so then wouldn't that mean to work there you would have mandatory friskings? Is there a law that would apply in both cases that makes this wrong?
I will start reading up on it
Therian

www.tsa.gov...
Found this so far, Looks like they are amending some rules. crew still gets checked but pilots and flight attendants are seeing changes cus of uniforms.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Just a little light reading. It seems those who have to work there can be frisked by the definition of this law.

Privacy and Reputation

When an individual seeks employment, he or she surrenders some privacy rights. To become employed, the individual will be asked to disclose personal information and may be required to submit to continuing evaluation. Current or prospective employees may be asked to submit to a physical examination, a Polygraph examination, a psychological evaluation, a test for use of illegal drugs, or a test for HIV. Employers have the right to search lockers or to frisk employees even if no reasonable suspicion of theft exists. The modern workplace can be checked by an employer through the monitoring of phone lines and personal computers.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Therian because: Found a bit about TSA,Plus this law just thought it might be helpful

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Firstly i'm not pro-TSA...I really don't care.

Secondly, naw we're not living a free for all yet. Most people here bashing the government have no idea that the only thing that keeps/kept them from being food for wolves is the government. In fact, if not for the U.S. having a strong central government, mobsters and gangsters would have been enslaved and destroyed this country. Local and State governments would be useless against gangs (Bloods/Crips/Hells Angels/etc) who's members at one time numbered in the thousands. Cities wouldn't be able to put someone connected in prison because (California) if there weren't federal backing, a thousand thugs could show up at the prison and take who ever they want home.

So yeah, government is bad, but it is also the reason America has been able to become the power it once was. Make no mistake about it.

Government isn't bad. Bad is bad. It is a free for all. Friend, if it was as easy for a law abiding good person to get a gun as it was for a "crip" to get one.. believe me, they wouldn't stand a chance IN HELL. You think our federal government is the one keeping the crips and corruption from you door. I really think you need to open your eyes to how corrupt our current government is.. at all levels. It's particularly at risk right now because there is a large operation being carried out where your security and money are being traded for power. They are killing people in your name with your money. is that making you safer?

There is a problem when people think that all humans are inherently bad, and without bigger thugs protecting them from the smaller thugs, chaos would ensue. Well believe me.. thugs are not keeping you safe. You are cattle. they are getting what they want out of you. They are protecting you like a farmer protects his cattle. If a wolf is snooping around it will be shot, nice for the cows right? Except the farmer plans on eating them.

I'm telling you that you don't have to be eaten. You can be a farmer. You are a farmer. One that does not need to eat cows, You don't need to oppress or take away someone's freedom and liberty so you yourself can be free. Read history. it's all there for you. That is what America is. That is why there is no other country like it. It is founded on natural law. It is a free for all. But everyone needs to ensure the framework is kept clear of tyranny and corruption. And believe me.. that is what is happening. That is what you are seeing. People are saying NO WAY.

I will remain free at any cost. The safety of a prison is not freedom. Why settle for security? What are you alive for if not to experience total freedom and liberty. That is your natural state. You protect yourself and your freedom. No one does that for you.

You are correct that bad is bad, I used the description in haste (actually there isn't any bad).

Buddy, if every household in America had a gun that wouldn't be the answer. Problem is, most people don't have the "heart" to do anything with it if it became necessary. You can probably ascertain that answer from simply asking people on this site. Didn't most people in colonial and Western times have pistols or rifles, that didn't help them against the gangsters and thugs of their times! It took a law man and for some it took bringing in federal law men.

Lets not even mention the wars throughout history. If we didn't have a strong federal government....we'd be speaking German or Russian or Japanese! Imagine the state of Texas going to war with the country of Germany while Alabama and Lousiana decided to take care of their own. It was because the federal government unified all the states as a nation that America becomes a super-power. Take the continent of Africa, it's larger than America but can never get its act together because it's composed of a bunch of countries/states that don't have a single unifying government.

Yes, I can tell you Federal government is what's keeping corruption from you and your families door. I've been a part of the criminal element, and it is the FEDS that significant criminals fear. It is well known (amongst) criminals that there is no chance of winning against the Federal Government. As the saying goes, "When the Feds in town, time to get out of town". City and State would not be sophisticated enough to deal with the criminal element of this day. Also, officials at the city and state level can be easily paid off if I throw more money at them than they'd see in their entire career.

I'm just saying that a world can't advance if Individualism is at the forefront. If that's what we want, we shouldn't hope to get much further (technologically) than we are now. We'll never end many illnesses or hunger for that matter. Things we have accomplished will reverse themselves soon as the have-nots begin to war against the haves.

If that's what we desire, I'm for either situation...doesn't make a difference to me personally.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

You are correct that bad is bad, I used the description in haste (actually there isn't any bad).

Buddy, if every household in America had a gun that wouldn't be the answer. Problem is, most people don't have the "heart" to do anything with it if it became necessary. You can probably ascertain that answer from simply asking people on this site. Didn't most people in colonial and Western times have pistols or rifles, that didn't help them against the gangsters and thugs of their times! It took a law man and for some it took bringing in federal law men.

Lets not even mention the wars throughout history. If we didn't have a strong federal government....we'd be speaking German or Russian or Japanese! Imagine the state of Texas going to war with the country of Germany while Alabama and Lousiana decided to take care of their own. It was because the federal government unified all the states as a nation that America becomes a super-power. Take the continent of Africa, it's larger than America but can never get its act together because it's composed of a bunch of countries/states that don't have a single unifying government.

Yes, I can tell you Federal government is what's keeping corruption from you and your families door. I've been a part of the criminal element, and it is the FEDS that significant criminals fear. It is well known (amongst) criminals that there is no chance of winning against the Federal Government. As the saying goes, "When the Feds in town, time to get out of town". City and State would not be sophisticated enough to deal with the criminal element of this day. Also, officials at the city and state level can be easily paid off if I throw more money at them than they'd see in their entire career.

I'm just saying that a world can't advance if Individualism is at the forefront. If that's what we want, we shouldn't hope to get much further (technologically) than we are now. We'll never end many illnesses or hunger for that matter. Things we have accomplished will reverse themselves soon as the have-nots begin to war against the haves.

If that's what we desire, I'm for either situation...doesn't make a difference to me personally.

I don't agree with any of it. I'm not suggesting everyone have a gun. What i am suggesting is that RELYING on people with them to take care of you is absolutely foolish.. especially people that you know are criminal and work hard at killing people.

You think tyranny is what promotes evolution and growth? Uhhh ok. Good luck with that. Why do you think liberty and freedom = individualism? You don't think people can come together in liberty and freedom? Take a look at the history of this country.. Of the history of India.

It's your right to be taken care of by whomever you believe is taking care of things for you. And you can relax because i can guarantee you that liberty and freedom are in control. Always have been and always will.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I think that makes you a pervert.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

How would you interpret this part of the Florida Constitution? I am not an officer and have limited experience in law interpretation but it seams to me to include the TSA agents.

or any other person in a position of control or authority in a probation, community control, controlled release, detention, custodial, or similar setting, and such officer, official, or person is acting in such a manner as to lead the victim to reasonably believe that the offender is in a position of control or authority as an agent or employee of government."

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hawkiye

Uhm yeah.. Because they are not comissioned, they are not subject to the same requiremnets as law enforcement is. Which includes the 4th amendment.

If you dont want to go through the security checkpoint, dont fly.

Your choice.

Wrong.

The Transportation Security Administration is liable for compliance with regulatory and statutory law, as well as constitutional rulings which trump all other bodies of law, as is any other government agency except within very narrow areas such as the military.

"Commissioned" or not, TSA's employees and administrators are legally liable.

For example, TSA may not knowingly be in non-compliance with OSHA regulations without obtaining a waiver. And the Bill of Rights is a heck of a lot more powerful than a simple set of regulations.

Also, any civilian contractor who works for TSA is liable for compliance with the laws of the land and the rulings of SCOTUS in exactly the same degree as the agency hiring them; that is in the standard "boiler plate" of any government agency contract with non-agency corporations or entities or NGOs.

EDIT: S & F Op.
edit on 7-7-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join