It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Libertarians Call For Arrest Of TSA Agents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hawkiye

Uhm yeah.. Because they are not comissioned, they are not subject to the same requiremnets as law enforcement is. Which includes the 4th amendment.

If you dont want to go through the security checkpoint, dont fly.

Your choice.

Are you saying that they are incapable of committing assault?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by Xcathdra

Perhaps you missed the part where TSA is a part of the federal government.

Perhaps you also missed the part where they claim the Constitution as a defense. Either the Constitution applies, or it can't be used as a defense.

And personal attacks (ad hominems) will not work. Reported

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Are you saying that they are incapable of committing assault?

Not at all.

However the builk of people complaining wouldnt know what the defintion of an assault is if it walked up to them and pucnhed them in the face. Its even more true when a person voluntarily submits to a security screening, thereby giving persmission to be searched and agreeing to the terms of that search.

People should concentrate more on learning the law instead of trying to argue it declarative statements that mean nothing.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I don't believe it's right to arrest the agents. Now, arresting the policy makers is where we need to go if we're going to arrest anybody. They're the ones using desperate times to hire on a bunch of people to do things that there's no way the goodly majority of them would do.

maybe we should of only tried the nazi's that were giving the orders in that case, and not the people who were carrying out the acts against humanity.

maybe that guy on trial now in the hague for war crimes could use the same excuse, i was just following orders that were made by higher ups. i knew they were wrong but....... i was just an employee and they pay was good so....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Lol I love how the TSA are able to touch your no-no spots, and speaking out about it, we get called pigs?

What type of backwards world are you living in?

You are the pig, thinking your above everybody else, and that the TSA have RIGHTS to touch people anyway they please... They are the pigs, along with you supporting that gross violation of rights...

So its ok now for kids to be groped and molested?? Whatever happened to the moral values instilled into these kids to speak out against any person doing that to them, including their own parents... Now all of a sudden its ok? I dont think so

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

and because airports and other major forms of interstate / international forms of travel are federally regulated, they can prescribe the manner in which security is established and carried out.

Really now??? I can't seem to find any section of the constitution (which is the restrictions the federal government must operate under) that gives the federal government authority to regulate the private day to day travel over individuals. In fact I can't find a single provision in the constitution that gives the federal government any authority over any individual whatsoever. The constitution in fact restricts the federal government from interfering in the lives of the people and tasks it to protect those rights period. But I would never expect a cop with a thug mentality like you to fathom such a thing. God help those whom have you patrolling thier areas!

edit on 4-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
I don't like being lumped in with a group. You made a blanket statement about the posters on this thread.

I sure did.. Just treating people in the forums in the same manner they like to treat anyone they dont agree with. Its intresting that you are ok with it when its shifted in one direction, and take exception to it when its shifted back.

So apparently its ok to be silent on an issue when it doesnt directly include you?

Thank you for helping me prove my point.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

That's some real interesting BS you're slinging there.

I haven't mistreated anyone while having been slapped myself.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You speak as if consent to search is the equivalent of consent to assault.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Perhaps you missed the part where TSA is a part of the federal government.

Who are not comissioned officers. Secondly you voluntarily agree to the screening process by going through it. The different I am pointing out, that you missed in the academy, is you are free to leave the airport and take another form of travel if you dont want to submit to the security screening.

You are not being forced to go through the process, which means you arent seized, which means there is no 4th amendment implications. A 4th amendment violation would occur if you are forced into a car at your house, forcibly brought to the airport, forcibly placed into a screening line and forcibly searched.

Big difference...

Perhaps you also missed the part where they claim the Constitution as a defense. Either the Constitution applies, or it can't be used as a defense.

I would suggest you go brush up on your Con law.. You seem to be out of practice.

And personal attacks (ad hominems) will not work. Reported

reported what? Me saying you dont know what your talking about based on your responses? Thats not a personal attack, that would be the truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You're right. We do need to organize ourselves.
The government is keeping us disorganized.
I think ATS needs a change from conspiracy to action.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

The pig reference, if you would read the entire post, is in reference to Animal Farm. It would be the same example you guys applied to me in a different thread. So I guess the double standard is once again proven with your response to me here?

You guys demand certain laws be applied when it comes to yourselves, while completely abandaoning that moral high ground when you amke the same argument you despise the government of.

Why?

Because you hate the government.

You dont know your rights, let alone how the law or your rights work. This is evident in the claims of constitutional violations towards you, when you ahve no issues removing those same demands when you go after the government.

Its called hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Maybe i you spent more time reading books instead of burning them you would understand your argument.

See what I did there? I made a Nazi comparison like you guys have done in other threads.

amazing how its ok for you uys to make wild accusations while becoming offended and reporting those comments when they are applied back to you and the others.

Typical double standard that you guys complain about.

Call ne a thug all you want. It doesnt change the fact you have no idea what your talking about. You and the others demand to be treated in a certain manner, while you ignore that criteria when you talk about the government or police.

That conctradiction you make alone says it all.

Your rights end the moment they begin to interfere with others. What part of that do you not comprehend?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

It was a blanket statement. You included yourself in it by taking offense. I never called you out, you did that yourself.

And while you think its BS, maybe you should take that into account when you remain silent when other people make blanket statements about groups you dont attach yourself to.

Or is the rule to only be offended when you fele it directly impacts you, and not care when it impacts others?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Not at all.. There is a huge difference.

The problem is you guys dont know the difference between a search, a patdown, which is what the TSA does, and an assault.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You guys? I am 1 person here, Speaking as such...

I am demanding certain laws apply to me? What laws am I demanding?

If we were truly a free people, we wouldnt need "laws" to tell us right from wrong... We wouldnt need thugs who think they know better than us to tell us how to think, how to act, and what to do...

Go ahead and enforce your laws, fining people for not wearing seat belts, jay walking, not wearing helmets, groping people, unlawfully arresting people just to get them into the system...

I guess you do know the law better than me, cause you are the law, and the final say in everything... Even when courts smack down the decisions later on

link   

Originally posted by grey580

You're right. We do need to organize ourselves.
The government is keeping us disorganized.
I think ATS needs a change from conspiracy to action.

This si the first intelligent statement I have seen on this topic in a long time.

Star for you.

link   

Cheap shots at people you disagree with add nothing constructive to the discussion.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

As long as it isnt forced,its legal under any 4th amend right or argument

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Not at all.. There is a huge difference.

The problem is you guys dont know the difference between a search, a patdown, which is what the TSA does, and an assault.

You don't know what I do and don't know. Don't PRESUME to know me or anyone else here.

That is a very arrogant attitude.

As I stated earlier, in my state, what the TSA does is, technically, fourth degree sexual assault.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
You guys? I am 1 person here, Speaking as such...

Correct.. A distinction you ignore when you make your blanket claims against the Police, Government, TSA and any other group you dont like.

I am demanding certain laws apply to me? What laws am I demanding?

You tll me, because so far I havent seen any legitimate argument from people who are screaming about the Constitution.

If we were truly a free people, we wouldnt need "laws" to tell us right from wrong... We wouldnt need thugs who think they know better than us to tell us how to think, how to act, and what to do...

In this case I dont think I know more than you, I am saying I know more than you, and to date your argument and counter arguments bear that out. You guys argue on emotion, instead of logic.

Go ahead and enforce your laws, fining people for not wearing seat belts, jay walking, not wearing helmets, groping people, unlawfully arresting people just to get them into the system...

And this is the typical response ive come to expect. You go off topic and once again go back to stereotyping police and the government.

Again, the wrod is called hypocrite.

I guess you do know the law better than me, cause you are the law, and the final say in everything... Even when courts smack down the decisions later on

Im not part of the Judicial branch of Government, so Ihave nothing to do with punishment, fines or anything else of that nature (and you would know this if you understood how your governmnt works instead of making wild accusations and bogus claims).

I know the law ebcause I amke it a point to. You on the other hand have no apparent desire to learn the law, and insted tkae the lazy way out by attacking anything you dont understand, agree with or like.

Thats the difference. Instead of complaining, why dont you do something about it? And any answer that uses the phrase there is no point, I dont matter, its rigged etc is BS, plain and simple. Its a cop out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join