It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Libertarians Call For Arrest Of TSA Agents

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
I don't think many people are aware of what they are asking for...

What many of you are asking for is a societal free for all basically. Are you aware of what this society may look like as a result?

Would you rather the TSA be replaced with private security? If so you will go from being patted down by someone making $35k to someone making $19K. From personnel (TSA) required to pass a background check to possibly someone with no background check. If we went to private security, we wouldn't have these imagined incidents of molestation, we would have ACTUAL instances.

The situation is you either desire to live in this modern, restricted society or you desire to live in a anarchic, primitive society. This is the reason many of our Rights are being twisted or disregarded. Our society has become to sophisticated for our Constitution which was written 300 years ago.

Hey guess what? IT IS A FREE FOR ALL! DUHHH Why do you think there are people with bigger guns? Because everyone agreed on it? Use YOUR HEADS PEOPLE. You have been brainwashed into thinking the Federal Government is "good" and civilians are evil and dangerous. Civilians are all little children that need to be taken care of. Well i can take care of myself. And if they try and re-establish a worse TSA after the TSA is abolished than smart people will stand up and fight that too. And it goes on FOREVER AND EVER. You want to bend over because it's too hard? Man... how do you people even feed yourselves? What happens when the electricity turns off one day? Do you curl up in a ball and die? Understand that it is a TOTAL free for all and the only people that are looking out for you are people like you, your family and your friends.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Stand UP for your rights. IT'S EASY! It's NATURAL.

You don't have to do anything other than point out what is wrong. That's it. Like right here in this forum. You don't have to be an activist or a politician. You don't need a website or a radio station. All you have to do, when the time comes, is demand that the right thing is done. Announce what is true and natural.

Lots of people before you have made it EASY for you to stand up in the comfort of your own home. That is what is different and special about America. It's not the peace prizes and the weapons or the gluttony. It's what the government is FOUNDED on. Liberty and freedom.

Why would you think giving away your freedom and liberty is good? Some of you would be happy to live in a prison because it would keep the terrorists out. hahaha. Insanity.

If you are an adult with half a brain then you are qualified to declare your own personal liberty and freedom. You are qualified to ensure your own security. You are qualified to protect yourself from tyranny. The government is made up of individuals.. many of whom are seriously deluded, sick and downright insane. We are talking about people who KILL people with very destructive and inhumane weapons. The same people that spend your tax dollars on propaganda to brainwash you into servitude. The same people that declare which war is right and just, and which innocent civilian casualties are necessary. Which schools should be shut down, which innocent people should go to jail, which guns go where, which dangerous drugs and poisons are allowed.. and which are not. All on your dime and with your complacent consent.

Just admit the insanity of it. that is all you have to do. Admit that YOU are ultimately making choices that puts you and your families security, prosperity and freedom in the hands of some pretty screwed up individuals. Admit that if you want ANY security, prosperity and freedom NO ONE is going to give it to you... on the contrary, there is a line of people waiting to take it from you.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

It's pretty clear from your post you have not flown out of a foreign country let alone China in quite some time if ever. I've been all over the US, Asia, and India this year. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I see much less security review and patdowns here than abroad. Those saying that other countries don't do this simply do not have a clue.

Also, can we talk about the real issue? All of this is done here in the states because it's 'wrong' to profile people. You know what, works for the Indian's, works for the Israeli's, but instead we check a 95 year old since targetting 18-40 singles or 18-40 groups of men would be so wrong of us...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Are you really comparing airport security to the mass genocide committed by the nazis?

Get a grip.

Security is there for a reason, if it was as bad as you seem to think it is nobody would use airports. How many people fly in the US daily, and how many complain?
I think a few people may just be overreacting slightly. If you can even remotely compare the TSA with nazi germany then you are living in a crazy little dream world. People have a choice wether they want to fly or not, whereas people affected by the genocide caused by the nazis did not.

Airport security is here to stay, and for good reason. Would you prefer that the TSA was scrapped and the job taken over by a private company that have no screening of their employees and really dont care who they employ?

No, I am comparing one act of tyranny against mankind with another, and the lame excuse being offered. If it is not a valid defense, it is not a valid defense, regardless of whether you want to interject Nazi emotion.

Yes, I would rather TSA be scrapped. It is not THe Peoples job to provide security for private airlines. Let them ensure security. I bet they do a whole lot better protecting their multimillion dollar fleets than TSA would, and a whole lot cheaper.

Why do you want to see peoples rights stripped from them in the name of "The War On Terror"?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

TSA agents salary is like $27-$38K per year.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

I don't think many people are aware of what they are asking for...

What many of you are asking for is a societal free for all basically. Are you aware of what this society may look like as a result?

Would you rather the TSA be replaced with private security? If so you will go from being patted down by someone making $35k to someone making $19K. From personnel (TSA) required to pass a background check to possibly someone with no background check. If we went to private security, we wouldn't have these imagined incidents of molestation, we would have ACTUAL instances.

The situation is you either desire to live in this modern, restricted society or you desire to live in a anarchic, primitive society. This is the reason many of our Rights are being twisted or disregarded. Our society has become to sophisticated for our Constitution which was written 300 years ago.

Hey guess what? IT IS A FREE FOR ALL! DUHHH Why do you think there are people with bigger guns? Because everyone agreed on it? Use YOUR HEADS PEOPLE. You have been brainwashed into thinking the Federal Government is "good" and civilians are evil and dangerous. Civilians are all little children that need to be taken care of. Well i can take care of myself. And if they try and re-establish a worse TSA after the TSA is abolished than smart people will stand up and fight that too. And it goes on FOREVER AND EVER. You want to bend over because it's too hard? Man... how do you people even feed yourselves? What happens when the electricity turns off one day? Do you curl up in a ball and die? Understand that it is a TOTAL free for all and the only people that are looking out for you are people like you, your family and your friends.

Firstly i'm not pro-TSA...I really don't care.

Secondly, naw we're not living a free for all yet. Most people here bashing the government have no idea that the only thing that keeps/kept them from being food for wolves is the government. In fact, if not for the U.S. having a strong central government, mobsters and gangsters would have been enslaved and destroyed this country. Local and State governments would be useless against gangs (Bloods/Crips/Hells Angels/etc) who's members at one time numbered in the thousands. Cities wouldn't be able to put someone connected in prison because (California) if there weren't federal backing, a thousand thugs could show up at the prison and take who ever they want home.

So yeah, government is bad, but it is also the reason America has been able to become the power it once was. Make no mistake about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

$27,000 / 50 weeks = $540/week
$540 / 40 hours = $13.50 / hour.

Wow, I was waaaay off /end sarcasm.

. . . and what does this have to do with the claim that private airport security = primitive society?

Edit to Add : The government are the wolves, and we feed ourselves to them everyday in the form of taxes on labor, rising tyranny, and a continual loss of individual liberties.
edit on 5-7-2011 by DrZERO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

edit on 5-7-2011 by bullfinch because: ehhh, nevermind this cluster#

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Firstly i'm not pro-TSA...I really don't care.

Secondly, naw we're not living a free for all yet. Most people here bashing the government have no idea that the only thing that keeps/kept them from being food for wolves is the government. In fact, if not for the U.S. having a strong central government, mobsters and gangsters would have been enslaved and destroyed this country. Local and State governments would be useless against gangs (Bloods/Crips/Hells Angels/etc) who's members at one time numbered in the thousands. Cities wouldn't be able to put someone connected in prison because (California) if there weren't federal backing, a thousand thugs could show up at the prison and take who ever they want home.

So yeah, government is bad, but it is also the reason America has been able to become the power it once was. Make no mistake about it.

Government isn't bad. Bad is bad. It is a free for all. Friend, if it was as easy for a law abiding good person to get a gun as it was for a "crip" to get one.. believe me, they wouldn't stand a chance IN HELL. You think our federal government is the one keeping the crips and corruption from you door. I really think you need to open your eyes to how corrupt our current government is.. at all levels. It's particularly at risk right now because there is a large operation being carried out where your security and money are being traded for power. They are killing people in your name with your money. is that making you safer?

There is a problem when people think that all humans are inherently bad, and without bigger thugs protecting them from the smaller thugs, chaos would ensue. Well believe me.. thugs are not keeping you safe. You are cattle. they are getting what they want out of you. They are protecting you like a farmer protects his cattle. If a wolf is snooping around it will be shot, nice for the cows right? Except the farmer plans on eating them.

I'm telling you that you don't have to be eaten. You can be a farmer. You are a farmer. One that does not need to eat cows, You don't need to oppress or take away someone's freedom and liberty so you yourself can be free. Read history. it's all there for you. That is what America is. That is why there is no other country like it. It is founded on natural law. It is a free for all. But everyone needs to ensure the framework is kept clear of tyranny and corruption. And believe me.. that is what is happening. That is what you are seeing. People are saying NO WAY.

I will remain free at any cost. The safety of a prison is not freedom. Why settle for security? What are you alive for if not to experience total freedom and liberty. That is your natural state. You protect yourself and your freedom. No one does that for you.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hawkiye

Uhm yeah.. Because they are not comissioned, they are not subject to the same requiremnets as law enforcement is. Which includes the 4th amendment.

If you dont want to go through the security checkpoint, dont fly.

Your choice.

Get your head out of your ass. What if a private contractor hired by govt to treat drinking water but they were poisoning it? Would you say "So what, don't drink tap water."?

TSA agents work directly with police. If they find contraband during an illegal search, they will detain citizens for arrest

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Out of curiosity, would a CIA agent be a commissioned officer able to execute the law?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Could you explain to me then what exactly gives them the right to take on a position of security if they are not subject to the same standards that security agents all over the country are subject to? If the tsa can get away with it why can't I just go feeling on people after deeming myself and agent of security, surely due to the presidented information I am not subject to the law of a security officer so I can't be arrested right? Maybe that will be the excuse I make up when I caught in bed with your wife.... "Oh sorry I was just doing a cavity search, excuse my equipment. It's an issue of security."

I guess I should be thanking the TSA because now when I'm traveling I have a designated ball scratcher.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
In Iran, if you are a homosexual, you are imprisoned and then executed.

In Saudi Arabia, if you are a female, you cannot drive and you have no rights as a human being.

Under Shari'ah law, you are stoned for committing adultery.

When it comes to honor killings, a husband has the legal right to murder his wife if he suspects her of adultery.

In America, security personnel may accidentally grope you during a screening before you board a plane due to recent incidents involving attempted suicide bombers on planes.

Because of these procedures, Americans feel their rights have been not only violated, but stripped.

I guess my point is: Grow up and get over it. Some people are just so ungrateful when it comes to living in this country.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

A 4th amendment violation would occur if you are forced into a car at your house, forcibly brought to the airport, forcibly placed into a screening line and forcibly searched.

Agreed. Notice the bold.

Yup, and since you arent foricbly placed into the screening line, its voluntary = consent.

I must say, I like this statement... People are forcibly placed into screening lines. Anytime people go through an airport, they HAVE to go through the screening line to get to their plane? Correct, or incorrect? As such, this would mean they are forcibly placed into a screening line to board the plane they purchased a ticket for. Don't get me wrong Xcathdra, I agree with you on many things concerning LEOs. I know there are plenty good ones, as I have had many encounters with them. Only a few have been bad ones, but that is due to it being the same cop and he IS an a**. On this statement, however, I can't agree with you. If I want to get to Indiana from Texas, it is my right to do such in anyway I prefer. I prefer the quicker route. Flying would be the answer, back in the day. The TSA is impeding that to an extreme extent. They are only doing it as ordered by the Fed, but they have an obligation to ignore any order given that is not "right." That goes for LEO, Military and Federal Government employees. Just my opinion, that is all. No disrespect intended. Stay safe on the streets. There are many after you, and others, with badges.

*NOT me included**

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
In Iran, if you are a homosexual, you are imprisoned and then executed.

In Saudi Arabia, if you are a female, you cannot drive and you have no rights as a human being.

When it comes to honor killings, a husband has the legal right to murder his wife if he suspects her of adultery.

In America, security personnel may accidentally grope you during a screening before you board a plane due to recent incidents involving attempted suicide bombers on planes.

Because of these procedures, Americans feel their rights have been not only violated, but stripped.

I guess my point is: Grow up and get over it. Some people are just so ungrateful when it comes to living in this country.

In America, black people are second class citizens and women can't vote.

Because of these, Americans feel their rights have been not only violated, but stripped.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

What was the point of that? You do know women can vote now and blacks are treated equally (well, except in the south :lol
now days, right?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Rights are rights, was my point.

If you do not stand for what you feel are "lesser" rights, what makes you think you are going to stand against anything when it grows bigger?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Yes exactly my friend, it's gotten so much tighter since I last flew in 2005-I flew today from DC to ICT and it was an eye-opener. I usually choose not to fly when I travel because I don't like it in general, but boy do I really not like it now. My bag was unpacked twice; ICT & Dallas, because of the clay bud vase I had in my back pack. A gift for my brother's new mother-in-law...I was irradiated in Dallas and DC...I witnessed a 5 year old girl receiving a pat-down and it was revolting. Doing this to kids is just getting them ready for a life-time of this kind of crap. Folks like my mother, who accompanied me, are inconvenienced and certainly don't enjoy the process, however are resigned and say stuff like "well, it's better to be safe..." I feel that it's better to be free. I noticed grim passivity on most faces. Even TSA agents looked pretty grim and resigned, with a few exceptions, a few who seemed to "enjoy" it. That doesn't look or sound like free people. It reminds me of cattle being herded into the back of a semi.

I will not fly again. Choosing not to fly is fine with me personally. The searches are over the top and not effective. They made me empty my pockets and I forgot to check the one down on the leg of the pants and the x-ray let me in with a lighter. I bitched about it under my breath to Mum and shot them a bird while I was in the box, but I went through it like every other farm animal on the plantation. People at an air port raising hell might get some attention, but a letter?? It will take more than that to do away with this madness. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do such a job unless they were power tripping or getting some other perverse thrill. All of this, so the likes of Michael Chertoff can get richer.

I'm sorry for people who must travel for work. Things got a lot worse for you.

edit on 6-7-2011 by Pilot because: add

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If everyone(male) would take two viagras an hr beofre check in time,demand a opt out(pat dwn) then just stand there grinning,well...it may not chnage the procedures but it sure would lighten everyones mood a little.....the TSA agents are human like everyone else...some of them DO enjoy the power...like that woman in Detroit who made the virals awhile back and has now disappeared...she kept saying,as she roughly searched passengers'Ive got the power,Ive got the power"..over and over...she finally got her some authority and she was going to use it....Id like to show her a viagra boarding search

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Apokalypsis

If it offends you that anyone would take a wait and see attitude on this. Then you are looking to be offended.

Not offended. This is a forum.

Nothing anyone does either offends or surprises me any more.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join