It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Libertarians Call For Arrest Of TSA Agents

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The fourth will apply to any federal organization. There are plenty of loopholes though, and too much gray area surrounding the TSA. That causes a lot of confusion among the tin foil hat crowd, who view this as an infringment to their rights (even though hardly any of them probably fly enough to worry about it0 and think there is going to be a trickle down effect that will eventually impede tier freedom. I understand their point of view, I really do. I wish we lived in different times, but I live in something called modern reality, and don't live in some idealistic imaginary wonderland where there aren't groups of people out to kill innocent Americans.

reply to post by Deebo

Typical how a cop backs another... I hope your firearm jams when you need it most.
No need for a 2nd

That kind of idiotic statement against another member is uncalled for. If you want to wish other members dead, please do so on another forum, there are plenty out there that will embrace your ignorant sentiments.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I know you flew that one time a long while ago for a family vacation, and the rest of the time you spend on the internet claiming to know the answers to life, the universe and everything......

I've never flown with family, flown alone plenty though. I also love how you assume you know about me

But yeah, I do understand the laws just fine.

Obviously you don't since these laws are opposed to what you are claiming is fine.

Better than you because of what I do for a living.

Of course it is. Are you another cop?

The difference is, I don't care. I simply don't care.

That's what the Vatican did in WW2, they simply didn't care.

That's what the EU did during the genocide in Rwanda, they simply didn't care.

I could stay behind my keyboard and evangelize about things that don't affect my life like you, however I live in something called reality. And sometimes reality doesn't give two craps about the silly laws you sheepishly cling too.

You're a fascist that thinks he's above the law. Maybe it's because of your job that you feel you hold the power to judge laws but you aren't really. Laws are to be followed by you or any other jackass cop who pretends they know the law but they don't. Go on, tempt me more, it's your credibility going down the drain not mine.

Kinda like making a school zone a "gun free zone". Thank goodness they did that, that put a stop to all gun related school violence, huh? Either take all the guns away are give everyone a gun. There is no middle ground.

This is ridiculous. How in heaven's name can you have a job that requires you to fly all over the place when you demonstrate the intellectual property of a 16 year old that can't even construct proper analogies?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by MainLineThis

Flying is a RIGHT, not a privilege. Look it up … even here in this thread.

I am a Libertarian/Constitutionalist (laughs at people who say I do not know Constitutional law) and I would dare you to call me weak and scared to my face.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apokalypsis

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by Apokalypsis
This sounds like a publicity stunt by the libertarian party to garner public support. Doing this gives them the ability to say, "At least we tried. which is more than the other parties have done." It'll make for some good campaign speeches.

Yeah never mind that it is 100% true, accurate, and needs to be done. At least it will make for some good speeches... Sigh!

I agree. But will anything come of it? And did they believe anything would come of it when they wrote, and sent out the letter? Probably not. But nothing wrong with hoping otherwise.

A movement like this needs everyone on the same page in order to accomplish anything.
Not naysayers on the sidelines criticizing their motives and saying they will never get anything accomplished.
Libertarians fight for LIBERTY for Americans.
You won't find corporations running to back this party.
I don't understand the big surprise this group is defending our personal liberty to walk on a plane un-accosted unless you know nothing about the party.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So basically they are wanting to arrest every single employee that, in their eyes have comitted an offence ( sexual assault).
I dont live in the US so dont really know how bad you guys seem to think these people are, but they are getting payed to do a job. If they are federal employees, that would make their bosses responsible for their actions, as they are the ones who have trained them to do the job they are doing.
Whats next, arresting every single employee who does something in their line of work that some people see as an offence?
Maybe the poor old mailman will get lynched for trespassing..... come on people, its not gonna happen.
Obviously you guys seem to have a grudge against the TSA and i dont know if its justified or not as i dont have any first hand experience of them, but at the end of the day, they are being payed to do a job and i very much doubt they are getting any kicks out of what they do.
Would you like to get up close and hands on with a big fat ugly person with serious personal hygeine problems? Thats part of their job too......

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Before we get to over glazed about this. It's a letter, Thats it! It hasn't been filed in a court it has no legal binding and there fore holds nothing more than a neighbor giving another neighbor a letter about cutting their lawn. It is only posturing nothing more. If this was meant to be taken seriously they would have filed a suit against the Counties Sheriff for failure of civic duties. People fail to understand that a badge does not protect you against civil suits. Now a judge might..or will throw it out because they will never up hold the civilian up rise against government it would put their postion of power in question so you know how that will work out. But if enough suits get filed someone will be forced to act. These letters will do nothing with out legal binding.By filing a civil suit they can claim something???I can't think of the legal name. But basicly it would hold the Sheriff responsible for not up holding his constituional oath and also hold county municipals who reside over the sheriff resposible through knowing a violation is happening but failing to act. People use this all the time against law enforcement officers and their command because it holds who ever send the orders resposible and if they knowingly give orders that violate law they impliment themselves to some other law term. So this means nothing unless filed.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
The fourth will apply to any federal organization. There are plenty of loopholes though, and too much gray area surrounding the TSA. That causes a lot of confusion among the tin foil hat crowd, who view this as an infringment to their rights (even though hardly any of them probably fly enough to worry about it0 and think there is going to be a trickle down effect that will eventually impede tier freedom. I understand their point of view, I really do. I wish we lived in different times, but I live in something called modern reality, and don't live in some idealistic imaginary wonderland where there aren't groups of people out to kill innocent Americans.

reply to post by Deebo

Typical how a cop backs another... I hope your firearm jams when you need it most.
No need for a 2nd

That kind of idiotic statement against another member is uncalled for. If you want to wish other members dead, please do so on another forum, there are plenty out there that will embrace your ignorant sentiments.

How does it imply that I wish another dead? They do have many other weapons at their disposal ya know..I love cops, the Andy kind.... You embrace the corrupt ones? Is it not a fact that the TSA breaks the law? Is it not a fact that a said member here, stood up for said persons breaking the law? Would that not put them in the same boat?
We can all agree that the TSA is behaving unconstitutionally. Why would you defend an leo acting in the same way?

Deebo

edit on 5-7-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
So basically they are wanting to arrest every single employee that, in their eyes have comitted an offence ( sexual assault).
I dont live in the US so dont really know how bad you guys seem to think these people are, but they are getting payed to do a job. If they are federal employees, that would make their bosses responsible for their actions, as they are the ones who have trained them to do the job they are doing.
Whats next, arresting every single employee who does something in their line of work that some people see as an offence?
Maybe the poor old mailman will get lynched for trespassing..... come on people, its not gonna happen.
Obviously you guys seem to have a grudge against the TSA and i dont know if its justified or not as i dont have any first hand experience of them, but at the end of the day, they are being payed to do a job and i very much doubt they are getting any kicks out of what they do.
Would you like to get up close and hands on with a big fat ugly person with serious personal hygeine problems? Thats part of their job too......

"Just doing my job" was the defense that didn't work for the Nazi's at Nuremberg. Why would we allow that defense now?

As humans, we have a duty to treat each other reasonably. If we do not, what hope do we have for any semblence of freedom?.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
TSA = Team sexual assault. I hope they all burn. They treat soldiers the same way.... scum.

Deebo

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
I want someone to explain to me why it's OK for me to be man handled, but a Muslim woman does not have to submit to the same thing.

Because there is a significantly greater chance that their husband/family will retaliate?

Also, you don't want angry muslims getting on the plane right?

Oh, well then they don't have to fly. They can ..... drive, use a horse, or heck, find a private plane right? Cause THOSE are my options if I don't want to have some stranger touching me all over.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

If you dont want to go through the security checkpoint, dont fly.

I do get tired of such blatantly ignorant statements. I would rather be profiled than felt up. We should do it like the Israelis do it, and they are without incident for decades.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jetlife

I wish people would just boycott the airports. I know thats asking alot..I'm sure many many corporate Americans need to fly. But, if they would just take one week, just one week to boycott and not have half as many fliers as we have? you'd see this crap go away. My husband and I have already decided...with 2 girls ages 10 and 3? there is no way in hell we are flying anywhere. So we take trips where its not to awful to drive to. Actually, we enjoy it much better. We have our own car and don't have to worry about getting from point A to point B, nor a rental car fee. He thought I was a bit over reacting at first, till I showed him the video of the TSA agent with his hands down a 2 year old's diaper. He confessed, that should a complete stranger place their hands in the private areas of our children? he'd probably end up in jail. So, no flying for us...for any reason. We'll drive. I wish we could get alot more people on board with this. If the airlines saw they were losing money on this crap? you'd bet they'd start fighting to.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Can you just stop whining. TSA is here to stay. Learn and follow there rules and you wont get padded down. Now , if for some reason you cannot or refuse to be xray'd then they must pad you down. Its really very simple . Follow there rules and everything will be fine..... Your complaining about privacy, are you kidding me. Man up and stop being a bitch . And that goes for all members who can't take the heat.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Are you really comparing airport security to the mass genocide committed by the nazis?

Get a grip.

Security is there for a reason, if it was as bad as you seem to think it is nobody would use airports. How many people fly in the US daily, and how many complain?
I think a few people may just be overreacting slightly. If you can even remotely compare the TSA with nazi germany then you are living in a crazy little dream world. People have a choice wether they want to fly or not, whereas people affected by the genocide caused by the nazis did not.

Airport security is here to stay, and for good reason. Would you prefer that the TSA was scrapped and the job taken over by a private company that have no screening of their employees and really dont care who they employ?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

Are you really comparing airport security to the mass genocide committed by the nazis?

Actually, it can very well be compared to the "paper please" mentality of the Nazi empire. Up to this day people in this country that was occupied by Nazi Germany compare the ID-card mentality to the "paper please" mentality. And for a good reason, because it's simply apt. Period.

One can't compare it to mass genocide, that's the straw man that you made of it.

Have a good one, deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Get a grip

Don't build strawmen.

BFFT has made a good comparison. Deal with it.

Hey Tex,

How sad is it that a state can get away with doing NAZI stuff simply because the NAZIs did it?

The Government could be rounding people up and putting them in concentration camps and when you post about that online, some kid will come along and say: "Argument ad Hitlerum/ Reductio ad Hitlerum, your argument is therefore invalid..." or words to that effect and then prance about as though they made a salient point...

Does it make you sad?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Wusses? hahaha. You are the one apparently SOOOOOO scared of evil terrorists.

If they had an airline that had NO security, let me smoke and carry a gun onto it i would be the first in line.

People like you are so bold in your fear that you don't realize how absolutely spineless you really are. Do you actually believe the useless finger banging going on at these checkpoints is making anyone safer? Seriously?? Is that even up for debate? Get your head out of your arse.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The point i was trying to make is that airport security is a necessity, in no way is it comparable to the hurrendous crimes committed by the nazis. If you are trying to compare the use of passports/id cards to the way things were dealt with back then, it may be of interest to you that passports date back a few hundred years, yet the problem of them being checked by airport security has only come about now? I dont think so.
Would you honestly prefer to fly or travel anywhere without the knowledge that people being searched before hand may have prevented either you or one of your family being affected by some nutcase with a weapon? It doesnt have to be terrorists, it could just be some druggy that wants to rob you.
I think if its such a problem then their should be a choice of wether you want to travel on a flight where you dont need to be searched, or a flight where you do get searched.
Lets see how many people switch cues when they see the people that are getting ready to board the "unsearched" flight.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Wusses? hahaha. You are the one apparently SOOOOOO scared of evil terrorists.

If they had an airline that had NO security, let me smoke and carry a gun onto it i would be the first in line.

People like you are so bold in your fear that you don't realize how absolutely spineless you really are. Do you actually believe the useless finger banging going on at these checkpoints is making anyone safer? Seriously?? Is that even up for debate? Get your head out of your arse.

One quick question, would you still travel on this flight if you had a young family with you? I for one wouldnt risk my kids safety for the sake of not having to endure the horriffic search procedure supposedly handed out by the TSA.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1
reply to post by Nkinga

Can you just stop whining. TSA is here to stay. Learn and follow there rules and you wont get padded down. Now , if for some reason you cannot or refuse to be xray'd then they must pad you down. Its really very simple . Follow there rules and everything will be fine..... Your complaining about privacy, are you kidding me. Man up and stop being a bitch . And that goes for all members who can't take the heat.

You should man up and stop bending over every time daddy government wants his finger up your arse. Are you that spineless? How hard is it to say "HEY STOP BREAKING THE LAW SERVANT". Do you feel ashamed of your rights as a human? DO you really believe this is making you safer? Maybe the federal government should take your car away as you might get in an accident. Honestly, it is truly hard to understand the mentality of some of you people.

People are inherently good. Maybe we should all just stop with the fear and bullcrap. Maybe the government should get back to EMPOWERING people instead of dominating them. And guess how that will happen? STAND UP. IT'S EASY!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join