It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Libertarians Call For Arrest Of TSA Agents

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is what I see.

"Give me liberty or give me death.

Well, unless it's not convenient. Or unless I'm scared. Or unless the government tells me I should be scared. Or unless I'm in a hurry to be somewhere.

In those cases, give me convenience or give me Homeland Security."

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by hawkiye

Uhm yeah.. Because they are not comissioned, they are not subject to the same requiremnets as law enforcement is. Which includes the 4th amendment.

If you dont want to go through the security checkpoint, dont fly.

Your choice.

That would be option... but now they're in the bus and train stations. There are also calls for them to be on highways and in malls, churches and schools. So if I dont want to be sexually assaulted... stay in my house?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
They are just doing their job...
They are simply following orders...
I like money...
Go away! Baitin'!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jetlife

This is not a good message because the TSA agents are doing what they are told, but I see what the plan is.

They are testing the waters, the individual who wrote this letter is trying to target those at the bottom of the pyramid, if the TSA agents can be dealt with, then we can have some confident and climb the next of pyramid and go after their bosses.

Very interesting.

One thing people need to remember, you will never achieve anything political until you are more involved. You can't just sit at home, do a vote and expect everything to change, nothing will ever change, a vote will not change anything, you need to take more responsibility as a citizen.

The politicians know this, they are suppose to represent you, but they know the truth, they know you are not capable of anything more than a vote, they don't fear you, if they did, trust me, they wouldn't be molesting your children, they wouldn't be assassinating your fellow citizens, they wouldn't be arresting your citizens for telling the truth, they wouldn't be using your money to bail out the banksters, they wouldn't be going to wars in your name, killing, torturing and invading in your name, occupying in your name, hey, after all, they are your representatives.

Nothing will change until you take responsibility in to your own hands.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the day when the headline correctly reads...

Libertarians Arrest TSA Agents !

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My point of view is this:

I don't fly if I absolutely do not have to. Why? Because I disagree with the policies of the TSA. I do not wish to be touched. I do not wish to have my private parts touched by some TSA agent all in the name of safety. I do not agree with anyone who thinks the TSA is a necessity.

Did we have the TSA before 9/11? No we didn't. And lets be honest here, the TSA wouldn't have stopped the terrorists either. We had normal security procedures before 9/11 and there weren't any problems. To say that the TSA is necessary because of terrorism is ridiculous. They have failed every single test against them. They have let many "weapons" through their security. They have not, to date stopped any "terrorist plot". All they have succeeded in doing is groping a bunch of old women and children and patting themselves on the back. All their "backscatter x-ray" machines have done is to radiate people and make Michael Chertoff a ton of money. They haven't stopped anything or anyone.

The fact remains, the TSA is just another inept government agency. Their employees are incompetent thieves who have no sense of decency. Their "search" policies make absolutely no sense whatsoever. The people who stand behind the TSA and say it is a necessity are the same type of people who believed when Bush said "the evil doers hate us for our freedoms.". The TSA was not created to keep you or me safe. They were created to make money. Period. Anyone who really wanted to take down a plane is going to pack a bomb into the cargo hold or something. Not carry it on themselves. The whole "Underwear Bomber" was a joke itself. Who was the man who got the supposed bomber on the plane? Why was he allowed on the plane with no passport? Where was the TSA during all of this?

They don't keep you safe. They feel you up and steal your property. Period. They may get away with it right now, but the day is coming where the States are going to stand up to the Feds and end this nonsense. The states created the federal government, not the other way around. The states should be able to set the rules here. Perfect example is Texas. They were going to make the "enhanced" pat downs illegal and hold TSA agents accountable for their actions. But the Department of Justice stepped in and blackmailed Texas. They stated they would ground all flights in and out of Texas. That in itself is illegal. But they got to two politicians, and so they did away with the bill. Now New Hampshire is taking up action against the TSA. I hope they have more success.

Bottom line is the only thing we can do right now is not fly. Only by not flying, and making it known WHY you are not flying is going to do something. Enough people can make a strong voice. But I am afraid there are not enough people in this country willing to stand up for their rights. I don't think there should be NO security in an airport. But I don't feel it is necessary to be molested, or saturated with radiation, so a few people can feel safer. I shouldn't be forced to have these things done to me so that I can fly. But that is the way it is right now. And only we can make our voices heard to change these things. I myself have written to every senator and congressperson in New York state and explained my stance on this subject. I know its not much, but at least I am trying. What are YOU doing to change the situation?

Stating your views on ATS is good. But unless you get out there and really DO something, nothing will change.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
Yea, okay, let's arrest a bunch of people following orders from the government.

And then we'll have all kinds of fun like:

"Conservatives call for arrest of welfare office workers"
"Liberals call for arrest of US troops en masse"

Going after Joe Six-Pack making 12.00 bucks an hour patting down grandma isn't going to change things, folks. They probably like doing this just about as much as the general public.

Just to review, wiseguy:

Welfare office workers aren't committing sexual battery on the American public.
All of our troops aren't committing sexual battery on the American public.

If they don't like it, why don't they refuse to do it? You think there are other $12/hour entry level jobs these brainiacs could get that wouldn't involve jiggling strangers' marble bags if they were bothered by it? Apparently they DO like it.

edit on 4-7-2011 by AwakeinNM because: wonky grammar

edit on 4-7-2011 by AwakeinNM because: criiiipes!

edit on 4-7-2011 by AwakeinNM because: I give up

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Don't mind if I do.

Epic!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Hey buddy,
I just got in and read your post. You know, the one that hung you know who....
Great job. Keep it up!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
99% change starts with complaint, in case you didnt know.

and yet all we have in these forums is 99.9% of the people complaining..

And you do not see this as a sign of a real problem?

I understand you have an understanding of the legal code that has been provided to you by whoever commissioned you as an officer, as well as your continuing education. However, could it not be possible that your understanding is skewed in the favor of a government desiring to control its citizenry a little more than they should? I think many can agree that the government intrudes far, far too much in peoples lives. And I know you have mentioned things which you did not agree, but were laws that you must enforce. Do you not think it possible that although you go through your days doing your job conscientiously that your job may actually be meant as an arm of tyranny?

I really, really respect you and consider you a friend. You offered help to me during your own personal crisis, and this speaks volumes about the man you are (despite the anger you have directed at you in this thread...which I can say is not indicative of how I perceive you even though I disagree with most of your legal outlook).

It just seems to me that we have established legal precedent, via numerous court rulings, that the spirit of the law is far, far more important than the letter of the law. Now, you can say that the TSA is not a police force, and therefore cannot detain you. Yet we have seen video of this happening, and them threatening fines for a guy leaving and choosing not to fly. And we still have this little fact that the TSA's "grope and rope" is a federally mandated process. They may not be officers, but they are executing the law. We learned at Nuremburg that "following orders" is no excuse for atrocities.

Thus, it would seem that your assertion that those wanting the TSA "officers" imprisoned are hypocritical is moot. The TSA is violating our rights, whether they are commissioned officers. Fact is, there is a legal end around being perpetrated here against The People.

And you, yourself, admit that 99.9% of The People are complaining about this government and its actions (in one form or another). That, my friend, is the perfect sign that freedom and liberty has given way to tyranny and oppression.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
EMPTY---Thats all I can say.

I almost feel like one of the rulers looking down on the little people as I yawn and look at my illuminati schedule for tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So my question is, are we being purposusfully led down a path to evolution as individules by ruling forces... or are we excerzising our rights as individuals to be blazened by external influances such as the TSA to finally embrace our rights as individules and take bake our freedoms being lost to an elitist propiganda subjigated by the rich and powerfull.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Every little bit helps I suppose. We need a big ol' honkin' reset on the sort of protectionist legislation that created the TSA and that has become pervasive at every level government.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Who are not comissioned officers. Secondly you voluntarily agree to the screening process by going through it. The different I am pointing out, that you missed in the academy, is you are free to leave the airport and take another form of travel if you dont want to submit to the security screening.

Last time I was in an airport there were signs that said once you pass this point and set in line to be searched you can't leave..you don't have the right to walk out. So your wrong there...The 4th amendment applies to everyone no matter what. If your not a sworn officer then you have no right to have your hands on anyone anyway and if you are you still have to follow the Constitution of the US plus the one for whatever state your working for unless your a federal employee (which is what we're discussing). Better go back to your drawing board cause I think we all see through your lame tactics here!

The problem is you guys dont know the difference between a search, a patdown, which is what the TSA does, and an assault.

Well the TSA don't do pat downs...In a pat down they aren't allowed to do anything but pat your exterior to feel for weapons. Not irradiate you with scanners and strip you or touch you in the manner they do. I have yet to have a cop do that ever and I know they are trained not to so how do you figure TSA agents are constitutionally allowed to?

I just think your either a very misguided individual or a straight up paid shill either way I'm pretty sure it's obvious to us here that your very wrong about 95% of the bullshi** you have spouted in this thread

Anyone wondering should read through this thread and compare the posts from Xcathdra How to find a shill
edit on 4-7-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

reply to post by jetlife

The TSA is not comissioned law enforcement, and because of that they are not subject to the same laws as commissioned law enforcement is, specifically when dealing with searching people and belongings as they pass through the airport.

That means it is a double whammy, because commissioned law enforcement have certain legal protections because they are commissioned law enforcement agents.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
99% change starts with complaint, in case you didnt know.

and yet all we have in these forums is 99.9% of the people complaining..

And you do not see this as a sign of a real problem?

I understand you have an understanding of the legal code that has been provided to you by whoever commissioned you as an officer, as well as your continuing education. However, could it not be possible that your understanding is skewed in the favor of a government desiring to control its citizenry a little more than they should? I think many can agree that the government intrudes far, far too much in peoples lives. And I know you have mentioned things which you did not agree, but were laws that you must enforce. Do you not think it possible that although you go through your days doing your job conscientiously that your job may actually be meant as an arm of tyranny?

I really, really respect you and consider you a friend. You offered help to me during your own personal crisis, and this speaks volumes about the man you are (despite the anger you have directed at you in this thread...which I can say is not indicative of how I perceive you even though I disagree with most of your legal outlook).

It just seems to me that we have established legal precedent, via numerous court rulings, that the spirit of the law is far, far more important than the letter of the law. Now, you can say that the TSA is not a police force, and therefore cannot detain you. Yet we have seen video of this happening, and them threatening fines for a guy leaving and choosing not to fly. And we still have this little fact that the TSA's "grope and rope" is a federally mandated process. They may not be officers, but they are executing the law. We learned at Nuremburg that "following orders" is no excuse for atrocities.

Thus, it would seem that your assertion that those wanting the TSA "officers" imprisoned are hypocritical is moot. The TSA is violating our rights, whether they are commissioned officers. Fact is, there is a legal end around being perpetrated here against The People.

And you, yourself, admit that 99.9% of The People are complaining about this government and its actions (in one form or another). That, my friend, is the perfect sign that freedom and liberty has given way to tyranny and oppression.

Wow, Great post tex!

Breath of fresh air in this whole thread!

It sure is a sign of a major problem going on here... We indeed, are the frogs in the pot about to be cooked... Just seeing how much we will take before enough is enough

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

If you don't want to get irradiated or groped, don't fly.
then:
If you don't want to get irradiated or groped, don't take a train.
then:
If you don't want to get irradiated or groped, don't take a bus.
then:
If you don't want to get irradiated or groped, don't drive.
then:
If you don't want to get irradiated or groped, don't leave your house.

They're already onto trains. When are you going to wake up and be on the right side of this, to fight this destruction of freedom.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Uhm yeah.. Because they are not comissioned, they are not subject to the same requiremnets as law enforcement is. Which includes the 4th amendment.

Your choice.

reply to post by hawkiye

Your choice.

Um, yea (stupid way to start a sentence, isn't it? It's not like you're talking in person, Ace), the Constitution say's nothing about "commissioned" or not "commissioned", it says we have the right to security in our persons, effects and homes. Period. It is NOT pre-conditioned. Otherwise all businesses could hire "non-commissioned" agents to search and x-ray every person that came through the door. How long do you thing that would last, Einstein?
edit on 4-7-2011 by General.Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Can we please avoid using the word 'breaking' in the title? Because this is in the breaking alternative news subforum, we already know that it's breaking news.
You don't need to remind us. At the start of every thread I post I don't put what subforum it's in at the start of the title.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
i find it amazing that some folks just dont understan private property on private property:

My body, my spit, my breath, and my blood are exactly that... MINE, ITS MY PROPERTY,
you cannot touch me, or take anything from me without my consent, it belongs to me...

the TSA does not own you body on "private or public" 'property'... you have the right to travel freely
in this country, we did fine without them there is no reason for them, TSA is a coercement...
its a show of force, they violate people and THEIR belongings, under the guise of being secure on an
airplane, but there is no such thing as 100% security, its a FARCE! they are perpetrating a FRAUD...

at our tax payer expense, via federal funding, at a time where we are trying to cut funding,
we'll cut teachers but the TSA gets to stay... America is Sham... its people are weak
their sense dulled to the point of delusion, at a loss of self worth...

the average American't or muslim is not a terrorist... If anything this should only be going on,
through customs and international flights, that would be a bit more understandable, not every damn flight
every damn day in every damn city... WE THE PEOPLE, are not free, and some seem to forget the under lying
Fourth branch of government, WE THE PEOPLE...
edit on 5-7-2011 by nvprose1 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join