It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today is the birth of our Republic and of a President.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Seems funny to me that you all assume no one died from drinking these poisons BEFORE Cal upped the amount of additives in them.

People die from drug overdoses and alcohol poisoning all the time.

That doesn't give the govt the right to step in and add ``more`` poison to it, just because it's already harmful. How many tenths of a second do you think before you post this nonsense?

So basically your MO is to pick one line out of a reply and respond to it. Typical.

You are still failing to even acknowledge that these were INDUSTRIAL CHEMICALS that were designed to be poisonous to begin with.

Bottom line is, you are simply looking to complain. When you feel like actually having a conversation, and actually address the arguments being made, we can continue.

I'll ask for a third time-if you drink nail-polish remover, and die, were you murdered? Or were you stupid for ingesting a chemical that was not meant to be ingested?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So basically your MO is to pick one line out of a reply and respond to it. Typical.

I don't like wasting my time.

Bottom line is, you are simply looking to complain. When you feel like actually having a conversation, and actually address the arguments being made, we can continue.

No, I'm just pointing out that he wasn't that great. The fact that he ordered an industry to do something should be enough to make people not like him, him being a murder is an added bonus.

I'll ask for a third time-if you drink nail-polish remover, and die, were you murdered? Or were you stupid for ingesting a chemical that was not meant to be ingested?

If I drunk nail polish remover and died that would be my fault, but if I drunk nail polish remover on a regular basis and had no problems doing it and all of a sudden the govt stepped in and mandated that a posion be added to the nail polish remover -- that would be the govts fault.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Any way you look at it he perpetuated prohibition which was against the will of the people, with or without the deaths by poison.

edit on 4-7-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I don't like wasting my time.

No, I'm just pointing out that he wasn't that great. The fact that he ordered an industry to do something should be enough to make people not like him, him being fact a murder is an added bonus.

If I drunk nail polish remover and died that would be my fault, but if I drunk nail polish remover on a regular basis and had no problems doing it and all of a sudden the govt stepped in and mandated that a posion be added to the nail polish remover -- that would be the govts fault.

1)No, you seem to like wasting the time of others.
2)There is no 'fact' that makes him a murderer.
3)Well, acetone is poison. Some nail-polish remover is all natural and non-toxic. By your logic, those companies that use acetone are in the wrong, because theirs have a poisonous additive in it.

Truth be told, this is silly. You are twisting the facts as though this was done with the intent to poison people, when the fact of the matter is, it was done to make it more difficult to extract the alcohol.

But hey, who needs those pesky things called facts? Much easier to spew falsities and negativity.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As you have your BBQ's and enjoy your fireworks today nestled warmly in the illusion of freedom, say a prayer for the thousands of our sons and daughters in uniform. They are being killed and injured so that the corporate sociopathic machine can maximize profits. It has nothing to do with protecting "We The People", it has to do with corporate profits. Wake up and smell the BULLSH$T!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Ah, the ol "It's bad because it's illegal because it's bad!" circular argument.

Usually they only appear in page 2 of Misoir's threads.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Ah, the ol "It's bad because it's illegal because it's bad!" circular argument.

Usually they only appear in page 2 of Misoir's threads.

Care to show me where I made that argument? I certainly dont recall doing so.

My argument is that the additives were upped to make it harder to extract the alcohol, and nothing more.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Come on now. If people are trying to get drunk off of industrial chemicals, they deserve what they get.

My sister likes to inhale compressed air, if Obama ordered compressed air manufactures to put poison in their product -- would he not be responsible for killing the people who like to inhale compressed air?

Absolutely not.
The one's inhaling the compressed air would be. It's called personal responsibility. It goes along with knowing what's dangerous and what's not. If you like the taste of bleach in small amounts, would you sue or demonize Clorox if you got sick? Things which aren't meant for human consumption are just that. Not meant to be inside you. Once you decide to ingest it, you're responsible for the effects.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join