It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Them and Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Failblog.org

Just found this on a casual surf and would like to say I found it unbelievable but the state of the world over my lifetime means that it is all too believable. I studied Sutherland many years ago and as a young ne'r do well from social housing I found his work quite eye opening. Even then without the massive charge to the trough we see now white collar crime has always been the most costly.
Or as Mario Puzzo put it 'A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with machine guns'
edit on July 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: fixed link...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The difference between the ceo and the 100 bill thief was the violence. Robbery, is theft with violence. Even though no one got hurt and no weapon was produced, the teller was motivated by the individual insinuating a possibility of a weapon..

White collar crime though, is pretty interesting. There are FAR too light of sentences handed out for white collar crimes. I don't think the amount ever matters, its the involved. When the gov't gets ripped off dudes go to prison for a VERY long time. When a business is ripped off the sentences always seem lighter.

ANYWAYS... The wool may not be pulled over our eyes for some big NWO depopulation event after all. While most people go to work, live their lives, other people worry and watch "big brother" for these weird theories, the bureaucrats and associated businessmen are sneaking around the back doors carrying briefcases of money. .

IT is greed that spins our current state. There is no room for greed in this NWO stuff that theories call for. haha.

edit on 4-7-2011 by Demoncreeper because: add stuff

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

No something appears to have messed up, will try remedy that.
deux

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Can't get link to work to the article I wanted to highlight. On the article's basis I was in the right forum as it juxtaposed two criminal sentences. In the first instance the CEO of a mortgage firm was sentenced to 40 months for one of the biggest corperate frauds in the officials words, some $3 billion and in the second instance a homeless man was given 15yrs for stealing $100 from a bank. I thought it quite a worthy thread but cannot unfortunately link to it.

edit on 4/7/11 by goldentorch because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/7/11 by goldentorch because: spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
LOL link works
This was my favorite

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81c41f8bc0b1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

The link was to attempt to link to something more serios but I can't get it to work *shrugs shoulders* meh we'll have a chuckle instead

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

LOL I got several chuckles out of the redirect
is what youre looking at an image? maybe save it and upload it to ats? let me try to click that insanely long link you put up.... aw you changed it

keeps taking me here work.failblog.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

How did you get the link? For the rest of the site we keep getting directed to the more comedic articles

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Demoncreeper got to the thread somehow. I put the embed code in then I tried just right clicking with the link location. Must be failblogs fault. Anyway if we gained a few chuckles out of the chaos nothing lost eh.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I do so agree especially with America's levels of violent crime and of course we don't know the robbers track record, that's why I tried to emphasise the White Collar crime aspects of it rather than any sympathy for the felon. Messed the post up all round. Think I'll get myself a damp cloth and go lie down in a darkened room.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

sorry man, I really should've read your post more carefully before I clicked the link - now on the comedic redirect I'm 6 pages in - its really funny

maybe Demon can give us a better link? I feel bad ♥

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

That's what I love about the web there's just so many tangents. I sometimes follow the vids links on youtube and you can end up in some right places.

top topics

join