It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous: Defenders of Truth, Justice, and... oh wait

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSensible

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
Blimey, if Anonymous' actions make them terrorists, I wonder what that makes some of the governments around the world!

I think you make an interesting point here. And yes, I think by either of our definitions, many governments fit into the terrorist category.

So then the question becomes, do you fight terrorists with more terrorists? I hate to think that's the only choice we have.

edit on 5-7-2011 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

You also make a good point. I certainly think that whilst Anonymous' actions are largely good in motives, I think their methods can sometimes be questionable.

I also think labeling them as terrorists may be a stretch too far. "Terrorism" seems to be a word that TPTB fit to their own agenda, as it is pretty loose, but on the scale of things I have seen no real "terror" caused by Anonymous.

Also, the main problem with Anonymous is that they are just that - Anonymous. Anyone can be Anonymous, anyone can dress themselves up as Anonymous and carry out "hacks" in their names.
There are two sides to this though and the fact they're anonymous is also a good thing. It means no leadership and no centralization of power.

There are a lot of sides to this, and I understand why people are dubious of them. It could be debated for pages and pages and we'd probably get nowhere.

I guess we just have to wait and see where this all leads. We'll find out soon enough.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

Fair enough. But to ignore it and pretend it didn't happen is idiotic. Was it sponsored by AnonOps? I couldn't find anything supporting that it was.

SFA437 has addressed the true events involved with Ms Slaughter and Anons non-involvement, I see no point in repeating the same.

However, these same people that were responsible are likely still members of the group in some way.

This goes to the heart of the problem I have with you, "likely still members", you are trying to "educate" people on the actions of Anon via wild speculation based on misinformation - "likely" - no proof so just throw out something that makes them seem negative to prove my point?

people are putting too much faith in a group that is extremely, for lack of a better word, shady.

Again with your speculation, "shady", so instead we should put our faith in the shady person on the interwebz enlightening all to the evil that is Anonymous by deception and speculation?

I'm simply here to spread the truth about an organization that does not have people's best interest at hearts, though they are always saying they do.

When are you going to start with the truth part?

So far it has been intentional deception in order to paint a group that you obviously do not understand as wrong or evil.

How do you know they do not hold the people's best interests at heart?

Is it that they have not conformed to your own individual ideology?

That "individual" part is the stickler, you see by utilizing the collective they can come to a more generalized consensus that is more representative of the larger population.

Steal people's business emails.

Aaron Barr of HBGary Federal was warned ahead of time, he chose to escalate and met with escalated tactics, in doing so they revealed the practice of the Chamber of Commerce, various corporations, and various Governmental agencies that enlisted the practice of establishing fake accounts on social media sites to gather intel on a particular target, then utilize that information in the form of blackmail to coerce other individuals or companies into ceding to their will.

Since Hoglund was deemed to not be involved, his information was kept out of it.

Hoglund, Barr and Hoglund’s wife Penny, president of HBGary, tried to negotiate with the hackers via phone and chats to get the company’s data taken down, stating that Hoglund’s e-mails shouldn’t be exposed because he has little to do with HBGary Federal and that disclosure of some of the data would cost his company millions of dollars. The group ultimately agreed to remove links to the published e-mails for this reason
Your Source

Steal people's private emails.

The motivation for the attack comes from political reasons. Anonymous believes the Arizona Police force is encouraging racism and, among other accusations, has claimed it perpetrates "brutality and torture." Read more: www.electronista.com...

This group is sh*tting all over people's basic rights everywhere you look and calling it fair play. It is internet terrorism

Pretty broad brush you're using, as usual. Dramatic much?

Look I'm trying really hard not to troll out and get silly with you, but you're making it difficult when you yourself are starting to troll and bait.

If we could stick to facts instead of the biased speculation, please.

Does the actions of a few really speak to the actions of the many?

As I stated before due to the wide and varied makeup of the Anonymous collective, there will be people that do less than legal actions, as people do offline as well.

In the beginning was the collective more unorganized and immature, absolutely, but so was my son at one point and with age and experience he matured, so too has Anonymous.

I don't believe that you are still the crying and whining infant that kept your parents up at night, you changed with time (I would imagine, speculation there).

At this point in time, the collective is trying to specifically target TPTB, to strike at those that try to enslave humanity through various actions and tactics, utilizing the medium they know best, but involving non-violent offline protests as well.

It's a campaign to educate the rest of the people that are still asleep, the same thing that people on this site do, just the have the medias attention so can reach a larger audience.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Did anyone read any of the other things I posted besides the Jessi Slaughter part in my original post? I find this strange as it was easily the shortest part.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

Yes we did.

You however chose to make up falsehoods regarding Anonymous' actions in regards to the Slaughter drama. I addressed those falsehoods.

You restated them and suggested I refer to Know Your Meme, which was a link in your OP, which disproved your assertions in regards to Anonymous and Slaughter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join