I am an American.

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ahh today is the 4th of July, and I may possibly be the happiest man in this country. Looking back at the last couple months of my life proves that I wouldn't live anywhere else in the world.

I have a wonderful career serving my community, in the capacity of a FF/EMT. I love it, it has its bad days and good days but I wouldn't change it.

Last night after working a 24 shift, I came home and enjoyed grilled brats and cold beer with my family.

Father's Day Weekend, I went to MIS to enjoy the NASCAR races for the weekend, got to see the A-10 Warthogs do a fly-over.

A few weeks ago at work, I help an old man who had fallen, after getting him all set we talked for a bit, I learned he was a WWII vet, he was so pleased with our work and professionlism with him(plus he liked my military style haircut) that we chatted for a bit, and he told me of some of his adventures with the 82nd Airborne.

A month ago I purchased a shotgun, and took it home, cleaned it, locked it up and got it ready for the fall hunting season.

This all may seem silly and this thread may not have any replies but I don't care, thats part of the beauty of this country.

I am an American, and God Bless America and Happy 4th of July




posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Good for you!

Did you ever travel outside of the US?



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You will get at least one reply. Thanks for the great post showing just a few of the things that make this country wonderful. I am proud to be an American too. I'm grateful to have all of the freedoms we have and enjoy the lifestyle that we have. This day is the birth day of the greatest nation on earth.



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABWarrior58
Ahh today is the 4th of July, and I may possibly be the happiest man in this country. Looking back at the last couple months of my life proves that I wouldn't live anywhere else in the world.

I have a wonderful career serving my community, in the capacity of a FF/EMT. I love it, it has its bad days and good days but I wouldn't change it.

Last night after working a 24 shift, I came home and enjoyed grilled brats and cold beer with my family.

Father's Day Weekend, I went to MIS to enjoy the NASCAR races for the weekend, got to see the A-10 Warthogs do a fly-over.

A few weeks ago at work, I help an old man who had fallen, after getting him all set we talked for a bit, I learned he was a WWII vet, he was so pleased with our work and professionlism with him(plus he liked my military style haircut) that we chatted for a bit, and he told me of some of his adventures with the 82nd Airborne.

A month ago I purchased a shotgun, and took it home, cleaned it, locked it up and got it ready for the fall hunting season.

This all may seem silly and this thread may not have any replies but I don't care, thats part of the beauty of this country.

I am an American, and God Bless America and Happy 4th of July



Enjoy it while you can because how things are going in America, this may be your near future:

1) Future cuts to EMT's; massive lay-offs due to budget cuts.

2) ^^ No money from EMT wages = no more money to buy beer or Brats to cook up on the grill.

3) No more watching NASCAR, as they wont be able to run due to skyrocketing fuel costs.

4) No more shotgun because of idiot politicians who think all guns are dangerous and that we all need to be protected from them.

Whoo-hoo, the new [color=cyan]America!!



Still happy??!! C'mon, wake up, and get a grip!!
edit on 4-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
yes I do travel outside of the US for contract work I do outside of my full time job. Yes there will be cuts to EMT'S but that is because they come a dime a dozen. Im a Firefighter EMT working at a fire department, and currently in paramedic training so I will be fine with that, as for EMT wages they have always been at the minimum wage mark. Yea skyrocketing fuel costs have damaged nascar but trust me if they can still run thousands of races a year i think its ok so far, and as for buying shotguns its in the constitution they can make it as hard as they want I'm still gonna buy it



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ABWarrior58
 


A happy post! The first in a bit it seems.

Keep the positive vibes going and have a Happy 4th!



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers
 


god bless america, although it doesnt seem like the country I was born in anymore



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
At least we have the opportunity to work on Retooling America. I like that part of being American. I hate the people that want to be an elected official though. Somethings wrong with them out the gate for even running.

I like the Fouth better then Xmas or Thanksgiving personally.

Not because I'm an overzealous flag waving sumabitch...

Babyback Ribs,Brats,and Hot Wings ALL day brings the best out of people.

AND fireworks..... Pretty good stuff.



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I thought it was a nice post until the NASCAR bit. What's so good about watching cars turn left sometimes?



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Amen OP!!! FF/EMT's are part of what make this Country great. Have a great 4th everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ABWarrior58
 


Well,we Americans do not celebrate the "4th of July".

We do celebrate Independence Day which falls every year on the 4th of July.

Do not marginalize the day by referring to it it by its date of celebration.

Thank you for your service to the country and to your present service to your community.

reply to post by pplrnuts
 


NASCAR does not worry about the price of fuel.It is donated and formulated by the oil company that has exclusive use contract with NASCAR.

EMT services will never be cut or curtailed.

The PTB will cut every other service before they eliminate these needed services.



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetlife
reply to post by snewpers
 


god bless america, although it doesnt seem like the country I was born in anymore

Things went downhill when you no longer wanted to be governed from London



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
I thought it was a nice post until the NASCAR bit. What's so good about watching cars turn left sometimes?


then I would say you've never been to one, watching on tv is boring even I can admit that, but being there is alot of fun, its the atmosphere. Kinda like golf, i like playin gold but i cant stand seeing it on tv.

Independence day is the better term yes, but the overall idea of this thread is I celebrate everyday as an American



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Originally posted by Bixxi3
I thought it was a nice post until the NASCAR bit. What's so good about watching cars turn left sometimes?


That's just a funny line. Never mind if you like car racing.



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
but thats the whole point of this thread, if you like watching cars drive in circles or whatever, do what you love



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If you didn't have a job like the most of us you would be pissed off at the world. Happy Independence day...



posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW
 


I won't argue with you on that one, but evaluate the reason why some are out of work, is it lack of educatiion or training? Is it a dying field? Were you jobs shipped away thanks to Clinton?





top topics
 
4

log in

join