It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deforestation threatens Brazil's Indians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Deforestation threatens Brazil's Indians

nos.nl

(translated from Dutch MSM)

In Brazil, a weekly Indian resident of the Amazon region gets killed. Harassment of logging companies, who believe that the Indians - often illegal - thwart logging. Lately, the pressure on the Indians continued to increase. And that's because the law against logging Brazil may soon be relaxed. The Bororo Indians - who have a protected status - have a hard time in their reserve
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
I am just sick of this.

Its like slaying the Indians just like what happened in America.
This is sick and painfull to my stumach.

In the video one woman commented. He they don't contribute anything.
By the way if someone understands the language spoken in the vid( not the Dutch), perhaps we could get a more accurate translation.

We got to do something. People with money and power are behind this.
Whats the value of human life?

nos.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
Ive translated myself whats in the vid, via those text balloons.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

I agree, this is sick and sad. I know humanity has been stealing land from others for eternity, but there are not many primitive areas left. We would wish that we are at the point of realizing that enough is enough, and there is not much left to save. It should be a no brainer to leave these areas and their people alone, but corporate greed and human expansion always win. Pretty soon there will no longer be any untouched civilizations, and there history will be erased for ever.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

So terrible. I agree. This not only threatens them it threatens the planet and all of us.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You know what?
They are just not going to learn. Not at all.

These people are our kin...power and greed rules over family. Glad to know that we live in a world full of absolutely fantastic people. Not.

I wish we could somehow open people's eyes...you're killing humans, how do you feel? How can people live with that? How could they even do that?

I am just so sick and tired of our reckless behaviour.
edit on 4-7-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

These people are our kin...power and greed rules over family.

Exactly. And the way they attempt to divide us is by calling them Indians while calling you something else and me another term.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
How much of the rainforest has been cut down vs how much is actualy left?

Sure its probably not the smartest idea in the world to rape this part of the world, but you would be surprised what little impact deforestation actualy has when taking into account how vast the rainforest actualy is.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

We're destroying medicines, our oxygen supply, and most importantly lives, lives of humans, and other animals.

Also, although we have deforested drastically,no it's not completely gone, but it's not going to stop, and eventually the entire rain forest will be gone.

By destroying nature we are destroying our selves.
www.globalchange.umich.edu...

edit on 4-7-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Really?

And at current rates, when will the Rainforest cease to exist?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Well I guess you forgot all the other points I brought up but.....
2060 is what I read. But that's at the current rate, so it's unrealistic, humans are always multiplying and expanding. De forestization will increase a lot.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well im off the understanding at current rates, theres at least another 100 years of rainforest left to cut down, and as far as im aware, rates have been reducing. Depends what sources you use of course, seems all a bit of a minefield of data.

Sorry to ignore your other points, i appreciate them and all that, but im concernd with the sustainability of the rainforest and why it happens, something most people choose to ignore because some native tribes are being displaced within 2 billion acres of rainforest. There is plenty of it you know, i know its harsh, but well thats just the way it is. It could be worse, we could just bomb them like we do with brown people.

But as farming is essentialy to blame for this deforistation, what in your honest opinion will benefit humanity more?, a rainforest, or highly proffitable and productive farms?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Maybe from a short term prospective farms, but maybe not we don't really know what we're destroying to make those farms, could have slashed and burned the cure for cancer for all we know. But long term definitely the rain forest. oxygen, balance of the ecosystem, medicine, cools down the Earth, etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Really?

And at current rates, when will the Rainforest cease to exist?

I have heard 20 years.

But as farming is essentialy to blame for this deforistation, what in your honest opinion will benefit humanity more?, a rainforest, or highly proffitable and productive farms?

This is a no brainer.
Surprised anyone has to ask.
edit on 4-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The sad part is alot of countries like brazil know what they are doing is wrong, yet its there only or main source of income for the country, sad times we live in.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

i feel very sad about what those behind the curtains are doing in south america

you see this goes along with my reasoning... during the fuedal ages the few wanted to control the many. so they had to make the many feel like they could not take care of themselves, this was hard to do seeing how we could easily hunt for our own food and fend for ourselfs.

so they created castles with huge walls to keep the people 'safe'... the people developed mentality that they would rather be in the safety there than fend for themselves alone in the woods, so they felt compelled to follow the religion and rules within the walls.

people like robin hood were a prime threat because robin hood taught living off the land etc etc...

then they found america, within no time they have cut down all inhabitable areas in north america and turned it basically into the next large castle. all areas of forest that remain are illegal to survive in or unable to sustain life.

what i'm saying is eventually the goal is to turn the planet into one giant city. therefor with no plants naturally growing to survive off of, and no place to live that isn't a city, the only possible way a person can survive is to 'work for the machine'

complete control.

south america is slowly being deforested, be sure of that as fact. it will eventually join the rest of the western world in the slaverly of human kind.

if the indians get in way, well, we al remember the iroquios league.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My response to this kind of stuff has always been to scratch my head. I mean, is the rainforest that small that these loggers can't go some place else? These people have been in the same place for generations, and that's the area they know. They depend upon this knowledge for their survival. It's not like you're going to run into a tribe of natives five miles outside of Rio. You have to get pretty deep before you find a lot of them.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Low-labor cost in Brazil. It is the new China.

People should pay attention to the global marketplace that drives consumer cost and the fake economic eco-system.

If humanity demanded human rights versus low price gadgets, we wouldn't have these issues.

Corporations own Earth and the read-only society, called humanity, is happy to let it continue.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Who are the illegal landowners in Brazil?
Who are what pays them?
Where are the landowners connected too?

What is the line to be crossed,how many will be shot to clear land?

Is this the same as genocide on micro scale?

Are there mail addresses from other tribe's? They need help in Brazil, I cant do nothing.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I thought deforestation had come to an end? recycling cardboard* i was under the impression, thats pretty much where we were today. guess not! man thats sick. i concur with the other member here, saying we are destorying our oxygen supply, cures for diseases, ect..totaly concur, thats how i always looked at it. ive planted tress, even when i was young. jsut felt good n the right thing to do.
ever see pics , at least from the 70's n 80's of the bulldozers plowing down trees? SICK!!! and what makes me sick, is on channel 47 sometimes, thiers a loggers show , been on a year or so. history channel* extreme loggers, soemthing like that,. its like thier exploiting it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join