It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 4th Downtime...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I don't know who "they" are. I was up at about 1AM getting my conspiracy fix on. When every link started taking me to the men in black page or ATS police. What ever you wanna call it. Then underneath the picture it said that things weren't going as planned.

Then something about their headquarters or home office at Langley.

I know that for the past few days there have been a lot of threads about ATS being a CIA front.

But I guess since you didn't see it, then it didn't happen right?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That is the best. I do believe I have acted that way a time or two.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tnewguy
reply to post by jerryznv

I don't know who "they" are. I was up at about 1AM getting my conspiracy fix on. When every link started taking me to the men in black page or ATS police. What ever you wanna call it. Then underneath the picture it said that things weren't going as planned.

Then something about their headquarters or home office at Langley.

I know that for the past few days there have been a lot of threads about ATS being a CIA front.

But I guess since you didn't see it, then it didn't happen right?

Don't be mean now...I was on every minute this was going down last night...I did see it.

Maybe read my post before this one...stay on track friend!

Did it maybe occur to you that page was put up by the SO...I mean seriously?

Whatever though...carry on with your allegations...it's quite entertaining really!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Nothing serious. I just thought it was funny. ATS police are not known for having a sense of humor.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thov420

He probably meant RAID 10

Read more about it on the inevitable ubiquitous Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tnewguy
Nobody notice the Langley, VA massege below the men in black?

I know that sometimes, when we describe the reasons for downtime, the technical jargon can be a bit over some people's heads.

We, in the industry, refer to what you saw as "humor."
edit on 4-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
For every joke, there's someone who needs it explained.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Got it, one of the hard drives decided to stage its own reenactment of the Revolutionary War by declaring itself independent from the server. Well wishes to the rebellious drive although I don't think it will fair as well as the US did.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Yup.

Confirmed frog death after reading that.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
oh thank god that it already happened while I was asleep
I got really scared for a second there! ♥

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I could not sleep last night.........and ATS was down for what seemed forever
Guess that is where a book comes in handy

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
With the outage last night, I was forced to do something. I went kicking and screaming, but I had to do it. It was around 1:30 am pacific time... I was desperate.. I had to do it. . other choices were few.

I visited another website

If I try not to think about the site being down, it is almost like it never happened. (only in my mind ).

I just now realized how addicting your little website is, maybe I have a problem,

Knowing I have a problem is the first step..

Anyways glad the solid stater got replaced..

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I could not sleep last night.........and ATS was down for what seemed forever
Guess that is where a book comes in handy

books?

Those are so... 20th century...

I went to a Steely Dan concert in Portland Or. last night.

Afterward I stumbled back to my room [staying in Portland for fireworks tonight
] I got all comfy in my jammies ready to pry back all the mysteries of the Universe only to find that..

ATS was down!

edit on 4-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So we were in the ATS Chat room during the shut down chatting as usual when *BAM* the site went down. Chat was unaffected because it is on a separate server, but we were able to check and keep on top of what was happening. The screen that came up was this...

It sparked a conversation as to what was a Langley Va. Most of us knew the CIA is there but a couple of people said the FBI. So we went to Wiki to check it out and guess what we find....

Is there any Question now that ATS is associated with the CIA?
Of course not! Wiki was ALTERED for the pic, by a member, out of boredom, while we waited for the issues to be resolved, but it was Hilarious and I thought I would share.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
SO Darn it you take all the fun out of having a good conspiracy at ATS thread going by making the reason available that fast.('
')
edit on 4/7/11 by barkingdogamato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And those that were on dialup never knew the site was down.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We had some fun with this in Jokes ..all in good sport .
Thanks for bringing ATS back up so quickly .
We still have our tinfoil hats so all is OK..

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So ATS is not located in Langley, Virginia? When I saw that I wondered if ATS was hacked by one of the nefarious teenage hackers that target PBS and Sony.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA

Of course not! Wiki was ALTERED for the pic, by a member, out of boredom, while we waited for the issues to be resolved, but it was Hilarious and I thought I would share.

I'm confused, Wiki was altered? For what pic? Are you saying wikipedia was altered for the ATS pic? In what way? Can you clarify this last part another way because I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by IPILYA

I'm confused, Wiki was altered? For what pic? Are you saying wikipedia was altered for the ATS pic? In what way? Can you clarify this last part another way because I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say.

The first pic is the pic used when the site was down. It says they are checking with headquarters in Langley VA. it is a joke the owners did in the spirit of the topics of this site because Langley Va. is the location of the CIA.

the Second pic is a wiki page for Langley Va. as a member joke the headquarters of a web site called abovetopsecret,com was added to the explanation. this pic was taken b y me before it was removed and returned to its original state. The Headquarters of ATS is not in Langley.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join