It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature is amazing - cloud photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
After seeing this one from Sir Coxone - www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought perhaps there should be a thread to post photos that you have taken or found that illustrate some aspect of the awsomeness of nature.

this is one I particularly like - it is a "wake" left in clouds by Ile Amsterdam in the Indian Ocean as seen on wiki - en.wikipedia.org...

I like it because it illustrates a couple of points:

1/ no-one could ever have seen this before the advent of satellite photography, so it is a great illustration of the power of tecnology for showing us stuff we could never see before, and

2/ It shows how wide an area a perfectly natural phenomena can affect

I know there are a bunch of awesom photos out there - google image searches wil get you lots, Uncinus has some spectacular ones on his website, etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
whats ile amsterdam and why does that look like a ufo

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It's an Island

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

It is a little round island in the Indian ocean - en.wikipedia.org...

You can look it up on wiki - or use the link I gave in the post to look it up!!

FFS what ever happened to using google??

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by mb2591

It is a little round island in the Indian ocean - en.wikipedia.org...

You can look it up on wiki - or use the link I gave in the post to look it up!!

FFS what ever happened to using google??

lol i did google it but i didnt think it was an island cuz that looks like a ufo haha

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am guessing the pic was taken in the 50's or 60's. It looks to me that this is a early weather manipulation program. The island has some kind of technology that is putting out a frequency witch is effecting the clouds. They are most likely chemclouds, witch are embedded with metal witch can react to the frequency. Its so obvious its not natural this is man made. The patterns expand as they get longer and farther away from the island. It looks as if their is a radar dish, look at the shapes of the clouds closest to the island.
edit on 3-7-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

2005 actually, December 19 to be precise - earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

sigh......

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by sabbathcrazy

2005 actually, December 19 to be precise - earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

sigh......

I thought it was older because the picture has no color to it and the resolution does not look to good.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It has colour - dark blue for hte ocean and green & grey for hte island, and I think it is already blown up quite a lot to make Ile Amsterdam as big as that - the island is only about 20 sq miles/50 sq km!

I wonder why UFO's chose to look like it??

edit on 3-7-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Why can't you just lay out the facts.. you always have to add something to show your 'superiority'

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

What "facts" have I missed? Everythign about the photo was obtainable through the wiki link on the 1st post!!

And if I'm shwing any "superiority" then someone is making it bloody easy for me to do so.....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by mb2591

What "facts" have I missed? Everythign about the photo was obtainable through the wiki link on the 1st post!!

And if I'm shwing any "superiority" then someone is making it bloody easy for me to do so.....

I didn't say you missed any facts.. And your not really showing your 'superiority' but more like arrogance just cause someone ask questions or says the wrong date doesn't mean you have to try and make it seem like your better than them

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
These clouds are rather boring looking
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/650e79ad4081.jpg[/atsimg]

Except for the fact that they are ON MARS!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
These clouds are rather boring looking
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/650e79ad4081.jpg[/atsimg]

Except for the fact that they are ON MARS!

They're Martian chemtrails, not clouds.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
OMG the NWO are killing the Martians by spraying them with chemtrails!

I suppose it'd be daft drawing attention to the link in my sig since no-one who believes in chemtrails is the least bit interested in what contrails look like, But try it. Some of the pics are quite good. IMO.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
I didn't say you missed any facts.. And your not really showing your 'superiority' but more like arrogance just cause someone ask questions or says the wrong date doesn't mean you have to try and make it seem like your better than them

I don't think Aloysius was rolling his eyes about the date, but rather about the part of the response where sabbathcrazy said it was obviously weather manipulation and/or caused by a man-made frequency affecting the clouds.

The idea that it is just a natural wake in the fluid dynamics of the atmosphere caused by the island makes enough sense to me that it would be tough for me to say it was "obviously" man-made.

I'm not sure how sabbathcrazy can be so positive in his assertion that it is artificial weather manipulation or some other man-made effect.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

sorry - the eye rolling was an expression of frustration over the respondant's inability to follow links and do some basic research themselves - the link to the NASA site which has the date is on the wiki page to the photo so isn't hard to find.

The comments about it not being natural? I've given up rolling eyes at that sort of thing!!

edit on 4-7-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

ah hahahaha that makes more sense.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The comments about it not being natural? I've given up rolling eyes at that sort of thing!!

Right!

While I can't be 100% sure it is natural since I'm not an expert in fluid dynamics/atmospheric dynamics, the "natural wake" explanation seems quite logical to me -- so I'll but that explanation. However, just like I can't be 100% sure it is natural, I'm not going to be like sabbathcrazy and say it is "obviously" anything else, either.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Interesting formations in clouds are very common off the West Coast. Try this image, and keep going back - you'll see a variety of interesting patterns around the various islands.

lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/417a6c3b8ffb.jpg[/atsimg]

join