It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ley Lines'. What They Are Not And What They May Be.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Hello, ATS.

I wanted to share something with you all that has nagged at me ever since I encountered the work of Mr. Paul Devereux of Britain. Mr. Devereux is the Founding co-editor of Time & Mind - Journal of Archaeology, Consciousness and Culture, www.bergpublishers.com/timeandmind

Paul Devereux

It was Mr. Devereux’s article on Ley Lines, that I read years ago, that changed my entire thinking on the subject and caused me to seek out more information to try and understand this subject matter.

As far as Mr. Devereux’s credentials concerning Ley Lines goes I will let him speak for himself…

“The subject of leys (or 'ley lines' or 'ley hunting') as we have come to know it is essentially a British one. Both the good and bad aspects can be blamed on the British!

For 20 years I edited the only journal in the world devoted solely to leys, THE LEY HUNTER, and I think I have come to know the subject more intimately and in more detail than anyone else alive.”

For this thread I am using as a source Paul Devereux’s own website and all quotes and probably most of the images will come from,Abridged summary of paper given at the "WEGE DES GEISTES - WEGE DER KRAFT (Ways of Spirit - Ways of Power)" conference in October, 1996, in Germany, which is posted at Mr. Devereux’s website here; www.pauldevereux.co.uk...

I want to cut to the important part here, ATS and once more I will let Mr. Devereux speak for himself…

“The first thing I can assure you is that what is talked about in New Age journals, workshops and groups today about 'leylines' is mainly a combination of misunderstanding, old falsehoods, wishful thinking and downright fantasy.

What I am going to tell you now is the true history of ley research. Like most histories, it is essentially a list of dates and names, but unless we understand the growth of the ley idea, we will never understand what leys are, and what it is we are dealing with.”

What grabbed me about Mr. Devereux’s article is that it allows for the mind to go much further with the idea of what these lines could possibly be or represent, but I digress.

Here is some of the history (Devereux does such a good job with this, his best loved subject matter, that you really should go to his site and read it, but here is some in a nutshell…

In 1921, Albert Watkins of England claims to have had a “Flood of ancestral memory” and he begins to see in maps that he is studying that various Megalithic sites and ancient earthworks locations in England ‘lined up’ along lines which could be surveyed.

Albert Watkins

He began to survey and photograph the alignments and in 1925 he published his most important book, The Old Straight Track. That same year The Straight Track Club was formed and surveying and exploring the straight tracks and the sites that corresponded to them became a sort of past time in England (which does persist to this day; see Julian Cope’s Ancient Megalithic). Here I will let Devereux speak for himself…

The Straight Track Club at Stonhenge

“For about 7 years in the 1920s, Watkins referred to his alignments as 'leys'. This is an Anglo-Saxon word meaning 'cleared strips of ground' or 'meadows'. Watkins' theory of leys was that they were old straight traders' tracks laid down by surveyors in the Neolithic period of prehistory.

The tracks ran from hilltop to hilltop, mountain ridge to mountain ridge, like 'a fairy chain' Watkins suggested. They cut through wild country, and in the valleys there was dense forest. Over time, this was cleared along the course of the straight tracks, Watkins maintained, and this was the reason he used the word 'ley' to describe such tracks.

However, by 1929, he had discarded the use of the name 'ley' and referred to his alignments only as 'old straight tracks' or 'archaic tracks'.” “Watkins felt that many of the key sighting points along these old straight tracks evolved into sacred sites, such as standing stones and burial mounds.

He also theorized that in the historic, Christian era, some of the prehistoric, pagan sites became Christianized and this explained why he found so many ancient churches standing on his alignments. It is certainly a fact that many such sites did become Christianized throughout Europe.”

So what happened? How did Watkins’s Ancient Straight Tracks become subsumed by the New Age and adopted by New Agers to explain all sorts of extravagant theories? I must let Devereux do his own talking on this, ATS, he is the master of this information and I really do encourage the reader of this thread that has ever been interested in Ley Lines to go and read Devereux’s full article. It is very important for Denying New Age Ignorance and opening up the mind to new possibilities for understanding our hidden past…

“In 1935, Watkins died. In 1936, the British occultist Dion Fortune wrote a fictional book, a novel, called The Goat-Foot God, in which she put forward the notion of 'lines of force' connecting megalithic sites such as Avebury and Stonehenge in southern England.

In 1938, Arthur Lawton, a member of the Straight Track Club, wrote a paper in which he claimed that leys were lines of cosmic force which could be dowsed. He was a dowser himself, and was impressed with the German geopathological dowsing that was then getting under way, and French dowsing work which claimed that there were lines of force beneath standing stones. Lawton put all this together in his own head and came up with his theory about leys.”

I will add some more relevant quotes, but Devereux’s article covers a lot of ground and he leaves no stone unturned as he maps the straight track followed by Watkins’s ideas as they moved through popular culture, came to live for a while in America, and were ultimately re-exported back to Britain where they were augmented with further silliness.

“From 1960 the ley theory took on a new lease of life, one that has led to the modern New Age notion of 'ley lines'. An ex-R.A.F. pilot, Tony Wedd, was very interested in flying saucers, or UFOs. He had read Watkins' The Old Straight Track and also a French book, Flying Saucers and the Straight Line Mystery (1958)"

“He had also read an American book by Buck Nelson called My Trip to Mars, the Moon and Venus (1956) in which Rogers claimed to have flown in UFOs, and to have witnessed them picking up energy from 'magnetic currents' flowing through the Earth."

"In 1961, Wedd published a pamphlet called Skyways and Landmarks in which he theorized that UFO occupants flew along magnetic lines of force which linked ancient sites, and that the ancient sites acted as landmarks for UFO pilots. It all relied very much on the notions and experiences of an old-fashioned terrestrial airplane pilot, rather than intergalactic extra-terrestrial creatures!”

“Wedd formed the Star Fellowship, which aimed to contact the Space Brothers. The members of the club enlisted the aid of a psychic called Mary Long in their ley hunting, and she started referring to 'lines of force' and magnetic nodes in the landscape. She also channeled communications from a Space Being called 'Attalita'. In 1962 a Ley Hunter's Club was set up with Wedd's encouragement, and by 1965 it produced the first few copies of THE LEY HUNTER journal.”

Devereux goes on to weed out every single goof ball kamikaze idea ever attached to Watkins’s original work and how it got there in the first place.

“Very soon, the whole New Age version of the subject became like a corridor of mirrors, with one fantasy piling up on another. To this very day, this false and time-wasting approach to the mystery of the lines is the most publically known version of the subject.

Germany was particularly vulnerable, for it absorbed all the American New Age ideas, including energy 'ley lines', knowing little or nothing about the origin of the ley theory in Britain. In addition, ideas of ley energies fitted in very well with Germany's own history of geopathological dowsing and dowsable energy grids or nets, and the two, completely different subjects became merged together in the New Age melting pot.

Holland in some ways was worse off, because it received its information fairly equally from the New Age in Britain, Germany and the USA, and I have found that it is virtually impossible to talk to anyone in Holland about research- based ley hunting.)”

So that was a mind blower for me to read this about what I had come to know of as ‘Ley Lines’. I had also become enamored of the idea that there were these ‘Lines of Force’ connecting all over the earth that could somehow be accessed through occult knowledge.

But that is not really the case. All of the ideas that led to the New Age misunderstanding of all of this are laid bare by Devereux and as it turns out all of it is out of the heads of authors of what can really be considered to be a class of fiction; occult books or novels (Fortune’s Goat Footed God being one example).

Devereux finally has this to say about the New Age…

“Now, today, I find that New Agers are like the old professors: they resist or dismiss the new research we have on old straight tracks and landscape lines around the world.

This is because many of them earn their living from writing New Age books, giving New Age lectures and workshops, and so they feel threatened. Others simply do not want their pet fantasies disturbed. Yet others are not prepared to admit to past mistakes and misunderstandings.

The New Age is no longer new, vibrant and fresh; it has become old and inflexible. In their minds, many New Age people are still living about a quarter of a century ago, not aware of what has been found, discovered and understood in those intervening decades.

Understanding the nature of real straight line markings in archaic landscapes can actually introduce us to a whole hidden history of human consciousness, a remarkable legacy.”

I have to applaud him on that one.

I will try to make this the final quote but it is important to see Where Devereux is going with this and then I will leave it up to the thread reader to check it out if they so desire.

“Feng-shui, the ancient Chinese art of landscape divination, has its ancient roots in ancestor worship and Taoism, which in turn derived from shamanism. One of Feng-shui's basic tenets is that houses and tombs should not be built on straight lines in the landscape. Such features include roads, ridges, river courses, lines of trees, fences and such like.

They all facilitated the passage of troublesome spirits, so if a tomb or building was on the course of such an "arrow" in the land, then preventative measures had to be taken. These included the erection of physical barriers to mask the entrance to the building, placing fearsome "door guardian" effigies either side of the door, or placing a special mirror at the entrance so that any horrible spirits would scare themselves off by their own reflections.

This basic idea of spirits traveling in straight lines is found all around the Pacific Rim, but the association of straight ways across the land with the passage of spirits is even wider. In Laos, for example, the Hmong peoples have a rule that a new house in a village should not be built directly in front or directly behind another house. This is because spirits travel in straight lines, and when corpses are moved from the house for burial they must go straight out of the house.

Similar invisible spirit lines occur throughout Europe, with features like fairy passes in Ireland, which link prehistoric earthworks (and on which one was not supposed to build, similar to Feng-shui ideas), and Geisterwege in Germany, linking medieval cemeteries.”

If I were to go on with the quotes, ATS, you would murder me.

The gist of Devereux’s thinking seems to be that all of these straight tracks found all over the world were somehow connected to the efforts of the living to keep the dead where they belonged. Yep.

A Viking 'Deathroad' or Doodweg near Hilversum, Holland. Photo: Paul Devereux.

I agree with Devereux.

As I have gone along in my studies of all things hidden I have come to the personal conclusion that there was, in a time not long ago but that is easy to forget somehow, a different paradigm at work concerning the dead.

And that people spent a great deal of their time performing acts and services (rituals) that were meant to appease the dead and keep the ancestors in their places because they were not far away at all and could be troublesome.

Please go read the article. It is utterly fascinating and I cannot quote it in its entirety here. It will totally change your mind about the nature of ‘Ley Lines’.

edit on 3-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Ia!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Actually no it won't.....LOL!
But love the updated info. The White MT Apache of NM have worked with keith Basso on defining the landscape in regards to their own culture and are kinda miles ahead of Mr Deveraux. The book, while semi-technical is called "Wisdom Sit's In Places"

Not bashing PD by anymeans, however transposing (sp) one set of finding specific to Britian over here is misleading. It's like making the evidence fit the hypothisis instead of the reverse. The north american continent has it's own ley lines and to date they have hardly been mapped, so analysis is like putting the cart before the horse.

This is something I have argued since the early 1990's. Long before Mr. Deveraux's new book.

Now....hear me out on this....using just a few of the same examples such as Chaco Canyon, the Ohio earthworks, you're overlooking the connections to the Canadian Serpent Mound, the Earthworks outside of Iona, Ont and many more reaching right up into the Artic. Much less major lines on the east coast.

So to draw conclusions this early is very premature. Especially since few ley lines have been in Alaska or BC, so since he is presenting these as man made, and the Anthro's are espousing our migration from the Berring Straight, it seems there is a disconnect?

Like I said, I'm an admirer of his however with some reservations.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

As I have gone along in my studies of all things hidden I have come to the personal conclusion that there was, in a time not long ago but that is easy to forget somehow, a different paradigm at work concerning the dead.

And that people spent a great deal of their time performing acts and services (rituals) that were meant to appease the dead and keep the ancestors in their places because they were not far away at all and could be troublesome.

If the dead are not far away at all, then where are they and how can they be reached using these Ley lines?
Is this merely superstition or is there some factual evidence that the dead are "close by" ?
Why must the dead be "kept in their places"?
How could the dead become troublesome unless they are still able to communicate with the living?
How do Ley lines connect the living to the dead?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If the dead are not far away at all, then where are they and how can they be reached using these Ley lines?
Is this merely superstition or is there some factual evidence that the dead are "close by" ?
How could the dead become troublesome unless they are still able to communicate with the living?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
S&F for your most interesting thread
I have heard of ley lines and whether they exist or not
Perhaps an earth energy we are only begining to understand
Just on the wild side Could these lines be something animals sense in their migrations?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Interesting subject Frater, something I used to like reading about years ago. But like so many other things - ufos, paranormal experiences, bigfoot, etc. it seemed that all the research just led back in little circles to where you started. No new theories or evidence, just the same ones rehashed time and again.

I too would be interested to know more about how the lines function and what their purpose(s) might be. When one looks at the sheer amount of labor involved in creating these tracks and megalithic sites it is astounding. It must have been very important to someone as we have long thought that the farther back in history we go the less "free time" people had to do such activities aside from what was required for daily survival.

My personal theory on it is that ley lines reveal what are essentially crystalline structures within the Earth, lines which transmit or facilitate the flow of etheric or spiritual energies along them.

Having run into a dead end for new research and being unable to investigate in person this is one subject that has long piqued my curiosity. Thanks for bringing some new information to our attention.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is pretty interesting. I've heard of ley lines but never researched much. I'm glad you brought this to our attention. I have skimmed a little through the site you linked to and I will read more. It really is pretty fascinating to learn about the roads and their relation to how the living viewed (view) the dead.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Hi, Caver78,

Actually no it won't.....LOL! But love the updated info.

Nor would I expect it to for someone as deeply in the know as yourself. I think it its really cool that there are folks like yourself that are so in to this and understand the subject so well. I am vey pleased that you found something useful in the thread.

The book, while semi-technical is called "Wisdom Sit's In Places"

Thanks for this, I will seek it out and put it on the stack.

Now....hear me out on this....using just a few of the same examples such as Chaco Canyon, the Ohio earthworks, you're overlooking the connections to the Canadian Serpent Mound, the Earthworks outside of Iona, Ont and many more reaching right up into the Artic. Much less major lines on the east coast.

I would love to hear as much about this as you are willing to talk about and I am sure other members would as well. I don't want to leave anything out. I believe at the moment the the straight tracks worldwide were used for the same purposes and that it was related to 'dead-management'. Why? I don't know yet.

Like I said, I'm an admirer of his however with some reservations.

Would you be willing to say what you think the lines are all about? I would really like to hear it.
Thanks, Caver.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

My personal theory on it is that ley lines reveal what are essentially crystalline structures within the Earth, lines which transmit or facilitate the flow of etheric or spiritual energies along them.

I tend to agree with the spiritual side of ley lines, a lot of temples so holy places are set on these unique places. Theres not a lot of information to be found in regards to recent research so its great to see the topic resurface.

Some info and where to look if anyones researching.

Further reading
· Alfred Watkins, Early British Trackways (1922)
· Alfred Watkins, The Old Straight Track: Its Mounds, Beacons, Moats, Sites and Mark Stones (1925); reprinted as ISBN 0-349-13707-2
· Alfred Watkins, The Ley Hunter's Manual (1927)
· Tony Wedd, Skyways and Landmarks (1961)
· Williamson, T. and Bellamy, L., Ley Lines in Question. (1983)
· Tom Graves, Needles of Stone (1978) -- mixes ley lines and acupuncture; online edition at [2]
· Paul Broadhurst & Hamish Miller The Sun And The Serpent (1989, 1990 (paperback), 1991, 1994, 2003 (paperback))
· Bruce L. Cathie, "The Energy Grid"
· Lucy R Lippard: Overlay: Contemporary Art and the Art of Prehistory. New York 1983 ISBN 0-394-54812-8
· John Michell, A Little History of Astro-archeology, rev. ed. 1989, Thames & Hudson, New York.
· Alignments connecting London's sacred sites in a significant pattern of sacred geometry are to be found in the books of chris street - Earthstars (1990) and Earthstars The Visionary Landscape (2000)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Hello, Alethea,

I personally do not know for sure where they are. But religions from all over the world have all sorts of ideas about where they are. I, myself, have lately been studying Near Death Experiences and the death bed experiences of doctors and nurses to try to formulate my own ideas about where they may be.

The Anthropologists and Ethnologists that study the lines believe that they were 'walked' in ritualistic fashion, among other things.

Well, for those who do not believe that any part of us persists beyond death these beliefs would be considered superstition.

As a modern person I do not have an answer to this but it seems to have been the deep concern of many cultures from the past as described in Devereux's article. Folks used to spend an awful lot of time attending to the needs of the dead. Some of these traditions have even followed us into modern occidental society.

Again, this can be found in folk tales and legends from across the globe. The dead meddling in the lives of the living is a very common theme.

Thanks for coming by. I think most of the answers to your questions will be answered in full by reading the Paul Devereux article which is linked above.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Hi again, nice to see your snake.

That is what caused me to lose interest as well. The little, boring, new age circles that this always led to.

I started out with Devereux's article very casually and by the end I was totally changed on the subject and Devereux's writing really stuck to my ribs for over a decade. I was happy to be able to get it out in a thread and meet other folks with an interest.

I would really like to hear more from Caver78 on this as well.

When one looks at the sheer amount of labor involved in creating these tracks and megalithic sites it is astounding. It must have been very important to someone as we have long thought that the farther back in history we go the less "free time" people had to do such activities aside from what was required for daily survival.

This is really key for me as well. I just can't get over the feeling that these people worked like their pants were on fire to construct these earthworks and then use them. What was the big deal? Something really, really important must have driven them to all this work.

Having run into a dead end for new research and being unable to investigate in person this is one subject that has long piqued my curiosity. Thanks for bringing some new information to our attention.

Yay! I am so glad it is new and fresh for some of us.

All of the Megalith stuff really gets me excited. Have you seen Julian Cope's Books?

edit on 4-7-2011 by Frater210 because: Ia!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
back when i could... i would go to a vortex site here in SC...
i would then attempt to dowse the surrounding terrain to see if i might locate the Ley Line
which supposedly links to the next strong vortice site...

i had no good results --- theres way too many roads, power lines, burried field lines from old septic tank systems
all scattered over the place to ever discover what may be a Ley Line...

the world condition has polluted the natural order of Ley Lines and vortex sites....
its like trying to listen to a butterfly while sitting within the earthen, fallow space of a 6 lane clover-leaf ...during rush hour traffic.

the din of 'noise' is overwhelming

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
ATS, for the sake of stimulating conversation on this and in order to draw out opinions I will stick my neck out and share with you the baroque paranoid fantasy that I have constructed from my personal, not so thorough, researches in to ‘Ley Lines’

I presently believe that the whole construct of straight and crooked lines worldwide was somehow part of a network of phenomenal and noumenal devices used to keep the world of the living apart from the world of the dead. I also believe at the moment that this required the cooperation of peoples worldwide; it may have been a universal problem due to some ‘mistake’ of some sort. I don’t really know.

I am intrigued by what seems to be the fact that the ancient Egyptians seemed to have the best handle on the situation. There we find megaliths, straight tracks and an elaborate system for shuttling the dead to the afterlife where they belong. And they had those big things that we think looked like light bulbs and probably were some type of electrical device…

Which brings me to the electricity part…

I think there was a paradigm change that led to new rules or conditions for the dead, which is what has allowed us to forget this part of our past and why the lines are there in the first place. I believe the game changer was electricity, electrical grids and municipal power systems. I know, ATS, grab your tin foil hat; but we need something fun to talk about.

Think of it, ATS, remember that people used to keep ‘witch-bottles’ by the door. How do you trap a witch? Cause them to walk crooked lines and get caught in the trap. A witch-bottle is a bottle stuffed with a twisted mass of twine. The idea being that witches do their evil along straight lines. That one is a bit of a paradox, no?
So could it be that the twisted mass of electrical lines, that now cover the globe, are the game changer that defeated the constant needs of the dead? Because it seemed to be our responsibility to get them to where they were going to in the past. And our responsibility to keep them there. What changed?

What does you think, ATS?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thanks for an interesting thread. I never heard of this specific ley line theory before, but it really makes sense. I'm definitely going to check into this and try to find a map of ley lines in northern Ohio so I can maybe do a little personal investigation sometime.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

theres way too many roads, power lines, burried field lines from old septic tank systems all scattered over the place to ever discover what may be a Ley Line...

the world condition has polluted the natural order of Ley Lines and vortex sites.... its like trying to listen to a butterfly while sitting within the earthen, fallow space of a 6 lane clover-leaf ...during rush hour traffic.

There ya go, These are my sentiments as well. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Excellent thread!!! S & F!

I follow a Vedic train of thought to the following conclusion:

Ten to Twenty-thousand years ago, as the old society (Antlan(tis), Mu, whatever you wish to call it) died off, it left behind massive concrete powerline pilons. A few thousand years later, they would have been stubs sticking out of the ground, replaced by the priesthoods of the world up to the modern era (at first with standing stones, then later with temples and churches).

May there be a link here to the type of wireless electricity transfer that Mr. Tesla was attempting to perfect?
Could this type of thing be achieved with giant piezoelectric stone plugs (resonators, resistors, etc.)?

Where's the scientists at?!?!?!
edit on 7/4/11 by RoswellCityLimits because: to add

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

May there be a link here to the type of wireless electricity transfer that Mr. Tesla was attempting to perfect?

May be, RCL. I have thought along these same lines as well. I really do not know. But I do know that Devereux's work and the work of others can allow us to think about these straight lines and earthenworks in new ways that yield some pretty fantastic possibilities.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Frater & everyone hi-ya!

I have absolutely no clue what Ley Lines are, represent, or function.....LOL!!
Just that they are, and if you find one site you can find the next, via them. Dowsers are much more in the know, I would think, with the caveat that the info they hold is proprietary. Lots of sites in North America have been public knowledge for years, problem is some is archived in local historical societies that you have to visit in person just to see if they contain anything you're looking for, on alternate Tuesdays, if someone is available.

Lots of stuff is held in museums and colleges, but you need credentials to get in, much less the fox-hunt in the archives. With time restrictions ect.....

Fortunately persistance & luck are good friends to have....grin. Old Ethnography texts hold a ton of info If reading them doesn't put you into a coma. Up in Canada old Jesuit writings hold info. Also tough to slog thru. A lot of the problem is everyone seems to focus on the major centers, like Cahokia, Chaco Canyon, the Wisconson Mounds. and since nothing was ever created in a vacumn, never looks for the outlying coresponding sites.Wink! Wink! Nudge! Nudge!
Granted we've either paved or plowed over all the old stuff, but reminants are still there.

Equally I also get annoyed with the nu-age song & dance. Thank you all for helping get some info out there, now feel free to stick a sock in it. No bashing or anything, but there is only so far puddling around in a circle will get you. It's still a puddle.

You're probably right with the Egypt thing and it all revolving around the dead. My bloodpressure doesn't go ballistic till folks want to play connect a dot between Machu Pichu, Egypt, ect.....I love a Bucky-Ball same as everyone else, but not all Megalithic sites are, should be, or were ever meant to be connected. In my mind each is specific to the geography it's in, the geology of the place, and most importantly how do the above pieces parts compensate for whoever used them to achieve their goals?

Everyone has been spoon fed the magnetic fields around Stonehenge. Plenty of folks noticed the rocks were hauled from really far away. By using those specific rocks in that alinement what was missing from the place originally it needed compensated for? Sure it's easy to assume Druids or Megalithic man were having shamanistic fun-fests or the, it's all about the crops, but add ALL the puzzle pieces up then write a book. No one even as accounted (that I know of) for continental drift, so where Stonehenge is now was most assuradly not where it was when it was built. Or Avebury Tor, or the rest. Everyone looked up....matched the stars to the stone openings and declared it a "win"! Dated it by that too.....yup, they did.

So no...I'm not involved professionally in this, but I expect the folks who are to get it right. Just an amateur like everyone else. If I could figure this??? Now while not a fan of Cathie's either, each stone has a mathmatical equasion attached. Just by being whatever it's composed of. Theroetically you could identify each stone used, do the math an come up with one aspect of any sites purpose. You would still have to factor in the rest, but you wouldn't be too way far off the mark.

Mostly Nothing was done on Megalithic sites by accident...as long as most of the pieces are there it's just patience, looking at the surrounding geographic area, backing what you have with historical texts as best as possible, and by looking at what's there, as well as what isn't and developing a hypothisis. it will either pan out or not. Plus the oldsters who built these had a different mindset. To us a church is a church, a bank a bank.

They seem to have built once and it had multi-functions. Which would explain the size. You can do more with a bigger battery than a small one right? These places all display EMF fields....so how can each field be tweaked the easiest way possible to achieve specific and different functions? And what functions possible would have practical applications?
Not saying that Stonehenge is a Battery, but it's demonstrated having some juice, as well as other sites so what's the deal?? Everyone ran in measured the fields and then ran away??? That's like giving a physicist Cern, he measures the fields as it idles and runs off? HUH????

However....this is JMO and I haven't exactaly killed myself doing repeated research. basically just saying....
it's all doable and seems right to me. I could just need slapped in the head with a 4x4.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Hi, Caver78.

Thank you so much for your fine post. You may not do this professionally but you have the most well developed opinion on it that I have had the pleasure of reading. I like that you are taking in to account Devereux's work and his compatriots as well as ideas and material that I, and I am sure everyone else have never heard of.

Everyone has been spoon fed the magnetic fields around Stonehenge. Plenty of folks noticed the rocks were hauled from really far away. By using those specific rocks in that alinement what was missing from the place originally it needed compensated for?

That gets freaking question of the year right there. What was being compensated for? I will be chewing on that for probably the rest of my life. I never looked at it like that.

I could just need slapped in the head with a 4x4.

Naw. This whole subject needs an overhaul like so many other subjects. I think Devereux and the gang are a good stepping off point and I am anxious to get to the book you recommended. Your connecting the puzzle pieces is really good stuff and I have a feeling that we may be hearing maybe more on this soon. Don't know why I have that feeling, I just do. Maybe it is the tin foil hat.

I was wondering if you have ever heard of the River World books by Phillip Jose Farmer? In them souls are transported to a world that is looped about by a giant river. The people are fed and supplied with everything they need by 'Grail Stones', huge mushroom shaped megaliths, along the river.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join