It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When ATS goes HORRIBLY wrong!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If you had the goofy thought your friend was a government agent while sober, it would be laughed off in your head because it would have been presented in a joking fashion in the first place... Now if you were roaring drunk, talking into an invisible camera shouting at people drunk, then that question would be legitimately expressed in your head and spoken without inhibition...

Do you know why? Because you are beyond retarded when you are drunk. My point is, alcohol makes you say the dumbest # imaginable, especially when you are THAT drunk... Sure the guy deserves a little facepalmyness but you are going way too hard on him...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

There is a wooden sign on a mailbox on one of our local roads that horizontally reads I N F O W A R S dot C O M

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
I also think instead of such great pains to look down your nose and denigrate said character, you would have been the better man to consider the booze and suffer his ravings, recognize his service and show a little respect, even take pity and be a friend, not another back stabber. Just an idea. Happy Fourth!
edit on 4-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

Back stabber? Really?! Respect? Really?
You were not there pal. He could have showed respect by not instigating a fight and pushing his crazy beliefs on everyone at a party in which has has just met people for the first time. Literally making everyone uncomfortable with his nonsense charade act. Happy 4th indeed.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Okay, so I got a little tipsy. Can you blame me? TPTB drive me nuts!!!! lol Guy sounds like a whack job more than anything.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It seems my thread title bothered a few.
Maybe I should have went with:
"I Felt Trapped In A Virtual Troll Thread"
any suggestions you touchy naysayers?!
edit on 4-7-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Here's the conclusion I have reached: you are an agent for some shadowy government organization and you have crafted this thread to strengthen the stereotype that most conspiracy theorists are usually mentally ill to some degree and can never balance their social activity.

I think we found our Elite Reality TV star.
Lights, camera.... Paranoia.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Well said.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Next costume party I go to I think I'll wear a *THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH* sammich board.

If that's all you're gonna wear, I wanna be there!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
It seems my thread title bothered a few.
Maybe I should have went with:
"I Felt Trapped In A Virtual Troll Thread"
any suggestions you touchy naysayers?!

I think your whole discussion is valid. There's stuff I don't talk about, straight or sober, because it is easy to be written off as a nutter or worse. What I will do is speak from an awareness...it tempres my worldview...and maybe suggest a line of inquiry should one wish. But I leave my soap box out of public view. There is also the aspect that occasionally we do stumble upon something that we ought not to know and need to be careful with.

Like we said back in the day: "A little paranoia is always cool"

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So you were hanging out with Gary Busey all night?! That must have been pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

HA!! Great story, man! Thanks for sharing! I literally lol'ed at this one:

I felt like I was trapped in a virtual troll thread.

When I first read it I thought this dude was just somewhat like me. I can easily get into a considerable babble mode after having a few drinks, and if its something I'm passionate about, that definitely comes out too. This gentleman seems to take things way too far though.

Your thread title couldn't be anymore pertinent! =)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My guess is: the dude didn't believe the majority of what he was saying. He was drunk, and probably trying to impress everyone with his "depth of knowledge" about topics they likely hadn't heard before. In his drunken state, he probably started believing some of the nonsense himself, and went overboard with the theatrics.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
i feel your pain sounds like the family gathering of my husbands

i normally partake in the paranoia at the beginning to the night and beat a hasty exit to the garden to look through the telescope by midway that way i at least keep some of my sanity

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I never mention anything even LIKE ATS to strangers

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Loved your story OP - Thank you!! ... Its always pleasant to hear "the brighter side of life" kinda stories - if I can this incident that

2nd Line

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
LOL!! Good story OP

Ive never met anyone quite like that in a social setting... real life trolls usually try to control themselves and save it for online. I think they may fear sudden tooth loss if they dared to let their inner troll out face to face.

I have told others of ATS.. though Im selective with who.. not due to being fearful of what Id be seen as, but what theyd do or say if they came here! LOL! You never know who is on here. I work with the public on and off.. and have close contact with gangs and etc in my town. There are Latin Kings from Illinois here.. and if you knew who they were youd change your mind about OG gang members.
It was last yr and we were talking about the govt and etc.. just typical BS session and I mentioned ATS. Ive spoken to folks within the other things I do and told them of ATS. Unfortunately many wont sign up and just lurk, but the alternate subjects are of interest across the board. Its not just the basement dwelling tinfoil wearer or the angry kid that comes here for real news and ideas... contrary to popular belief.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't think I've ever posted on ATS drunk, but I've done it on facebook a few times and it's not unusual for me to write down some of my "brilliant" insights when I've had a few. I can tell you that, while every so often I read these things the next day and think they genuinely were clever insights, I more often regard them as embarrassingly idiotic, or emotional or obvious or completely delusional.

And yet when I'm sober I'm very logical, balanced and not susceptible to crazy ideas. Some of those same ideas somehow seem PROBABLE when I've had a few. I'm not the least bit schizophrenic, but when I drink alcohol somehow I just seem to turn into another person. I latch on to ideas I would find ridiculous sober.

I think that's what happened here, except that this guy this guy was hard core and had no internal governor. He completely lost any connection with what was considered normal. Thank god I'm not THAT bad, but I've known people who were. And all of them, with one or two moderate exceptions, were perfectly normal people with lots of common sense when they were sober.

It's the alcohol. Crazy what alcohol can do to your head.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

lets hope it doesnt go wrong im gunna post something soon bein thinking of doing it for while now just never know how to word it right...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

Here's the conclusion I have reached: you are an agent for some shadowy government organization and you have crafted this thread to strengthen the stereotype that most conspiracy theorists are usually mentally ill to some degree and can never balance their social activity.

I think we found our Elite Reality TV star.
Lights, camera.... Paranoia.

Haha. I only wish I was as cool as the guy in the OP's story. I don't even live in the united states, I assume the OP does.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Haha. I only wish I was as cool as the guy in the OP's story. I don't even live in the united states, I assume the OP does.

Here's what you can do to be "cool" like the fellow at the party. I hope this guideline earns you ultimate coolness.
1) Push your views on people you just met.
2) When they politely walk away, follow them and continue.
3) Drink till you threaten individuals you just met.
4) When your girlfriend or partner suggests you leave, scream at the top of your lungs, "Leave you bitch, I'm looking at the fire and filming something for TV".
5) Smash your phone upon exit.

Good luck.

edit on 4-7-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join