It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When ATS goes HORRIBLY wrong!!!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
reply to post by cluckerspud

Clucker it had very little to do with ATS. LOL!

5% ATS

10% Paranoia

85% Having consumed way to much alcohol.

Stuff Happens! It's all good.

Happy 4th of July everyone

Your math sounds about right.

Happy 4th!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Participants of this thread...

Please note: This thread is under increased scrutiny. Failure to adhere to the Terms & Conditions Of Use and the supporting posting guidelines will result in removal of offending posts and your posting privileges.

This will be the only admonition, it will be administrative action from here on...

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Posting Conduct… Play The Ball – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: If You Have Been Post Banned – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: How Not To Be Banned From ATS – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'd say this guy suffers from Bipolar. But I don't think it best ppl humiliate him on here. Even tho we don't know this person he will almost certainly read this article which wont help his case at all.
Kinda like hearing people talking about you when your on the otherside of the door. Its not nice for anyone!

Most of us in some point in time get too drunk and do regreatable things but this guys case is worsened by his illness.

I am in no way sticking up for this person but I once did live with somone while at Uni who suffered Bipolar and they were incredibly difficult to live with, in the end the person I lived with was sectioned.

I just feel to go on here knowing you will get posts from other users making fun of this person is not the right thing to do. Would you make fun of somone with only one arm.

Plus there can be repressions from doing something like this especially if the person is not stable which they clearly arnt

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
sounds to me like he has a mild case of paranoid schizophrenia !
No matter how wrecked I get i never freak out like that and im a believer in conspiracy as well !

Odd fellow , id be more worried about his mental condition !

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
And not one mention of calling 911?
He was clearly out of his mind and the fact you didn't try to help him is what's "horribly wrong". But then again your story was more then likely made up to try and provoke / insult users here at ATS. Happy fourth!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
And not one mention of calling 911?
He was clearly out of his mind and the fact you didn't try to help him is what's "horribly wrong". But then again your story was more then likely made up to try and provoke / insult users here at ATS. Happy fourth!

Good grief
Now its come to calling 911 ? because a conspiracy believer drank a little too much,and got too emotional?

wow...you think getting hauled off to a psych ward is really gonna help this guy deal with his conspiracy issues??..that is not helping at all..and anyone who believes this would help such a person is seriously delusional.
edit on 4-7-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Any further off topic posts or posts discussing staff actions and you will be Post Banned.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sorry
Don't believe the story
Seems to well crafted to convey your own personal opinion

Though it could be true, if so then that person is just like Alex Jones
Someone who gives conspiracy theorists a bad name
Such an individual lives in Conspiracy Theory Forums, Music Genre Forums, Conservative forums, liberal forums, sport forums etc.....

Let's not generalize assuming it's a true story
edit on 4-7-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
These are the type of people... that once they get clean and sober... can tell you some personal experiences that will make your hair stand on end. I've stumbled across several over my lifetime... all of them vets.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80
I'd say this guy suffers from Bipolar. But I don't think it best ppl humiliate him on here. Even tho we don't know this person he will almost certainly read this article which wont help his case at all.
Kinda like hearing people talking about you when your on the otherside of the door. Its not nice for anyone!

Most of us in some point in time get too drunk and do regreatable things but this guys case is worsened by his illness.

I am in no way sticking up for this person but I once did live with somone while at Uni who suffered Bipolar and they were incredibly difficult to live with, in the end the person I lived with was sectioned.

I just feel to go on here knowing you will get posts from other users making fun of this person is not the right thing to do. Would you make fun of somone with only one arm.

Plus there can be repressions from doing something like this especially if the person is not stable which they clearly arnt

Even though I disagree a bit, I still feel you deserve a star. I forgot to mention, I'm bipolar, and yes, the story of his actions do seem on par. Alcohol really does a number on the mood swings and self-isolation, and some people don't realize they suffer from mild bipolar syndrome until they start reviewing actions under the influence of alcohol (or other, illegal in ALL states, drugs...), but it usually gets attributed to the alcohol. In my case, I started paying attention when I contrasted 3 states of my being. Sober, drunk, and medicated. Took me a visit to the shrink in college, and about 4 years of accepting myself, and still to this day trying to understand why I do some of the things I do.

Where I DO disagree with ya, is I (have been in the same situation) have been called out on my previous night's rant. It was a bit to deal with, but I'm a better person for taking the slap to the face. At least this guy can read the posts, a couple helpful ones, a bunch of (now removed) posts, lol... and he can deal with whatever emotion hits him. I'm not saying that with a cruel tone, more of a "hurt, didn't it?" affection. We all have to learn from mistakes, and he gets a little bonus of keeping anon until he can deal with it. If he meets clucker again on the street, hopefully he can apologize, however pitifully he can muster (I hate having to do the 'head down' apology... I feel like I wasn't ready to apologize, but I may have not had another moment to make amends).

Cluckerspud, if you see him again, and the situation isn't going to be stressed, pull him aside and ask how he's been, start small conversation, and make the joke "yeah, so I take it no more CT talk in public for us, eh? hehe!". A (ex)friend and I had to do that concerning topics of religion and politics. She was private school catholic, and her dad was a politician (had been mayor for awhile). Imagine how that goes down during a drinking party... I found she didn't like being called a brainwashed tool and "Go pray to your Satan-God images, ****!", but I don't like being called crazy when I'm sitting with a newspaper article in hand... apparently her upbringing allows her to decide what's real news, and what's crap.... anyways... if he doesn't make you feel uncomfortable in a 'run-in' situation, you may make friends with him. Just gotta know when to pull back the throttle and change subject. Honestly, you may have (unknowingly) helped him get on a roll. If you are ever in a situation like that again with someone who starts heading for the cliff, remember you can steer them around a bit. If you let them just run, they are steering you (or attempting to) until you jump out of the car. I really don't know how to put it into words, but hopefully the steering analogy helps. He could end up turning out to be a really awesome person any other time, and a potential GREAT friend. I don't like seeing opportunities for camaraderie get wasted because of a bad run-in flooded out with alcohol, ha know what I mean?

edit on 4-7-2011 by Earthscum because: typos

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Sounds like my cousin, who insisted on bringing up 9/11 is an inside job type conspiracies at my family reunion. I'm the one more likely to listen than to talk, and to hear him spout the stuff he was saying gave me anxiety and showed me just why it is that the "normal" people in my family (who more or less represent the same percentage in the population as a whole) find all these comments over the top, fantastical and loony.

My cousin was the type to state all of the superficial conspiracy stuff without any deep analytical discussion; no thinking about the facts or root causes that might prop up his explanations. This sounds like your experience at the party. A guy who "knows" all of the things that are going on in the world, but does not take time to change himself (chevy tahoe) --- change from within, you are the change you seek (all hail Buddha, peace and presence be upon him).

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sometimes these type of things are like religion, politics, and SHTF scenarios. You can't win in the first two unless the person sees the light, and in the last instance you don't want them to know because you might be the first person they come visit should it happen.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

The positives of the internet. I totally agree with you & you have changed my mind regarding part of my statement especially seen as you have first hand experience in this field.

Hopefully the OP may act on your advice

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On occasion, I wind up in conversations where I mention ATS. I haven't yet found anyone that knew, or was a member of the site. But I'm very careful to gauge the other person's reactions to my comments. Now...I never come off as a "tin foil hat" type, but just kind of "dip my toe" into the water of the topic. I'm usually the first to bail out when I see that glazed-over look, any roll of the eyes or a sentence starting with "well...I guess...".

On a very positive note, however...I am finding more and more people truly interested in the prospect of "finding out more" about topics where they have only heard a brief overview. Far too many have no idea that there are sources (like ATS) where they can actually converse and discover more information. I often find myself (alcohol free) ending conversations with "check out AboveTopSecret.com".

Drunk is not a great way to discuss such topics. "Conspiracy" has joined religion and politics in that way. My suggestion...just point (or write if they are too trashed) the person in the right direction. Then smile and step away.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

May need to read the OP again but I believe he said the guy was getting aggressive, babbling, and then talking to himself in a corner.... I have the perfect diagnosis..

Psychosis (from the Greek ψυχή "psyche", for mind/soul, and -ωσις "-osis", for abnormal condition) means abnormal condition of the mind, and is a generic psychiatric term for a mental state often described as involving a "loss of contact with reality". People suffering from psychosis are described as psychotic. Psychosis is given to the more severe forms of psychiatric disorder, during which hallucinations and delusions and impaired insight may occur.[1] Some professionals say that the term psychosis is not sufficient as some illnesses grouped under the term "psychosis" have nothing in common (Gelder, Mayou & Geddes 2005)

People experiencing psychosis may report hallucinations or delusional beliefs, and may exhibit personality changes and thought disorder. Depending on its severity, this may be accompanied by unusual or bizarre behavior, as well as difficulty with social interaction and impairment in carrying out the daily life activities.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's safe to say the drinking only intensified the effect of his already in-place psychosis.
edit on 4-7-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/4/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join