It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When ATS goes HORRIBLY wrong!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Last night was quite an interesting experience. I had met some new people at my friends house party. One of whom I met turned out to be quite a conspiracy character. He was a friend of a friend to the host at the party and like all new people I meet, I gave him every opportunity to just be himself. Our conversation was that of music, employment and so on. Eventually our conversation turned to big banks and the corrupt system VS. the upper and middle class.

Pretty standard.

He was passionate about his stance and he went on to let me know he was in the National Guard, but hated it. He also saw that wars only benefit the elites etc. and soldiers are being brainwashed today. All of this dialogue was being exchanged after he consumed many beers. So his slurring got worse and his passion for conspiracy got deeper.

Our conversation, (well I should say "his conversation") now delved deeper down the hole into music brainwashing people and movies as well. I honestly just let him talk, I hardly chimed in as he drunkenly shouted his claims and made a scene. He was drunk and quite frankly giving me anxiety. He suggested that I may be some kind of government agent sent here to engage in conversation and keep tabs on him. I ensured him I was not, but for a minute he was questioning my trust. (Weird, If he didn't trust me, then why not just leave me alone?)

It was at this point, I suggested ATS to him. He laughed and said he was on the board already. I told him I was as well and we agreed to exchange handles. I told him mine first, seeing as I really didn't care (and I still don't). I am not in his same social circle, and I knew by his drunken actions all night that his presence at my friends house would not be granted again. His position changed soon after and he decided to with-hold his handle. He then began again with these accusations that I may be CIA. This all became very laughable and I finally walked away.

He always seemed to gravitate towards me during the night, after others got tired of his tales of Nibiru, mind control and how we were all destroying the world with our cars, fancy shoes and oil dependency. Interesting, considering, he did arrive in a big ole, Chevy Tahoe.

An hour later he was convinced that we were all on a reality TV show that was only seen by elites. Cameras were satellites and advance nano-tech cameras were placed in the atmosphere around us. He had at this point pissed everyone off including his girlfriend who was nothing but apologetic to my friend who hosted the party. He was getting physically aggressive with one guest and it bothered everyone since we were just trying to have a good time.

Situation was defused and he spent 20 minutes pretending to talk to a camera in the corner about the situation he is currently in. We (the party goers) were part of a crazy mind game only to be getting in is head to mess with him. He claimed that some of us were CIA, others FBI and some were brainwashed already. He swore his vengeance against the oppressors and TPTB and we (the party goers) do not deserve to be spared in his push for depopulation.

He wished us all ill, as it would depopulate the earth and save the planet before Nibirus arrival.

Thankfully his girlfriend managed to coax him out, but only after more outbursts and screams. This ATS experience was intriguing, surreal and I felt compelled to share it. What's not shocking is that actions and psycho-babble like this is sometimes observed here often.

I felt like I was trapped in a virtual troll thread.

Seeing as I am not divulging the identity of this member (since I don't know who this is), I see no harm. Also I am not encouraging the member to step forward, I couldn't care less. Stay in the shadows.

Happy 4th everyone!!!
edit on 3-7-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Real-life troll. My worst nightmare!!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hmmmm, and I thought a GTG was a good idea...

You people are goofy goobers.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've had conversations with people that turned similar when they got a little too sauced. Never seen anyone talk into a 'camera' for 20 minutes though. Do you think he actually believed all the stuff he was saying or was just so drunk that he was spouting nonsense?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I've had conversations with people that turned similar when they got a little too sauced. Never seen anyone talk into a 'camera' for 20 minutes though. Do you think he actually believed all the stuff he was saying or was just so drunk that he was spouting nonsense?

I think he believed himself.
He asked my girlfriend if I was true to my words and could I be trusted. (He asked this behind my back).
Everyone knew he was a little off.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's the age old conundrum...Beer and Conspiracies don't mix!

Trust me. When I post a thread after a few, the next morning I often wish I had a 'Drunk Delete' button.

I just don't do it at parties. I gave up on trying to convince others of my beliefs a long time ago. That's why I like the people on ATS. They're already half way there!

My guess is...I'm not the only one here.

C'mon, you know who you are...*looking around the forums* lol

edit on 3-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

link   
Thanks for the much needed laugh. I will have to remember not to mention ATS to strangers.

link   
Too many ATS threads mixed with alcohol will do that to you

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Some people shouldn’t drink. Your gonna find conspiracy nuts everywhere, I’m constantly surprised at some of the things they come up with. Sometimes they almost make sense then as they spout on you realize there actually nuts.
There is and was conspiracies around us but not everything is, if you look for it in everything you’ll find it even if it aint there.
Just listen smile and move on.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Dude, you promised you wouldn't tell!

No, just kidding. That is kind of crazy actually. Sounds like the guy just had way too much to drink and just ended up going a bit off the deep end.... Perhaps he was already off the deep end and the beer just allowed the guy to be more open about it?

Either way, I would have been uncomfortable there. Don't get me wrong, I love a good conversation about the paranormal or conspiracies, but.... sometimes people get scary with it and like you.... I back off....

Hope he is alright.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Sounds like he has an extreme case of paranoia , which can happen to people who get very involved with conspiracy theories. I hope he gets a grasp on reality, and those who know him and care, help him get out of this paranoia.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Either way, I would have been uncomfortable there. Don't get me wrong, I love a good conversation about the paranormal or conspiracies, but.... sometimes people get scary with it and like you.... I back off....

Hope he is alright.

Exactly. At first I was excited to engage in some of this. It was almost dare I say, "cool", to meet a like minded individual. Later I realized we are not like minded and it was borderline "unpredictable" and anxiety ridden.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It was me, I can not tell a lie.

Oh, wait, I'm a girl not a man.

Wish I was there.

I would of like so led him on, that I was CIA or FBI.

Just to see how much more nuts he could go.

I know they say not to feed them. But, you have to admit, it would of made for an interesting conversation.

edit on 3-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I also want to add, I know of several people who have met other ATSers in person after talking and agreeing to do so.... just be careful everyone.

The OP ran into this guy on accident, but you never really know who you could be meeting up with. So just be careful about it.

OK my ATS children, that is my ATS fatherly advice to you for the day.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

It was me, I can not tell a lie.

Oh, wait, I'm a girl not man.

Wish I was there. I would like so led him on I was CIA or FBI. Just to see how much more nuts he could go

The idea of egging him on was far from my mind, but I get what you are saying.
Wild claims, cold stares, clenching fists and neck stretching seemed like enough to me.

Like I said It got physical at one point and it took 3 people to diffuse.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Hope he is alright.

Exactly. At first I was excited to engage in some of this. It was almost dare I say, "cool", to meet a like minded individual. Later I realized we are not like minded and it was borderline "unpredictable" and anxiety ridden.

Yeah, I know that feeling. Every now and then I will meet some one who likes the paranormal or some other such similar subject and I will think, " Oh cool, this could be an interesting conversation". Usually it is... But like I said, some times, people are just scary about it.... Throw beer into the mix and watch out....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
ah sorry about that cluckerspud, those white wine spritzers go straight to my head.

also...

I could care less

it's 'couldn't care less'

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I would guess after reading your account he is NOT likely to "come forward"
IMHO these are things OP you should have said to him face to face
instead of here were he may not even see this thread due to deployment or scheduling etc...

dunno if this is the way to do it my friend

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is exactly why an ATS Convention would never work out.

In real life trolling, in real life paranoia.

ugh...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
ah sorry about that cluckerspud, those white wine spritzers go straight to my head.

also...

I could care less

it's 'couldn't care less'

fixed. Writing is not my forte. I wish it was cause I have stories to tell.

Next time neonitus, I'm cutting you off at 2 drinks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join