It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Dead On Arrival...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Lately, I guess about the past year of my life or so, I have often found myself thinking and wondering about my birth. The reason being is because I did not have the most traditional birth. My umbilical cord got wrapped around my neck at some point during the delivery, and I was born dead due to lack of oxygen. Officially dead. I came out of the womb completely dark blue/purple (I am caucasion - my mom said I looked like a little African baby when I was born), I was not breathing, and I had no pulse. I was obviously resuscitated and ended up having to stay in the hospital a few weeks following.

My mother had told me all of this years ago when I was still a fairly young boy - I don't remember exactly how old I was the first time I heard the story of how I was born, but I must have been around 6 or 7ish. But like I said, the past year or so is when it has really started kind of resonating in my mind, really making me wonder about it. Lately, for whatever reasons, I have come to believe that it played a pretty big role in shaping me into the person that I am. I feel as though whatever I experienced the day I was born was a big influence on my personality, how I live my life, and just my being as a whole.

Every (near) death experience story I have heard and or read, the individual who had the experience claims the same thing - that it changed them, or that it was a spiritual awakening or gave them a glimpse into the afterlife - something along those lines. Why should my experience have any less significance just because I have no conscious memory of the event?

So I was wondering if there are any ways that one can resurface memories that might have been stuffed back into the darkness of the subconscious. Perhaps hypnotherapy or deep meditating or something along those lines? And I know that this may be a stretch, because most people have no memory of their birth anyway.. Regardless, I would appreciate any recommendations.

Any insight on the subject, advice, or if you have a personal near death experience you wish to share, I'd love to hear it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I once thought I may have had a near death experience, I died on the operating table twice. I saw a bright light with two white figures standing next to me, I looked around and thought “man do I ever have a small bright room” then they told me to go back.
Later, upon reflection I realized that I had woken up in the elevator after surgery and the two figures were nurses telling me to go back to sleep. Oh well had me going for a few days.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have been pretty much braindead for years.You know what they say-no brain no pain.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul47

Died twice on the operating table? Just curious, but are doctors required to infrom their patients when that happens? I'm assuming that's how you learned - you doc told you?

So you have no memory of your near death experience either. Interesting. Maybe 'experiencing' things in these circumstances is less common than having no conscious memory of the event.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanGI5
reply to post by Paul47

Died twice on the operating table? Just curious, but are doctors required to infrom their patients when that happens? I'm assuming that's how you learned - you doc told you?

I'm not the OP, but I can answer this question. The surgeon(s) must explain to the patient (and/or family) how the operation went, what the findings were, exactly what was (or was not) done during the operation, and whether any complications occurred while in the operating room.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
A friend of mine was born with his cord wrapped around his neck also although im pretty sure he didn't die from it. I wonder how common this is?

Anyway I wouldn't imagine that anything so far back as the day of your birth would be recoverable via any means but I am willing to be proven wrong! Good luck in your quest, friend

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Its possible hypnotherapy may uncover that memory, but would probably take years of practicing meditation to unearth it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

Yeah I also knew a guy from high school with the same story as me.

I really don't think it is very uncommon... I think there should be some sort of research study on these kinds of births - it could uncover common traits maybe

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I would say any experience you may have had probably has not changed your life. You were still a blank slate at that point and really would not have had the faculties to comprehend that type of event.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul47

I had to give that a star for the sheer hilarity.

2nd

new topics

top topics

join