It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't it Ironic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Time to roll out you're favourite ironic musings...

Isn't it ironic that you can't emigrate to Australia if you have a criminal record, when originally you had to commit a crime to get to live there in the first place?

Who's next?
edit on 3-7-2011 by FanarFanar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic that the states that enforce abstinence and restrict sex education have the highest rate of teen pregnancies?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I find it Ironic that the US is originally going to be considered the land of the free when it's actually nothing more than a Autocratic/Totalitarian state.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
isn't it ironic that the nobel peace prize is named after an arms manufacturer/ inventor?

isn't it ironic that they put andrew jackson on the 20$ bill

isn't every motto of most major political and economic partnerships (IMF, World Bank, WTC, etc.) ironic?

they LOVE irony, hell in canada each bill weighs a different amount, the funny part is the twenty only weighs 1.0g but the 10 and the 5 weigh 1.1 and 1.2 respectivly #ing irony.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic that chopsticks are blunt?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stoptheinsanity2012
isn't it ironic that the nobel peace prize is named after an arms manufacturer/ inventor?

Not really no because he believed that when nations could completely destroy each other instantly that humanity would recoil at war and there would be world peace.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
^ yea that really worked didn't it?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Often times you'll hear someone say, "Isn't that ironic?" when the fact of the matter is that it really isn't. According to a study done by the Usage Panel, 78% of the instances of the word "irony" are used improperly.

Isn't that ironic?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic for some leaders/authorities(as well as scheduling in a non-medicinal category) to claim cannabis has NO medicinal value yet there are 2 FDA approved products, Sativex and Marinol, made of cannabis?!?!
www.drugs.com...
www.rxlist.com...

Please refrain from personal testimony/comments

edit on 3-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think this fits pretty well

He's got a whole list pretty much

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
"An old man turned 98, he won the lottery and died the next day, isn't it ironic?"... No, Alanis, it is not. It is just damn unlucky.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Not really no because he believed that when nations could completely destroy each other instantly that humanity would recoil at war and there would be world peace.

Did'nt seem to help all that much. Also kind of like saying that, I will give you the tools to kill one another, to make you peaceful.
Reminds me of the StarTrek voyager episode where chakote tells the story of the scorpion who was trying to get accross the river, when a fox came along. The scorpion asked if he could ride on his back to get to the other side. The fox says , no you will sting me.The scorpion convinces the fox to agree, and half way across the scorpion stings him, and the fox says why did you do that now we'll both die, the scorpion replies, because i am a scorpion that is my nature.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yeah but I'm saying it's not irony, since his goal was world peace.

Edit: People these days just have no f****** idea what irony is. Just evidence that public schools are both failing and a money pit.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Examples of irony from this thread:

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Isn't it ironic that the states that enforce abstinence and restrict sex education have the highest rate of teen pregnancies?

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I find it Ironic that the US is originally going to be considered the land of the free when it's actually nothing more than a Autocratic/Totalitarian state.

Examples of things that aren't irony from this thread:

they LOVE irony, hell in canada each bill weighs a different amount, the funny part is the twenty only weighs 1.0g but the 10 and the 5 weigh 1.1 and 1.2 respectivly #ing irony.

Originally posted by nerbot
Isn't it ironic that chopsticks are blunt?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think its ironic how many people watch this video and don't realize she bought her coffee at a gas station - but failed to buy gas

top topics

join