It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth. Is this for real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
OK this may be the wrong place for this but here goes. I have been seeing a lot of things on ATS about Google Earth so I finally got it. Now I seen a lot of things on You Tube about crazy things on Google Earth as well so I went to see if I could find them my self. I found one that is crazy I want to ask about. Is this for real and if so why have I not seen it on TV news? If not than I am thinking Google Earth has been hacked and is useless for any type of research.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3a4a7b17785.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow, this intrigues me. I will be watching this topic.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

You haven't seen it because it's clearly man made. Its not surprising people with a bit of land and knowledge of Google Earth or even Satellite imaging would want to dick with the people observing the images. I think it just shows a fun side to us you don't see that often

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Does that say 300? lol. Like the spartans?

Remember, THIS IS SPARTA!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Interesting...the coat of arms with the llama and cornucopia is on the flag of Peru.

www.mapsofworld.com...
edit on 3-7-2011 by Lacyisarobot because: add link

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow is that Egyptian? because they look like hieroglyphics out in the middle of a desert

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its 309 i believe....The whole thing is a UFO greeting id bet.....perhaps trying to lure them down onto the ground....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The giant pink bunny rabbit was better.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Forget Google Earth, shouldn't we focus on the hilarity of the Peruvian coat of arms containing a llama?
I mean, are they the most ridiculous creatures on earth, or what?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
The giant pink bunny rabbit was better.

Where?

So this is real. It is like graffiti on a planetary scale. ET flys by and sees that I wonder what it is going to think about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Here:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Llamas are important players in Peru's history. At least their turds are, but poo doesn't look good on flags.

One of the world's greatest ancient civilizations may have been built on llama droppings, a new study has found. Machu Picchu, the famous Inca city set in the Peruvian Andes, celebrates the centenary of its "'discovery" by the outside world this July. Dignitaries will descend on site for a glitzy event in July marking 100 years since US explorer Hiram Bingham came upon the site, but the origins of Machu Picchu were far less glamorous. According to a study published in archaeological review Antiquity, llama droppings provided the basis for the growth of Inca society.

Link to quote

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It appears to be a homage to the Peruvian military; cavalry, engineers, commandos, infantry and one other thing which I can't make out.

If you click on some of the photo links of this site on Google Earth, it appears to be on partially raised ground, so it is primarily for the benefit of motorists who drive past it on the main road.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think this one is the universal sign that tells other aliens that we all taste like chicken.

i53.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
On google earth between Austin, Nevada and Fallon, Nevada...the highway is littered with some very interesting shots of weird designs...I'll grab a couple shots and post them...they look similar to the ones in the OP.
edit on 3-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

Reckon they're trying to say that's where 'the Last Mimzy' is, ready and waiting...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lacyisarobot
reply to post by Awen24

Llamas are important players in Peru's history. At least their turds are, but poo doesn't look good on flags.
Link to quote

2 Things:

1) ha

2) that's actually really interesting! Consider my interest piqued... I'll have to read up on that. I've read plenty about ancient Peruvians and their structures, but never encountered THAT thread!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

WHERE is this on google earth? you give no country or corrdinatesw

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

OMG!! Thats REALLY there lol

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

WHERE is this on google earth? you give no country or corrdinatesw

I guess the drawing messed you up. If you look at the top left of the picture it say Google Earth. If you look at the bottom of the picture it clearly shows the place.
It is in Tacna Peru at 18*00"12.96' south by 70*16"00.10' west
Check the picture and you will see that is there. Sorry, maybe I should have pointed that out sooner.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join