It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is GOOD and I will defend Him. A Challenge for Atheists

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruthh

You wrote:

["however, Cold and hot can Co-exist,"]

Do you have ANY idea of what you're talking about? Hot and cold are not two differently charged polarities, they are expressions of how 'agitated' atoms or molecules are. When hot and cold meet the result is always, that this agitation will find an average soon.

Wish you guys would learn a little about scientific knowledge and method, BEFORE you start using it.

Quote: ["So again, like I said. God isn't stupid enough to contradict his own spirit. he can't be love and evil at the same time."]

And again, as I said, this a a postulate from your mythology.

Quote: ["Obviously he is one or the other, and the other that he's not, is the result of the opposite of his ways and spirit."]

Postulates are not 'obvious'.

Quote: ["This is common sense."]

'Common sense' is a result of consensus in a group. So with the special way of reasoning demonstrated by pro-theists on this thread, any postulate from the christian mythology can be 'common sense' for christians here.

For people using science/logic or rational reasoning the pro-theist arguments are NOT common sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The connection from the OT to the NT is found in a thread here. HERE God ties His creation together with what the OT misses--LOGOS. The fingerprint of God is verified by this in the way we have learned quantum physics. The linked thread above may give you a new perspective.

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by bogomil

The character Jahveh is definitely evil, as he's portrayed, so the 'lack' of him should consequently make people good.
I'm only quoting the part of your post I agree with, so just for the record I am being selective and "cherry picking". Any right thinking person should understand this concept that is being expressed here, whether that person is a "believer" or not. Connections between the Old and New Testaments are sketchy at best. There may or may not be direct prophecies about Jesus in the Old Testament but I do not think it would be in the parts that glorify mass murder and tribalism and warfare. When the Pharisees told Jesus that they had Abraham as their father, he replied that their father was a murderer. Are we to say that Jesus was wrong somehow and that these depictions of various gods in the history of themselves (that one particular tribe) that we are handed as "scriptures" have to be revered, right or wrong? I would say, No. That is not where we find Jesus, and to accept this lumped together mess of books as having to be adopted as a creed by Christians is to me a crime of monstrous proportion and is the source of the killings of millions of innocents.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

Do you have ANY idea of what you're talking about? Hot and cold are not two differently charged polarities, they are expressions of how 'agitated' atoms or molecules are. When hot and cold meet the result is always, that this agitation will find an average soon.

Wish you guys would learn a little about scientific knowledge and method, BEFORE you start using it.

Quote: ["So again, like I said. God isn't stupid enough to contradict his own spirit. he can't be love and evil at the same time."]

Quote: ["Obviously he is one or the other, and the other that he's not, is the result of the opposite of his ways and spirit."]

'Common sense' is a result of consensus in a group. So with the special way of reasoning demonstrated by pro-theists on this thread, any postulate from the christian mythology can be 'common sense' for christians here.

For people using science/logic or rational reasoning the pro-theist arguments are NOT common sense.

Man please, you aint using science/logic, you're using your own postulates as well according to evil and good in your own view.

Hot and water can co-exist. they can mix...

God cannot be evil and good. He taught only one which is love. It's stupid to think he can be stupid enough to contradict himself in spirit.

my opinion, I didn't say it's fact. I'm using what my common sense tells me, to you, postulate..

whatever dude.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yes. It is a property of light. I was speaking of the way we view temperature, not the way it is. We see it as different degrees with Hot being one setting and Cold being another. In reality, it is one thing. A result of LIGHT. Go HERE to read all about it. Contribute if you wish.

You wrote:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I rest in this thread on the words I have spoken. Join me here.

Originally posted by JesusisTruthh

You wrote:

Man please, you aint using science/logic, you're using your own postulates as well according to evil and good in your own view.

God cannot be evil and good. He taught only one which is love. It's stupid to think he can be stupid enough to contradict himself in spirit.

my opinion, I didn't say it's fact. I'm using what my common sense tells me, to you, postulate..

whatever dude.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You wrote:

["No he isn't... you're only picking and chosing a mis interpreted 10% of how he's portrayed because of your bigotry."]

Misinterpretated according to YOUR interpretation. As I use rational methods, mine are probably better.

'Bigotry' = anyone disagreeing with you. Christians are so endearing in their tolerance and love to those, who don't believe in their myths. A VERY good example for the rest of us, so we feel inspired to join you.

Quote: [" But anyways if grace wasn't real, evil wouldn't exist."]

A meaningless postulate.

Quote: ["Some souls have no fealing inside."]

'Soul'...also a postulate.

Quote: ["Every ounce of love is a movement in the soul of grace. This is impossible to explain so I'll let God show you after death."]

And until then I have to take your word for it; and if I don't take your word for it, I'm a bigot. Nice logical going.

Nah dude. nice try, it doesn't work. I meant you're a bigot for the misinterpretation of scripture. I didn't call you a bigot for not knowing what grace is..

lol dem atheist are sharp as a tack..

How on earth am I supposed to know what special sophistery you use(d) for calling me a bigot.

Highlighted: ["I meant you're a bigot for the misinterpretation of scripture."]

So the 33.999 christian interpretations of the bible, which are different from yours are also from 'bigots'. And in any case I can interpretate the bible as well as anybody, and my conclusion is, that the character Jahveh is evil.

Quote: ["I didn't call you a bigot for not knowing what grace is.."]

How can you have any idea of, if I know what the concept 'grace' is or not. Are you claivoyant?

There are no 'nice try's on my part, as I'm not the one to start on character analyses, when things go against me.

PS And what has 'sharp atheists' to do with my opinions and comments?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

I rest in this thread on the words I have spoken. Join me here.

You wrote:

whatever dude.

Dude I'm done in this thread. Too many circular arguments. These type of arguments can't go anywhere.

All I know is that God specifically said "love is the fullfillment of the law"

he didn't say..

" be an a**wipe to every son***** walking "

so that should tell you who God is..

Im outie....

edit on 5-7-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You wrote:

["No he isn't... you're only picking and chosing a mis interpreted 10% of how he's portrayed because of your bigotry."]

Misinterpretated according to YOUR interpretation. As I use rational methods, mine are probably better.

'Bigotry' = anyone disagreeing with you. Christians are so endearing in their tolerance and love to those, who don't believe in their myths. A VERY good example for the rest of us, so we feel inspired to join you.

Quote: [" But anyways if grace wasn't real, evil wouldn't exist."]

A meaningless postulate.

Quote: ["Some souls have no fealing inside."]

'Soul'...also a postulate.

Quote: ["Every ounce of love is a movement in the soul of grace. This is impossible to explain so I'll let God show you after death."]

And until then I have to take your word for it; and if I don't take your word for it, I'm a bigot. Nice logical going.

Nah dude. nice try, it doesn't work. I meant you're a bigot for the misinterpretation of scripture. I didn't call you a bigot for not knowing what grace is..

lol dem atheist are sharp as a tack..

How on earth am I supposed to know what special sophistery you use(d) for calling me a bigot.

Highlighted: ["I meant you're a bigot for the misinterpretation of scripture."]

So the 33.999 christian interpretations of the bible, which are different from yours are also from 'bigots'. And in any case I can interpretate the bible as well as anybody, and my conclusion is, that the character Jahveh is evil.

Quote: ["I didn't call you a bigot for not knowing what grace is.."]

How can you have any idea of, if I know what the concept 'grace' is or not. Are you claivoyant?

There are no 'nice try's on my part, as I'm not the one to start on character analyses, when things go against me.

PS And what has 'sharp atheists' to do with my opinions and comments?

LOL it was a joke dude. Sharp as a tack. I'm messing with you man. I aint serious about it. You're a smart guy actually.

You called grace a mythological invention.

I draw conclusions from your (postulate)... which is what it is.

therefore I said

" Wait until after death, God will show you "

And about the translations of the bible. I agree many of them are false.

laters.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You wrote:

whatever dude.

["Hot and water can co-exist. they can mix..."]

I'm beginning to understand the theist mindset better, after reading things like this. Ofcourse hot and WATER can co-exist, but we are talking about hot and COLD not co-existing.

Your postulates about 'god' are still postulates, no matter how many times you repeat them.

Common sense and science/logic/rational reasoning are not identical; they are nor even always similar. Sometimes quite the opposite.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

The connection from the OT to the NT is found in a thread here. HERE God ties His creation together with what the OT misses--LOGOS. The fingerprint of God is verified by this in the way we have learned quantum physics. The linked thread above may give you a new perspective.

reply to post by bogomil

The character Jahveh is definitely evil, as he's portrayed, so the 'lack' of him should consequently make people good.
I'm only quoting the part of your post I agree with, so just for the record I am being selective and "cherry picking". Any right thinking person should understand this concept that is being expressed here, whether that person is a "believer" or not. Connections between the Old and New Testaments are sketchy at best. There may or may not be direct prophecies about Jesus in the Old Testament but I do not think it would be in the parts that glorify mass murder and tribalism and warfare. When the Pharisees told Jesus that they had Abraham as their father, he replied that their father was a murderer. Are we to say that Jesus was wrong somehow and that these depictions of various gods in the history of themselves (that one particular tribe) that we are handed as "scriptures" have to be revered, right or wrong? I would say, No. That is not where we find Jesus, and to accept this lumped together mess of books as having to be adopted as a creed by Christians is to me a crime of monstrous proportion and is the source of the killings of millions of innocents.

Paulus just added another mythological postulate in form of the new contract. Imo opinion it's a fake, created by a sociopath.

["The fingerprint of God is verified by this in the way we have learned quantum physics."]

Your knowledge and understanding of science is far too small to make such claims. Until you demonstrate a real knowledge, I take it for granted, that you present canned arguments (which by the way are non-sense).

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

God ties His creation together with what the OT misses--LOGOS.
This does not address the question of why only the god of this one particular tribe is immune from any standards which would apply to any other. You do not show how this tribal god is being loving by ordering the genocide of competing tribes and taking their land. Seems your answer is that this one god out of hundreds of possible gods has to be The God for perpetuity. Does Jesus acknowledge this concept? I don't think so and to the contrary, I think he speaks against that idea, along with Peter and Paul who eventually saw things in a non-tribal way.
Do you realize Jesus was killed for being a Samaritan? Look it up, that was the charge made against him, then quickly thereafter was crucified. People point to the reason given to the Roman representative and ignore the charges of the Jewish council. He was counted as a foreigner and then killed accordingly. Could be that it became known that he had associated with Samaritans and they saw it as a threat. So do you uphold the beliefs of those who killed Christ, that only that god is God and those not acknowledging that are worthy of death?
The Sanhedrin thought so.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

While I hardly can imagine, that I ever will be overly enthusiastic about theism, a christianity using only NT would be a merit..

But to 'clean' NT from OT would be a tough job (which fortunately isn't my problem).

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

. love comes from him or else we wouldn't have it in us.

Does this also mean hate comes from him or we wouldn't have it in us?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

No, God isn't the creator of evil. Evil is the lack of God in a humansoul. Lack of grace.

Think about it.

He created love too right? So is God that stupid enough to contradict his own spirit? Why is their love and evil and not just one or the other?

it's a lack of God in the human soul that goes along with choice to chose grace or not.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." Isiah 45:7 KJV

God said so himself, so it must be so. Yes, he must be that stupid to contradict himself.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Jesus was the Living Torah. His knowledge of it is obvious if He is God. God defends the loving against those who steal, kill and destroy. We are not at liberty to judge God over the OT when we are not aware of the situation. Other than what we read in the OT, God demonstrates His judgment over those who steal, kill and destroy. He protects. This is a vastly different intent than the converse actions of evil. God is good.

We could say a Police officer is evil for protecting an innocent teen against a drug dealer with no problem. God provided this universe for you without asking anything except your love for Him and others. His grace is free to you but costly to Him. God is good.

God ties His creation together with what the OT misses--LOGOS.
This does not address the question of why only the god of this one particular tribe is immune from any standards which would apply to any other. You do not show how this tribal god is being loving by ordering the genocide of competing tribes and taking their land. Seems your answer is that this one god out of hundreds of possible gods has to be The God for perpetuity. Does Jesus acknowledge this concept? I don't think so and to the contrary, I think he speaks against that idea, along with Peter and Paul who eventually saw things in a non-tribal way.
Do you realize Jesus was killed for being a Samaritan? Look it up, that was the charge made against him, then quickly thereafter was crucified. People point to the reason given to the Roman representative and ignore the charges of the Jewish council. He was counted as a foreigner and then killed accordingly. Could be that it became known that he had associated with Samaritans and they saw it as a threat. So do you uphold the beliefs of those who killed Christ, that only that god is God and those not acknowledging that are worthy of death?
The Sanhedrin thought so.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

No, God isn't the creator of evil. Evil is the lack of God in a humansoul. Lack of grace.

Think about it.

He created love too right? So is God that stupid enough to contradict his own spirit? Why is their love and evil and not just one or the other?

it's a lack of God in the human soul that goes along with choice to chose grace or not.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." Isiah 45:7 KJV

God said so himself, so it must be so. Yes, he must be that stupid to contradict himself.

He meant the evils of affliction and punishment, but not the evil of sin. Because in the same book he condemns evil all throughout it.

He makes people, also, that turn out to be evil, but he doesn't preach or condone evil. It was a general statement that God lets the sun shine on the evil and ritious. This was a prophecy about Christ to the generations.

peace.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Hate is in us because of the lack of God in us which is what he said. Which is why he condemned hate, even of our enemies.

He never said

"hate thy enemy"

"hate is the fullfillment of the law"

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That was a really good answer. I like the quote from Buddha in the opening chapter of the Dhammapada:

"Hate never dispels hate. Only love can dispel hate."

This is so true to what God speaks to us in His word.

Originally posted by Hydroman

Hate is in us because of the lack of God in us which is what he said. Which is why he condemned hate, even of our enemies.

He never said

"hate thy enemy"

"hate is the fullfillment of the law"

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Would you like to qualify your earlier claim of being a Christian? Would you like to do a little disclosure so people know where you are coming from? In reply to my questions about Jesus, you say, "If he was God", that reminds me of the devil in the temptation in the wilderness story in the Gospels. Then you give a slogan of the "Jewish Identity" sect. Would you like to explain any of this, out of fairness to your readers? I believe Jesus is God, do you? I do qualify it a bit that Jesus says the Father is greater, and I accept it though the only God I know is the One represented in the person of Jesus Christ. We know the Father through him. There is no other way. If you believe there is, don't you think you should go ahead and admit it?
these are the first three words of the OP,

As a Christian. . .
so it is important and on topic for this thread.

edit on 5-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Another way to understand this:

God separates light from darkness creating both from one. God separates peace from evil to create both form one. What is the one thing? Chaos. In other words, "He the Lord does all these things for you!"

Originally posted by novastrike81

Think about it.

He meant the evils of affliction and punishment, but not the evil of sin. Because in the same book he condemns evil all throughout it.

He makes people, also, that turn out to be evil, but he doesn't preach or condone evil. It was a general statement that God lets the sun shine on the evil and ritious. This was a prophecy about Christ to the generations.

peace.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join