It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Comes The Police State...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

A picture may be worth 1,000 words, but Narces Benoit's decision to videotape a shooting by Miami police landed him in jail after officers smashed his cell-phone camera.

It was 4am on May 30 when Benoit and his girlfriend Erika Davis saw officers firing dozens of bullets into a car driven by Raymond Herisse, a suspect who hit a police officer and other vehicles while driving recklessly. Herisse died in the hail of lead, and four bystanders also suffered gunshot wounds, the Miami Herald newspaper reported.

Police noticed the man filming the shooting and an officer jumped into his truck, and put a pistol to his head, Benoit said. The video shows officers crowding around Herisse's vehicle before opening fire, followed by indistinguishable yelling at onlookers, including Benoit, to stop filming.

The cop yelled: "Wanna be a [expletive] paparazzi?" Benoit recounted in a TV interview.

"My phone was smashed, he stepped on it, handcuffed me," the 35-year-old car stereo technician told CNN.
Despite his phone being destroyed, Benoit was able to save the footage by taking the memory card out of the device and putting it in his mouth before handing it over to police, he said, adding that officers smashed several other cameras in the chaos which followed the shooting.

the video can be seen here

I have seen multiple threads here on ATS lately with similar stories - outright excessive police force / brutality..
Is this the beginning of the police state?

edit on 3-7-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Just a joke.

But really this is a problem and either police need better training on how to deal with this issue or just outlaw filming police (it is what they want obviously).

Police should not care if they are being videotaped and we should be able to vidoetape anything in public at anytime.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They are taking these extreme actions in public areas and expexting no one to watch or take pictures or video? They expect bystanders to just act like nothing happened and go on about their day? Oh, and if you fail to do so, you get a gun pointed in your face and then get thrown in jail?

What happened to police protecting the people?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
there is already thread for that shooting,and camera confiscation.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread712666/pg1

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I dont #ing get it...

They just HAVE to be pumping these gorillas up on SOME kind of drug to distort thier judgement and reasoning.

WHAT KIND OF COP walks up to a car with a gun pointed at innocent bystanders?

# me...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
ok im not posting anything about this thread but seriously did the link have to be to al jezeera? wtf man

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
there is already thread for that shooting,and camera confiscation.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread712666/pg1

Closed.

Please use ATS SEARCH unless it is breaking, it has probably been discussed already here.
edit on July 3rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join