It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you ATS members use for your news network? Just curious =D

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is just another one of my rants and I'm just wondering what are news preferences for the members here, I know a lot of people watch CNN or FOX, but I really do not trust either network because I feel like all they do is feed us bias that we know are just plain load of crap. Besides that, my preference is AlJazeera, I think their articles are pretty solid, they have some biases, however, I am just curious what other news networks people listen to.

Hope everyone has a kick ass July 4th! =D

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I would have to say that the Onion network is by far the best

The Onion

At least they are up front when it comes to nonsense.

More on topic though, I do not have a preference. I normally compare every source that I can find that carries a story and compare the lies before drawing a line around where I believe the truth lies.
edit on 3-7-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Who uses just one? Drudge, Al Jazera, People's Daily Online, FARK(for fun), Infowars, Fox online, MSNBC online, and several others.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I would have to say that the Onion network is by far the best

The Onion

At least they are up front when it comes to nonsense.

More on topic though, I do not have a preference. I normally compare every source that I can find that carries a story and compare the lies before drawing a line around where I believe the truth lies.
edit on 3-7-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

I definitely have to check out the Onion network, seems pretty legit. Do you have any other recommendations?
edit on 3-7-2011 by Unvarnished because: Typo

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I hope that is sarcasm in your post.

Its great for a laugh though.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

I definitely have to check out the Onion network, seems pretty legit. Do you have any other recommendations?
edit on 3-7-2011 by Unvarnished because: Typo
You do realize that it is satire, right?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I typically scan all of these channels on one site:

www.livestation.com...

Hit the 'English' link at the top of the page.

edit on 3-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

As a medical student I would have to agree with this post, majority of Alzheimer's does go misdiagnosed, I have no idea why anyone is keeping this a secret.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My daily pablum is the local TV news..they are worthless as far as world news (alerted them to a train wreck in Reno and they have yet to air anything )That said I listen to short wave radio..I have a long wire antenna..stations come in from all over the world at nite . .
I an surprised by the amount of news I find here on ATS..lots of people are hunting news and posting on here.
Study hard and be well friend

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As for TV I watch the midnight news on ABC because I have a crush on Cynthia McFadden. Otherwise I only turn on the TV for 5 minutes in the morning to see the weather and make sure the world didn't end.

Daily headlines on drudge.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
News networks... main stream.... alternative... watch them all and fill in the blanks.

No one story tells all truth in the media due to bias one way or the other. I suggest getting all sides to stay informed based upon theory. That my friend, is what we the people have to work with. That also, is why conspiracy runs amuck.

We will never have absolute unbiased truth until such time comes that human nature can be bypassed and set aside.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The BBC, ABC Channel 4 and RT.....Its interesting to see how they all put a different spin on things.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I had a feeling that it was you who posted this. Quite the curious creature, aren’t you? Always asking questions…but that’s cool. That’s how we learn.

But you may want to rephrase how you go about it. While honesty is the best policy, people come here to discuss their viewpoint on a multitude of topics and do not want their identities known.

Those with a IT, hacker or investigative background can deduce over time, the identity of posters.

Many may not want that.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I definitely have to check out the Onion network, seems pretty legit.

It's a well known satirical website.

The Onion is an American news satire organization. It is an entertainment newspaper and a website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news
(Source)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've been reading Los Angeles Times lately, and it's ok for me. I particularly like the Los Angeles Times / World / Europe section www.latimes.com... more than any other local (in Europe terms) section. It's quite distant in view and deep in info and I like that.

I watch CNN-Int too from time to time. And SpaceWeather.com on daily basis.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Most days I check the following sites several times

Slashdot News for nerds, stuff that matters
2600 The Hacker Quarterly
DRUDGE REPORT 2011®
Cryptome
Giveaway of the Day
COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY
The Blaze
Rush Limbaugh Home Page
Sean Hannity
WikiLeaks
OpenLeaks
Twitter - WikiLeaks

For fun

MonkeyBusinessBlog
The Onion - America's Finest News Source
You Tube

Lately

Twitter - #AntiSec
Twitter - YourAnonNews

HackerLeaks
Your Anon News

Sometimes foreign TV via internet (BBC News 24, Sky News Live, Al Jazeera English and 9 News Australia)

My number one place to get news or get pointed to news is

AboveTopSecret.com Conspiracy Theories, UFOs, Politics, and Many Other Alternative Topics

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Preference is if local sources when looking to get to the bottom of a story.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by feather3socks
Otherwise I only turn on the TV for 5 minutes in the morning to see the weather and make sure the world didn't end.

Hey, I do that too.
Plus I wake up and come on here to make sure California still exists.
One day... one day...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sky News

The only news channel I'll trust for unbiased reporting of both sides.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I get all my news from the Internet or private Bloomberg terminal (for financial info). TV news is worthless. It is an inefficient way to gain info (internet is faster) and it plays on emotions and linguistic manipulation more than print news. Turn it off.

Here are the basics:

www.bloomberg.com...

www.stratfor.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join