It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's get specific, why is Glenn Beck a foaming at the mouth fearmongering baby-eating liar/racist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Seriously, everyone seems to say the exact same things about him but somehow I fail to see or hear any of it.

He's said some things I disagree with, and sometimes the God talk gets overbearing but nothing that would make me start telling everyone he is a messenger of the jewsatan or anything.

So, without the crummy soundbites everybody has heard a thousand times and without bringing up the photoshoot where he made fun of himself by fake crying, why do you hate the guy so much, specifically?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I don't know maybe people have been programed to think everything that comes from fox is bs.. so the more extreme stuff is met with more intense resistance?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Lewis Black says it better than most.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
well I dislike his style because he is a walking contradiction.. i mean he will talka bout soro's but then say there is no globalist conspiracy going on. He will do a show one show on the federal reserve and then not full heartedly say hey lets get an audit or end it.l

One of his patanet sayings "question with boldness" but anyone who questions 9/11 your crazy and you shouldn;t be allowed to do it.

I mean again he is walking contradiction I just dont like that.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

I don't know maybe people have been programed to think everything that comes from fox is bs.. so the more extreme stuff is met with more intense resistance?

We all know FOX news can't compare to Al Jazeera! =D

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Glenn Beck Lies

This goes on for pages and pages and pages and covers years and years of Beck.
Have fun.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

Everybody does that
line

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

He has said, plenty of times, there is a globalist conspiracy. Even said things about multinational corps. That's one reason why I am always so confused about the vitriolic hate on here. The man talks about NWO all the freaking time.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Most of fox is BS and the more extreme stuff is just BS but on a grander stage. Glenn Beck is clearly a fool to anyone with a brain. He treats his audience like idiots by using his chalk board routine, his whole "Restoring Honor" and the catchy "9/12 Project" have been exercises in egotistical grand standing. I find the guy utterly weird. He may be successful at what he does, but thats no reason to buy into this deranged individual.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Because he is opportunist and a liar who
Uses and distorts history in order to create reaction
Amongst his audience. I have yet to meet a faker person
In my life face to face... None of the systematic terror
he has sowed onto his dialogue has come to pass, exactly
Because he creates artificial stories to accompany "history".
All his talk about totalitarian ideas... It seems truthful
That he has mastered the key Messaging components
Which breed the totalitarian onset. Establish enemies and
Figure out a way to narrate history to fit the reaction you desire.
Like fading Jews, Connors, gays, Sunnis, Shia's, gypsies, dark skinned
People,,, all have been fall guys for political folks like Beck.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
"April 16, 2011 Beck asserts that he doesn’t want viewers to become angry, racist, or violent. I’ll take that to mean that he wants himself off the air then? Perhaps he means himself as the cautionary tale that he is."
I'm such an angry racist person. When people say things such as in the quote above they make the assumption that people are incapable of thought. It's insulting. People are perfectly able to make sense and retain their composure. Many choose not to, but that is not an invitation for others to protect them from themselves. Bogus.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Specifics?

Everybody is an opportunist.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah, there's something creepy and elementary school about his presentations. But, hey, I see congress critters using diagrams and such things often when they present their ideas. I guess this is just the educational level of many Americans?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I dislike Glen Beck due to him taking everything to extremes. Almost anything that he disagrees with will somehow turn the country in a communist state or some fascist state depending on his mood.

It's like a political version of the old South Park underwear gnome business plan:

step 1: People forced to say happy holidays or some other minor thing
step 2: ??????
step 3: The country turns into a Communist state.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I have to hear Obama announce public support for
The one world currency, he made this case over two years ago.
I do not know one liberal who supports such a move, because
His claim was a lie.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'll tell you straight up, I dislike all TV news. I stopped watching maybe 7 or 8 years ago when I realized the Internet was about 84 octillion times better as an information source. So when I see any of these clowns, from Beck to Larry King to Wolf Blitzer to whoever, they all come across as kind of seedy carnival barkers who play on emotions. For example, look at the video posted in this thread above, which contains both Beck and some other guy who is criticizing him. They seem like mirror images of each other, at least in terms of the way they communicate. They both drop heavy insinuations like carpet bombs: trailing off in the middle of a sentence and looking meaningfully into the camera, emphasizing certain words verbally, etc. Its an intellectually dishonest way to communicate because it obviates logic. You are relieved of the burden of actually having to think through the positions because you can ride on the coattails of these little insinuations and emotionally manipulative techniques, and the speaker just takes your thought process to whatever conclusion he is aiming for. Its a terrible way to think, a terrible way to present "news" or any other serious information for that matter, and I roundly condemn it. From my perspective, thus, Beck is neither better or worse than any of the others, all of whom are serving to coarsen the already-coarse thread of public discourse.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by goldentorch

Oh man I was cracking up! Lewis Black is awesome!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Claimed that fact check websites such as Snopes are Soros
Opprations, another lie.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
ya know,
once upon a time, people thought
the survivors of the Gulf of Tonkin
incident were liars, time proved them
accurate.
9/11 was an inside job, time proved
them accurate.
Obama's Birth Certificate was fake,
time proved them accurate.

I wonder what would have happened
to America if everybody thought Paul
Revere was lying as well ???

I also wonder what will happen to America
when everybody dismisses Beck's word
as well ????

While I will be the first to admit, Beck has
made mistakes but please name me any
journalist who has never made an error
in their careers and I will show you a liar.

You may not like his delivery or his sensationalism,
still does not negate the facts that he gets correct.
Dismissing all of it makes you selective in your
reasoning skills.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Glenn claimed slavery was an innocent endeavor until the government
Stepped into to regulate it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join