It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Catches Toddler Who Fell 10 Storeys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Baby INCOMMMMMING!!!!

Oh man, nice catch lady!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Who the hell leaves a toddler alone in a house??????

Yeah, that was my initial thought. This lady left her 2 year old grand daughter alone....That is a person that does not need to be around kids.... Any one with common sense knows that a 2 year old is curious and will get into everything, you can't even take your eye off them when you are in the same room, just about!

I don't know Chinese law, but I imagine this lady will be facing some charges, I hope so anyway, her grand daughter is lucky to be alive.

Now as for the woman who caught her... She needs to play Baseball for the Texas Rangers or something. Talk about a catch for the highlight reel, huh?

Broke her arm in the process and everything.... Just amazing.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Dear Night Star

YOU would be amazed at the stories from this part of the world.

How about the toddler that is locked in with the chickens because grandfather had to go out?

The result was that the boy lost an eye.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Dear boondock-saint

Obviously you are an optimist.

In that to do so she would need to at least be in her twenties.

I think we will be dammed lucky to make it that long.

She may also unite the world.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here we go again - people not watching the
children. Unattended in a house or apt/leaving
them in hot cars.. What is the matter
with people. I do hope the toddler pulls
thru and is fine - I also hope she isn't left
with grandmother any longer.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
some one has a bad mother

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
someone has a bad mother

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
im thinking alien hybrid

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We need her on our Cricket team talk about not dropping the ball when it counts. For those who are condemning the grandma for her lapse in attention you have never had a toddler they are fast little buggers.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

I can't help but think I'm probably one of many who counted the amount of floors on the pic you posted, LOL.

Re. the OP, I sure hope that kid is alright, also the grandmother should be put down. That is all

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Women are capable of so much, and yet they are capable of so little. They can catch a toddler falling from 10 story building, in the other hand they can also degrade themselves like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61669b8ca9eb.gif[/atsimg]

Women, amazing creation, from men's point view.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That's amazing. Kids are so quick that even if somebody had been there, who knows? Little girl probably still would have fallen, though her parents might give her a parachute on her next birthday. Glad she's okay!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
an amazing story.

but what if the Butterfly Effect
was altered with this event.

What if this kid survives and grows
up to be the next Ghangis Kahn and
murders millions ???

this hero altered the future.
for better or worse
Dude, come on. That is a bit silly. How can you claim something else was meant to happen?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I saw this on the news yesterday! Incredible woman! She risked a lot by catching the kid; can you imagine the devastation if she had received the child on the head? Guess who made friends for life!

Now, if the little girl can make it out OK with no permanent sequel, that would be really amazing!

It happened in NY last year, also, but the child fell from the second story, in that case.

Child falls from second story

While on her way to deliver the piece of express mail, the baby fell out the window and landed on Harrell, who instinctively reached out and caught it.

If I remember well, she saw the child from across the street and ran quickly under the window in hope of catching the baby.

For both these women for reacting so promptly!

There ARE nice people on Earth!
edit on 4-7-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I am in no way attempting to justify leaving a 2 yr. old toddler home alone and unattended. However, I do think that this is a likely possibility that does make it sound slightly more reasonable. The kid was probably asleep when grandma left. The store could be just right down the block. Maybe she was out of diapers.

Originally posted by boondock-saint

An amazing story, but what if the Butterfly Effect was altered with this event? What if this kid survives and grows up to be the next Ghangis Kahn and murders millions? This hero altered the future, for better or worse.

You should watch 'The Adjustment Bureau.' You may believe it is real.

Let's hypothetically pretend that the future is already written.
  • This is the Golden Child, who will bring about Global Peace and tranquility to all life all on Earth.
  • The grandmas act of leaving was part of the plan.
  • The child was going to continue peacefully sleeping, until grandma returned.

This is what started the chain of events that almost led to a different outcome.
  • 10 blocks away, a teenager was riding his bicycle.
  • He peddled right out into the road, in front of a delivery truck.
  • Driver's quick instincts, caused him to swerve and miss the teenager.
  • This delivery driver crashed into a pole on the sidewalk.
  • Blackbird on top of this pole, freaked out, and flew away.
  • A few minutes later, and 10 blocks away, this bird that is still flying erratically, smacks into a window and wakes a 2 yr. old child.

The woman on the street below, the adjustor, was able to keep the future right on track by intervening and catching this child. Thanks to her intervention, Global Peace is still in our future.

• top topics

<< 1   >>

join