It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Arkansas, July 4 without local ice cream won

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

In Arkansas, July 4 without local ice cream won

www.reuters.com

Yarnell's Ice Cream of Searcy, Arkansas -- a staple at Fourth of July celebrations across the state -- announced shortly before the holiday weekend it was shutting down operations immediately
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No doom and gloom here, just thought it a bit sad having grown up in AR eating Yarnell's ice cream.
I mean really its quite depressing the way things are going in this world that an ice cream company can't survive.
We all scream for ice cream, especially when times are tough.
Some go for booze and some prefer ice cream.
Heck, even the thought of ice cream brings back fond childhood memories.
People cant afford to buy ice cream then I know it must be the end of days. Peace

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That title is kinda misleading, I know there isn't enough room, but the only reason I clicked it was because it made no sense

Anyways, this is just another sign of the state we're in, especially when looking at the big picture. It's a shame people can't even afford ice cream, and by the sound of it, it was just as famous as Cold Stone or something.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The independent ice cream company cited financial reasons for the closure, and 200 people will lose their jobs.

It seems odd that an ice cream company would shut down at the beginning of the hottest season of the year. The next 3 months could possibly have fixed some of the business woes

I wonder what the financial reasons were, exactly? Politics? Paperwork? Regulations?

To shut down, without notice, and before the busiest holiday weekend of the year, just seems like bad business.
Odd.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My apologies for misleading title. No conspiracy there but dont know how to fix it or even if I can.

Here is what's posted on there web page regarding their reasons.

Yarnell's

Over the past year, we’ve examined many possible avenues to keep the company afloat – including seeking capital investors, new sources of lending and possible sale to both financial and strategic buyers. Unfortunately, those efforts have not been successful

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here's an update for anyone interested.

Seems this company and its 200 employees may get a second chance. Which after todays news on the job outlook in this country, theres perhaps a little bit of hope for a few in Yarnell country.

source

One week after the closing of Yarnell's Ice cream in Searcy, state and city leaders say there's an aggressive push right now to give the plant a second chance.

The company seems willing to help as well even if it doesn't work out

While the community waits for a potential buyer, we've learned today that plans are set for later this month to help the roughly 200 Yarnell's workers who lost their jobs last week

effort always good

It's an effort to help out in the meantime while dialogue continues to get these trucks rolling out again.

peace

new topics

top topics

join