It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A living nightmare...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zaintdead

Suicide is the coward’s way out, but that is just my opinion. I too, have been made fun of, berated and bullied. I just never gave into it. I guess being a fighter is in my genes. I was kicked out of the house multiple times, though I had never been arrested and got middlin grades. When I was kicked out at 17, I decided enough was enough and struck out on my own. Left it all behind at the time.

I look back on my life as quite the adventure and look forward to more. I have been down and out and on top of the world to many times to just give up when I feel down. I have found that depression will feed upon itself, just worse as time goes on. You must constantly fight it or it will take over. But that’s me, there may be a chemical imbalance in your friend. I would wait and try all methods to fight these imbalances before taking meds though. Once again, just my opinion.

Edit: Glad to see you took that part out, and I hope, off the table.

edit on 3-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sounds like he could go on disability. At least he could survive and not have to worry about eating or a roof over his head.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Just thought of something...could he work at home doing something?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zaintdead

Sounds like he needs to get spiritually connected and he needs a hobby other than substance abuse. Society can eat you alive if you let it. To get spiritually connected I don't recommend church because they will probably judge him and call him a weirdo, but maybe something else like meditation, the art of looking inward and being still. I think that if he could master being still then maybe he could master social anxiety. Good luck with that guy and give him support!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join