It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wakwak, Aswang & Manananggal. Vampire like creatures from the Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The WakWak, Aswang and the Manananggal are three very similar creatures which many Filipinos believe in. Half woman, half giant bird/bat the creatures have an appetite for unborn babies. A pregnant neighbour of mine was so convinced that a WakWak was living in the mango tree outside our building that each night she would perform some kind of black magic on the terrace to deter the creature. I don't buy into this stuff, but so many people I've spoken to relay stories of their own experience of witnessing these creatures, always when there's a pregnant woman in the vicinity.

I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if any members here have any stories or experiences with such a creature.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

I believe there are a couple of photos of flying creature reputed to be Aswang - taken in the Phillipines..
I can't vouch for the authenticity of the pictures however..

J

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I recently re-watched the Aswang episode of Destination Truth. Personally, I do not think it exists, but it was very interesting to listen to the stories and the legend that surround the Aswang.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Throughout many cultures there are similar tales of demon like beings, often female in aspect, who bedevil pregnant women and/or infants and small children. I wonder what the oldest or earliest appearance of such beings in folklore would be. Lilith and her subordinates? She is from early Hebrew tradition, isn't she? Anyway when reading this thread I was put in mind of Lilith.
edit on 12-7-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos

new topics

top topics

join